Chapter 23

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 23:
Jin let go of her lips catching for air. He pressed his forehead against hers. No words where needed to be exchanged. "Jungmee." Seokjin whispered.
"Mmm?" She couldn't speak. Her cheeks became crimson red.
"I am sorry." He hissed "I am sorry for hurting you. I am sorry for making you cry. I am sorry for leaving you. I am sorry for everything I have done."
Tears formed in her eyes. They quickly trickled down her cheeks.
"Don't cry anymore." Seokjin whispered "Please don't."
"I need some time to think." Jungmee blurted "I don't know what to do anymore."
Seokjin nodded his head. He wrapped his strong arms around her shoulders. They hugged for a long time.

The next morning Minhee woke up earlier then everyone else. Jungkook texted her early morning and told her where they would meet for the date.
Minhee was excited.
"Good morning Hoseok!" Minhee exclaimed as she saw Hoseok strolled into the kitchen.
"Good morning." He smiled back.
"Here I made this for you." Minhee passed a plate of scrambled eggs, bacon and an omelette.
Hoseok gazed down at his plate stunned. "Wow. Thank you!" He grabbed his fork and devoured his breakfast. "This is so good."
Minhee smiled and continued making breakfast for the rest."
Jungmee walked in. "Morning."
"Hey sister I made this for you." Minhee stated calmly.
After Seokjin left, Jungmee bolted to her room. She cried most of the night.
"Thank you." Jungmee smiled and sat next to Hoseok.
"Any plans for today?" Hoseok asked. "Namjoon and Seokjin are coming over again."
"I will probably be in my room doing nothing." Jungmee said.
"What about you?" Hoseok pointed to Minhee.
"I actually have plans." Minhee smiled cheekily.
"Plans?" Jungmee raised an eyebrow. "What kind of plans?"
"Just plans." Minhee exchanged looks with Jungmee. Jungmee let out a small chuckle.
Yoongi walked into the kitchen. Minhee noticed his hair dye was coming off and the shade of pink was disappearing. She could also see his black roots growing out.
"Good morning." Minhee let out.
"Morning." He stated coldly.
She smiled at him as he slide into his seat.
"Here you go Yoongi." She passed a plate with food to him. "Please enjoy."
Yoongi stared at his plate. He felt bad for everything he has done to his sisters. He has said mean things to them. Has hurt them them. But at the end they continue to treat him kindly. He gazed up at Minhee. She looked back at him with a week smile while fiddling with her fingers.
Yoongi cleared his throat. "Thank you Minhee."
A genuine smile spreads across Minhee's delicate face. "You're welcome."
Jungmee and Hoseok exchanged looks and smile. Yoongi can't help it but smile back. Maybe the girls aren't that bad after all.

"What do you think?" Minhee strolled out of her closet. Jungmee gazed up from her phone. Minhee wears a simple long sleeved black shirt with a high flower skirt that falls above her knees.
"I think you look super cute." Jungmee blurted. "It suits you quite well."
"You really think so?" Minhee raised an eyebrow. "I just don't want Jungkook to think I over exaggerated."
"No trust me you look casual but cute." Jungmee sat up from the bed. She walked toward her sister and grabbed her hand. "And now lets put on some basic makeup."
They walked hand in hand to Jungmee's room. Minhee isn't really a fan of makeup like Jungmee is. She had never worn her sister's makeup but there is always room for a first time.
"Okay." Jungmee stated as she opens up her makeup kits. Minhee slides into a small stool next to her sister's vanity set.
Jungmee spreads some BB cream on her sister's face and smooths it around with a sponge. She then proceeds with a light pink glittery palette and spread it around on her sister's eyelids.
"Please don't put eyeliner on me!" Minhee stated.
"Why not?" Jungmee furrowed her eyebrows.
"Because I just don't want Jungkook to think I am trying to hard." Minhee let out a small chuckle.
"Fine." Jungmee smiled back.

"Okay." I think we are all set." Jungmee stepped away from her sister. "Look. What do you think?"
Minhee turned to her reflection on the mirror. She couldn't believe it was her.
"Woah." Was all she managed to say.
"I know." Jungmee crossed her arms. "I'm a genius."
"Thank you so much." Minhee touched the soft curls her sister made. "How did you make this waterfall braid? I've always wanted to try it but never managed to make it so perfect."
"Youtube." Jungmee answered "It looks nice."
"No kidding." Minhee was still awe strucked.
"Come on lets get you going we don't want you to be late on your date!" Jungmee stated. She grabbed her sister's hand and they rushed to her room across the hallway.

