Chapter 13

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 13:

Minhee rose up from her bed. It was chilly in her room. She realized she left the window open all night. She propped up and slowly moves from her bed. Her small delicate feet touched the cold wooden floor. With light steps, she walked into her bathroom and took a warm shower that would help her wake up from her slumbers.
In the kitchen, Jungmee was preparing their breakfast.
"Good morning sweetie." Her step-mother marched towards Jungmee and planted a light kiss on her forehead.
"Morning." Jungmee felt happy. She talked all night with Seokjin about their favorite things after he left to go home. She learned more about him but she didn't dare ask about his father. She didn't know how to approach him with such personal questions.
"How are you feeling?" Mrs. Jung gently brushed her hand against Jungmee's bruise on her forehead.
"I am feeling better." She smiled.
"I am worried about you two. After Hoseok told me everything last night I decided I am going to take you two to the doctor's office for a check-up." Mrs. Jung kept gazing at the wound. "And we will also call your father."
Jungmee nodded her head. "I understand."
Yoongi walked into the kitchen. His eyebrows raised. His mother was being very motherly. He didn't like that she would spend so much time with the girls. He hated that.
Mrs. Jung turned. "Good morning Yoongi!" She said with her cheerful voice.
"Morning," Yoongi mumbled. He looked for some granola bars in the cabinets. Jungmee just watched as her older brother glared at her. She hardly talked to him but she found his personality irritating which is why she kept her distance.
"You girls got invited to prom right?" Mrs. Jung asked
"Yeah." Jungmee nodded "On Thursday."
"You girls need to go to the mall?" Yoongi slammed the cabinet door making his mother jump a little.
"Yeah. It is good." Jungmee turned to stare at Yoongi who was scowling silently. He had a blank expression and was starring directly at her.
"I will take you, girls, around noon." Mrs. Jung analyzed her phone. "Yoongi would you like to accompany the girls?"
"No," Yoongi stated coldly and faster than lightning striking earth.
"Okay then." Mrs. Jung raised her eyebrows. "I am going to be in the office upstairs working on some paperwork. If you guys need anything please tell me okay?"
Jungmee nodded in understand meant. Yoongi continued chewing on his granola silently. Mrs. Jung walked out of the room to her office. Jungmee let out a small breath and went back to making her breakfast. She ignored Yoongi.
Yoongi and Jungmee hardly talked. She hardly acknowledged his presence. She knew that he didn't like Minhee and her. So why would she try to get to know him? Or get close to him? There was no point for her.
Yoongi marched back to the living room. He the tv and put the volume high up.
A few moments later Minhee walked in. She was wearing her favorite hoodie and shoes. She felt that today was going to be a good day.
"Hey, Minhee." Jungmee greeted as she placed the breakfast on the table.
"Morning." Minhee smiled.
"How are you feeling?" Jungmee asked worriedly.
"I am doing great," Minhee replied.
"That is good." Jungmee sat across the table from Minhee. "Mom is taking us for a checkup sometime next week. She is worried and wants to make sure everything is okay."
Minhee nodded her head and took a sip of her orange juice. "I understand."
Jungmee turned her attention away from her quiet sister and looked down at her phone. She let out a long sigh. No Seokjin message. Maybe he went to sleep? She turned her phone off and placed it back inside her pocket.
"This is good." Minhee worded with full of food. "I love it!"
Jungmee let out a small chuckle. Her sister is so cute. Well, she always was the cuter one.
She was always the one that would get heart-shaped cookies on Valentine's. She remembers back in 3rd grade she was crying in the playground because a girl stole her candy. Minhee came up to her and shared her big candy bar. Then she went in search of that girl and beat her up.
"Mom is taking us to the mall in a couple of hours to search for our prom dresses," Jungmee stated coming back from her own thoughts.
"Sounds cool." Minhee nodded and continued munching on her breakfast. "Aren't you going to eat?"
Jungmee shook her head. "I already ate breakfast."

"You girls ready?" Mrs. Jung shouted from the bottom of the stairs.
Yoongi rolled his eyes from the living room. He put on his headphones to flush the voices away. The girls bolted from their rooms, downstairs. Mrs. Jung just watched and flung open the front door.
Minhee and Jungmee raced to the car. Mrs. Jung followed from behind.
Yoongi stood up from the couch and watched as his mother drove away from the parkway and out the house gates into the street. The car disappeared in the distance.

"Do you girls have money?" Mrs. Jung rummaged through her wallet. "If you girls need money tell me."
"I have money." Jungmee patted her purse.
"I do too." Minhee smiled
Mrs. Jung got out extra cash. "Here girls buy something nice."
Jungmee and Minhee bowed. "Thank you."
"Okay so at 4:00 pm I will be at the food court waiting for you girls. I am going to go out and run a few errands for your father. I will be back around 4 pm to eat okay?" Mrs. Jung looked at the girls. "I will text you when I arrive."
"Okay." Jungmee reached inside her purse and her phone.
Minhee looked around the food court and noticed a few girls from school eating. She looked away rapidly. "Yes, mom."
Mrs. Jung smiled warmly. "I will see you, girls, later." She waved at them and strolled back to the front doors.
Minhee and Jungmee watched and then turned back.
"Come on lets go." Minhee tugged on her sister's sleeve
"Why?" Jungmee raised her eyebrow.
"Because I" Her voice trailed off as she made eye contact with the girls from school "We need to look at every shop in the mall!"
"Okay?" Jungmee chuckled confused "Odd child."
Minhee continued tugging her sister until they disappeared out of the other girl's sight.

