Chapter 3

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: 

"Smile?" Namjoon sat back on his chair. He watched as Mrs. Jung looked back at Yoongi with a delicate and lovely smile. She was glad her son decided to show up. He looked back at his mother with a glare. She looked away and kept her gaze on her other son and smiled warmly. 

"She is your mother Suga, treat her with respect." Namjoom commented once more. Namjoon had always called Yoongi, Suga. He guessed it was because of his fair skin and beautiful smile. The smile the boy once had. 

"We have a love-hate relationship." Suga voiced out. He took a sip of the apple cider infront of him. "But it is mostly a hate relationship." 

Seokjin looked over the table and saw Hoseok. He was smiling sweetly. His gaze fell on the first girl. She has long dark black hair the rolls down her back into thick curls. Her height was small but she was well built. Her dress showed off her well toned body. Her eyes look as dark as the night sky. He could tell she was in pain. She smiled ever so sweetly but behind that smile he knew she wasn't ready. The girl wrapped her delicate hands around her water cup. She kept looking at the man getting married. Seokjin guessed that must be her father. 

The girl next to her patted her back. She smiled at her and looked back at the groom.

Her hair was much lighter then the other girl's. It had a hint of brown and red mixed together on the bottom ends. Her hair is rolls into small loose curls. Her hair falls a little below her mid back. Much shorter then the other girl's hair. Her eyes seemed to be lighter colored but in a way looked similar to the other girl. She is a bit taller then the other girl but only by an inch or two. She has a dark maroon dress on. It makes her look a little more fragile and pale. She seems alot more comfortable in the wedding reception then the first girl. 

Seokjin begun to wonder their names. He imagined they had beauitful names since they were both very pretty. The first girl looked like she is about to break down crying. And the second girl continued patting her back. Hoseok turned to the first girl and mouthed her something. Seokjin can't read lips. 

"Being weird again." Yoongi voiced out bringing Seokjin back to his senses. 

"No!" Seokjin answered quickly and furrowed his eyebrows. "I was just wondering by any chance did your mother tell you that her groom has children?" 

Yoongi places the cup on the table. He looked over at Hoseok and two other girls. "Yeah. Hoseok told me a few days ago." He pushes his blonde locks away from his face.

"So that's them right?" Seokjin stared back at the girls once again. 

"Probably." Yoongi rolled his eyes and answered coldly "I don't care though. If Hoseok wants to deal with them, I dont mind, they're not my blood anyways." 

Seokjin's mouth formed an 'o'. He looked back at the bride and groom.

They just finished their vows. The guests clap gleefully. Yoongi's mother walked over to their table holding the sides her beautiful white dress. 

"Hello Namjoon and Seokjin." She smiled happily "Yoongi, I am so glad you came!" 

"That makes one of us. Is there any alcholic beverages? " Yoongi sipped on his drink. She looked at her son awkwardly. "What?" 

She fixed her posture. "Why don't you boys go join your brother over there?" She pointed to the empty seats next to Hoseok. "I am sure he would be happy to see all of you. And you have to meet your sisters." 

"They aren't my sisters. I don't feel like it." Yoongi stated.

"Yoongi. This is a very special day to me." His mother looked directly into his eyes. She is on the verge of tears. "I rarely ask anything from you, just this once, please listen to me just this one time."

Yoongi looked at his mother then at Namjoon. Namjoon motioned his head towards the girls and Hoseok, as if telling him with gestures to hurry up and go already. Seokjin kept his head low.

Yoongi doesn't want to cause a scene. The last thing he wants is to make his mother cry in front of all these guests. As much as he hated this wedding, and as angry and bitter as he was feeling towards his mother and the groom, he swallowed his pride and let out a harsh breath as if to show his annoyance. After all he knew this wedding was only important to his mother, but it meant absolutely nothing to him. 

Yoongi stood up from his seat. He looked at his mother with an expression of despise yet tenderness as he knew deep down inside he was being too harsh on her. She smiled and mouthed out a small 'Thank you'.

He calmly strides to Hoseok, who is engrossed in a conversation with the two girls sitting beside him. Namjoon and Seokjin march behind him.

"Look who finally decided to show up." Hoseok laughed pointing at his brother in a fancy dress suit. "Always doing things to catch attention."

