Chapter 56

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 56: 

Jungkook, Taehyung and Hoseok watch in silence as the girls are taken in away in the ambulance. Red and blue lights flash around them and they listen to the sirens of the ambulance go off as they disppear down the street. 

Jin and Jimin emerge from the dark shadows of the building. Their outfits covered it the girls' blood. 

"What happened?" Hoseok manages to speak up. He looks at Seokjin and then at Jimin. 

"Jungmee was shot." Seokjin begins. "She was shot on her stomach area."

Taehyung's mind freezes as he remembers when he stabbed his step-father in a similar area. Oh how things have taken a toll. He wonders to himself. 

"What about Minhee?" Hoseok asks once again as he furrows his eyebrows in stress. 

"Severely stabbed many times." Jimin answers. "She wasn't conscious when I approached her." 

Suddenly Yoongi and Namjoon walk out the same building with stoic expressions, keeping their eyes on the ground. 

Seokjin stares angrily at the boys. He is filled with rage, anger and sadness all at once, that he feels if he talks there is no say on what will come out of him. 

"We should get going." Jungkook heaves as he tries to break the dead and painfully awkward silence in between the seven of them. How has everything turned out like this? He wonders to himself. They were all once super close friends and now are distant strangers. 

Hoseok drives Yoongi's car to the hospital while Yoongi and Namjoon sit in the back seat lost in their own thoughts. Seokjin, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook all get a ride from Seokjin. The drive to the hospital is painful and horrendous to the seven boys. 

"We are here from Lee Minhee and Lee Jungmee." Seokjin states as he stands by the front desk. The nurse looks up the information about the girls in the computer. Her gaze lands on the dried up blood on Seokjin's white long sleeved dress shirt. 

"They are in intense care." The nurse states. 

"How long?" Seokjin voice raises up. 

"I am not sure." The nurse looks over at him making eye contact. "I will inform you as soon as I get more information. Please go sit down." 

"Thank you." Seokjin bows before strolling back to his friends. He takes a seat next to Jungkook, whom keeps his eyes on the ground. 

"How long has it been?" Hoseok states. He looks up at the clock on the wall. It reads 8:27 pm. The boys stay in silence for a while engrossed in their own thoughts and worries.

They don't notice when the doctor walks out the long corridor doors. "Lee Minhee and Lee Jungmee." 

Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon immediately jump of their seats and they walk up to the doctor. 

"Yes we are their brothers." Hoseoks explains. Taehyung, Jimin, Seokjin and Jungkook stand close enough to hear what the doctor will say. 

The doctor looks down at his clipboard. "They are both breathing. We were able to get a pulse. However, Minhee hasn't woken, she has a few broken ribs but also has broken her left arm."

"Anything else?" Namjoon asks anxiously. 

"I am afraid she is in a state like coma." The doctor informs more. "Because of the head injuries her brain swelled up. When the brain swells as a result of trauma, the fluid pushes up against the skull. The swelling may eventually cause the brain to push down on the brain stem, which can damage her Reticular Activating System which is a part of the brain that's responsible for arousal and awareness." 

"So there is no say on when she will wake up?" Hoseok asks. 

"No." The doctor shakes his head. "As for now we will put a cast on her arm. If she wakes up we will try to do an invasive treatment such as a bone fracture repair. Bone fracture repair is a sugery to fix a broken bone using metal screws, pins, rods, or plates to hold the bone in place."

"How come she doesn't get surgery now?" Namjoon asks. 

"We are afraid that if we do the bone fracture repair, she might end up passing away because of the deep coma like state she is in. If we try doing the surgery she might end up passing away."

Jimin's gaze drops down to the floor as tears well up in his eyes. How could this be happening to her? On the day of their graduation. He thinks to himself. 

"Jungmee is going to have surgery." The doctor flips to the next page. "She needs intense care for the shot that went through her left kidney." 

"Will she survive?" Seokjin asks as he pushes through the boys.

"It's difficult to say." The doctor informs. "She is getting blood transfusions as well and we have started on the surgery." 

"Please save them." Hoseok pleads as tears begin to roll down his eyes. "Please save them, they are my little sisters." 

"Yes." The doctor states. "We will do as much as we can." He bows at the boys before walking away. 

The boys stare at eachother and sigh. 

Yoongi stares at the wall infront of him lost in his own deep thoughts. He should have sent protection for them. He should have told Seokjin to stay with them. If he hadn't all of this wouldn't be happening. He truly regrets all the pain and suffering he had put the girls through. 

"Where are you going?" Seokjin asks as he sees Yoongi walk towards the exit. 

"I need some space." Yoongi states before exiting into the dark. 

"I guess Namjoon and I will stay until we hear something." Hoseok suggests looking at all the boys. 

"Nope." Taehyung shakes his head. "The girls are very important to us, we are not leaving until we find out they are okay." 

"But you boys need to rest." Hoseok articulates. "If the girls wake up, I will make sure we will call you." 

"We promise." Namjoon smiles faintly at the boys, he himself is in pain after witnessing the state both girls were in. 

Seokjin nods. He offers the three younger boys a ride back to their homes. The boys agree and inform the others that they will come back early in the morning to see if any of the girls have awaken. They bid a goodbye and walk out the doors into the dark night. 

Namjoon and Hoseok sit patiently in the waiting room until two in the morning. 

"Has Yoongi answered you?" Hoseok asks impatiently, biting his nails. 

"No." Namjoon groans and ruffles his hair in annoyance. He looks down at his phone and ends the call with Yoongi the moment it sends him to his voicemail. "Where could he be?" 

"Hard to tell " Hoseok states in between a small whisper. He worries for his brother. He is afraid that Yoongi might do anything illegal or even hurt someone in the process. 

A nurse quickly walks up to the boys with two pillows and some white blankets. "Minhee is resting in her room. You boys can go in there and rest. We have put two recliners for you two to sleep in." 

"Really? Is sh

Please log in to read the full chapter