"Do you have your phone?" Hoseok asked
"Yes." Minhee dug into her small purse and pulled it out.
"Do you have money?" Hoseok asked again.
"Yes." Minhee chuckled.
"Do you like Jungkook?" Hoseok's eyebrows moved up and down.
"Hoseok!" Yoongi exclaimed as he walked passed them "Don't ask such a personal question!"
"What? I just want to know!" Hoseok barked back.
"Let her go to the date." Yoongi stated from the hallway.
"I think I should get going!" Minhee pointed out.
"Okay then take care! And don't kiss!" Hoseok declared "No kissing."
Jungmee turned to Hoseok and glared at him. "Have fun!" She grinned at her sister before Minhee stepped out of the house.

Minhee walked slowly down the pavement and she reached her final destination. She was wearing a fancy pink coat and holding tightly to her small purse. She felt her stomach tense up. She and Jungkook been talking for a while. She got to know a little about him but why was she so nervous? Maybe it was because it was her first date in a while. Maybe because she didn't want to her friendship with him to be ruined. She didn't know.
She reached the small park just around the corner of Myeongdong. She noticed a familiar figure standing back with his head hanged low. She quickened her pace to get to him. The closer she got, the faster her heart beat. Jungkook turned to her and his gaze fell immediately on her. He stood up from the bench and met her half way.
"Minhee." He smiled "I am so glad you came."
Minhee nodded her head. She was out of words. Jungkook looked really handsome today. "Of course I would come."
"Thank you." He stated back.
They stood in the middle of the crowd and exchanged glances for a couple of minutes.
After a while Minhee finally cleared . "Where to?"
"Oh yeah." Jungkook coughed "Lets explore this place yeah?"
"Like eat?" Minhee smiled
"Or lets go to to aquarium?" He smiled back at her.
"Mmmmm." Minhee hummed.
Jungkook pulled out two tickets from his coat's pocket and flashed them in front of Minhee. "You bought tickets?" Minhee raised an eyebrow.
"Yes." He nodded.
"I haven't been to the aquarium since..." A lump rised in the back of Minhee's throat. She bite the inside of her cheek.
"Since when?" Jungkook tilted his head to the side.
"Since my mom." She managed. Barely. Her voice sounds small, scared. "Died."
"Oh." The smile across Jungkook's smile disappeared. "If you don't want to go, I can get a refund."
She took a deep breathe and shook her head. "No it's okay. Lets go."
"Are you sure?" Jungkook asked concerned.
"Yes." Minhee forced a smile. She tugged on his shoulder and they proceeded down the street to get to the aquarium.

"Wow." Minhee gazed around amazed. "It looks so different!"
Jungkook smiled as he put the tickets away in his pocket. "You like it?"
"I love it!" Minhee chuckled "I have always had this connection to the ocean. I really love it. My sister has a fear of it while I love it. I enjoy swimming and snorkeling in the ocean. It's just so beautiful and it creatures."
Jungkook listened to Minhee carefully. He loved that she was sharing small facts about her personal life. He wanted to share his as well.
"What about you?" Minhee asked bringing Jungkook back from his thoughts.
"What about me?" Jungkook was confused.
"Do you also like the ocean?" She repeated once more.
"Yes I do." Jungkook answered "My favorite creature is the whale."
"Ahh. Did you know that when a whale farts its bubbles are large enough to enclose a horse?" Minhee stated as she looked at Jungkook with a serious expression.
Jungkook's eyes widened. He had never heard Minhee say something so odd. He let out a heartfelt laugh.
"What?" Minhee asked seriously. "What's so funny?"
Jungkook once again turned to her and when he stared into her eyes he bursted out into laughter. "I am sorry." He took a deep breath "You are just so random."
Minhee rolled her eyes and smiled. "Come on lets walk in there!" She pointed to the large fish walk in.
Jungkook inhaled deeply and followed the petite girl from behind.
As they walked into the large fish section Jungkook couldn't help but glance at Minhee. Her lips formed a bright smile as the fish passed by. She would occasionally whisper "oooo" and "awwhh".
He loved the way her black hair fell down her shoulders and reached her back. He loved the way she styled it into small curls at the end. He loved the way her cheeks were slightly pink most of the time. Today they were crimson red. Her cute little nose was a bit red and occasionally she would sniff as if she had been crying.
He loved that fleck of spark he saw in her eyes but at the same time he saw the darkness that had engulfed her life.

Please log in to read the full chapter