Yoongi rolled his eyes "oh just shut up horse." 

He pulled the chair to sit down. "I was doing other things. More important things than being here at this waste of time"

"yeah right" Hoseok mocked sarcastically "Fighting those stupid gangs."

Seokjin suddenly made eye contact with the girls. "Hi." He whispered. It came out creeoy and he mentally slapped himself.

"Hello." The girl with the brown-red hair said. She smiled at him revealing her beautiful straight teeth.

"Yoongi, you haven't meet them yet but this is Jungmee and Minhee " Hoseok looked over at his brother. Yoongi yawned and looks at his phone.

"Hi!. I am Minhee." She extended her right hand cheerfully. "Its nice to finally meet you." she looked at the disinterested boy who seemed to be ignoring her on purpose, even though he is gazing right at her.

Yoongi looked down at her hand. He stood up. "I need some fresh air. I'll be back " He walked off towards the door.

Minhee sighed and pulled her hand back feeling a bit of embarassment. She sat back and looked at the decorative rose on the center piece.

"He's like that, dont let it phase you okay? big brother Hoseok will protect you" he chuckled, with eveyone else joining along "These are our friends Seokjin and Namjoon." Hoseok exclaims trying to break the tension.

Minhee adverted her attention to the smiling boys. "Hi I am Minhee." a little more shyer than before due to the event beforehand. 

Namjoon kindly smiled and Seokjin extended his hand to shake hers.

Namjoon looked over at the other girl. "What about you?"

"I am Jungmee. Her older twin sister." Jungmee responds and shaked his hand.

Seokjin gazed at Jungmee. Jungmee fixed her brownish hair.

"Hi I am Seokjin." He extended his hand once more.

"Nice to meet you, Seokjin." Jungmee blushed at the suddent touch of his hand. It was strong but soft. 

"You guys can call me Jin." Seokjin blurted out nervously "If it's easier for both of you."

Minhee nodded her head.

"So who exactly are you two?" Namjoon asked randomly.

Hoseok chuckled lightly. "They are the daughters of Mr. Lee. They are my step-sisters."

"So you guys will all be living together?" Namjoon asked once again.

"Yes." Minhee responded

"How old are you two?" Namjoon asks.

"We are both 16" Jungmee responded "What about you two?"

"Both of us are 19. We just turned nineteen a few months ago. " Namjoon responds "Seokjin is in college and I currently work. I can't really afford school at the moment."

"That is nice." Minhee responded. Suddenly the air is filled with awkwardness. Seokjin reached in for his cup and takes a sip of his champagne.

"Where do you think Yoongi went?" Hoseok asked
"Who knows." Namjoon looked over his shoulder and sees the couples grabbing some food. "I am hungry." He stood up and fixed his wrinkled suit. "Anyone wants to come with me?"

Seokjin nods. "I will."

He followed Namjoon closely behind. Hoseok looked over at his mother. "Excuse me for a second. Need to talk to my mother. I will be right back."He stood up and walked over to his mother who is aimlessly walking around the podium. Jungmee sat back. Minhee sighed once more and began to tremble. 

"You okay?" Jungmee raised an eyebrow. "you look like you are going to pass out."

"Our other brother he seems..." She glanced to make sure no one was listening."arrogant."

Jungmee chuckled as she sipped on her drink. "He is more then arrogant. He is an ."

Minhee sighed once more. "But i don't want to fight with him."

Jungmee shaked her head. "Just ignore him."

Minhee looked at her father. He had his arm wrapped around his new wife's thin torso. They smile at each other. He looked like he was deeply in love.  

Joohyun also looked happy. Her father looked like a completely new person. It scared her to think that her father had moved on so quickly. 

Minhee moved up from her chair. "I will be back."
"Where are you going?" Jungmee asked as she also stood up straight on her chair. 

"I need to go to the bathroom." Minhee lied.

"Want me to come with you?" Jungme raises up from her chair.

"No!" Minhee signaled "I will be fine. Go get some food."

Jungmee nodded and stood up to stand in line for food. Minhee quietly stride down the dance floor towards the bathroom. Once she lost sight of the ballroom, she took a different direction and walked out the exit doors. She continued to straddle down the sidewalk until she reaches the back of the reception. T

Please log in to read the full chapter