"Jimin Oppa!" The younger girl let out. Jimin continued kissing her neck.
"Shut up." He whispered between the kisses.
"I don't want to get caught!" She pushed him away.
"We won't get caught, babe." Jimin pressed his plumpy lips against hers.
She let out a small chuckle.
"How did you escape your house huh?" Jimin asked cutely
The girl let out a laugh. "I told my mother I was going to the library to study with my friends." The girl answered innocently "She actually believed it."
Jimin smirked and ran his fingers through her hair. "You are so hot Daeyeon." He placed another kiss on her neck.
"Hey!" Daeyeon said, her voice rising to a squeak. "You better not leave a mark."
"So? You can always wear makeup." Jimin stated coldly. He continued dominating.
"Hey we have been sitting here for the last 30 minutes can we just get out of here?" Daeyeon pushed him away. She sat up and fixed her messy hair. Jimin ran his fingers through his hair. The girl applied a thick lipstick on her lips once more. She looked at herself in the small compact mirror she carried. "They're much better."
Jimin just glared at her. He didn't understand why out of all girls he decided to make out with this one. She was in the same grade as him. He knew she had a crush on him for such a long time. She acted innocent in front of her parents, teachers, and friends. But she was just another desperate girl.
"Lets go?" She turned to Jimin.
He nodded. She flung the curtain open of the photo booth.
"Oppa" Daeyeon raised her voice "Lets go walk around the mall. I want to buy makeup and other stuff."
Jimin nodded. He walked side to side with her. And didn't utter a single word.
They walked into a makeup store. Dayeon immediately forgot about Jimin's presence and bolted for the lipstick aisle. She kept trying on lipsticks of all shades. Jimin sat at a stool and stared at every girl that walked in there. He would send them a flirtatious smile causing them to blush.
Daeyeon on the other hand was too busy trying out fragrances at the back of the store. And she sort of forgot about Jimin.
At the same time, Minhee and Jungmee strolled casually past the makeup store. The girls looked past the window. Jungmee exchanged glances with Minhee pointing to something on the display window. Minhee scrunched up her nose and shook her head. They continued walking to find other shops.
Jimin gazed up and noticed Minhee. His eyes widened. He knew it was Minhee. He knew it was her long black hair that flowed down her back. He could tell by the way her hips shifted and her small light walk. And he could tell Jungmee just by the dark-colored clothes she always wore.
Jimin looked towards the back of the store. Daeyeon was talking to a worker. And smelling some perfume. He stood up from his chair and bolted out the door. He skimmed around and found Jungmee and Minhee inside a store. He decided to sit out on a bench and watch Minhee.

"Minhee what about this one?" Jungmee pulled a pink dress from the hangers.
"Not too girly." Minhee shook her head. "I don't want pink or purple."
"What color do you want?" Jungmee asked looking through the dresses.
"I want aquamarine!" She clapped her hands together.
Jungmee nodded her head in agreement. "Short or long?"
"Long. I don't want to look like I came out of a club." Minhee chuckled.
"Makes sense!" Jungmee shouted across the room. They continued searching for the perfect dress.
"Jungmee I think I found it!" Minhee exclaimed walking towards her sister. "Look!"
It was long flowy and had a few rhinestones on the chest area. And it was aquamarine.
"Go try it on!" Jungmee pushed her sister towards the dressing area. Jungmee sat down on a small stool and played with her phone.
"Jungmee?" Minhee voiced out.
"Yeah?" Jungmee asked
"It's the one. Definitely the one!"  Minhee pushed the curtain open revealing her small petite figure in a beautiful dress. "What do you think?"
Jungmee gazed up from her phone. "Aquamarine is your color!" She smiled. "Definitely your color." 
"You think so?" Minhee scrunched up her nose.
Jungmee nodded her head.
Minhee grinned widely. "I am taking this one then." She turned back and closed the curtain.

Jimin watched as the girls paid for a dress. He stood up and hid behind a vending machine and pretended to get something out the vending machine.
He watched as the girls strolled out of the store. He followed from behind but kept a distance.
"How about that store?" Minhee pointed to a store with short dresses.
"Ew no too short." Jungmee stuck her tongue out. "I want something dark."
"Black? A black dress?" Minhee raised her eyebrow "You going to a funeral or something?"
"No not black." Jungmee playfully pushed her sister. "I want maroon!"
"Okay," Minhee exclaimed.
They walked past a darker-colored store.
"I am going to check this one." Jungmee gazed inside. "You coming?"
Mi

Please log in to read the full chapter