Sixth Move - Invisible Ink

Chess Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as Eunhyuk got upstairs he went straight to his partner’s desk. But this one stopped him before he could open his mouth.

“Your fiancé his here.”

Eunhyuk turned around to see Boa, in her red tailor, coming into the precinct. With a smile he went to greet her.

“Hey you, what are you doing here?”

“I came to drop a file.” the woman told him.

Wanting to escape his partner and other colleagues’ inquisitor eyes, Eunhyuk accompanied the young woman outside. Because even if it wasn’t a secret that they were both dating, Eunhyuk liked to keep his personal life separated from his work one. But from the corner of the eye he saw Donghae leaving. Where was he going so early? Deciding it didn’t matter he focused on his girlfriend.
Once outside, with no one around, he relaxed and put a hand around her waist.

“It’s always a pleasure to see you.” he told her.

“So how did your meeting go the other morning?”

Eunhyuk sighed.

“We are pretty sure it’s him…”

“So it’s starting again.” she said, frowning.

“It won’t be like before. This time I’ll catch him, for sure.”

Boa put her arms around his neck and hugged him slightly.

“I’m sure you will... So, see you later, my place?”

“Tonight I can’t… I promised Sungmin we would go out for drinks.”

“Again?” the woman frowned. “Alright… Tomorrow I have a trial so let’s say on Friday?”

“Friday it is.”

He pecked her lips and Boa took her leave. Eunhyuk felt bad lying to her like that but he had something important to do tonight and it was better if a prosecutor didn’t know about it…

***

As soon as she left, the detective came back to his partner’s desk. There was no time left to lose.

“Min, I think I found something, let’s go.” he whispered in hopes no one else would hear.

“Go where? Where were you by the way?”

“We have to go back to the crime scene.”

“But it’s been cleared out; we can’t just barge into other people’s house and ask to look at the crime scene again.”

“We’ll figure out something.”

Sungmin sighed, already knowing that his partner was leading him to trouble.

“Alright… Let’s go.”

They were going to exit the precinct when suddenly Henry appeared before them.

“Oh sunbae! I just wrote a report I wanted your opinion on it.”

“Sorry Henry but we can’t right now.” Eunhyuk said in a hurry to get rid of the kid.

 “Are you going somewhere?”

He didn’t have time to deal with him right now. And especially he couldn’t tell him the truth because even if Henry was a good kid he also was a blabbermouth… but that could actually be useful, since he liked Eunhyuk so much. The thin detective put a hand around the youngest shoulders and brought him closer.

“We have a super important thing to do, concerning the Checkmate’s killer case.”

Sungmin threw him a surprised look asking what the hell he was doing, but he just ignored it.

“Oh really?! Can I be of any help?”

“You can actually. If Heechul, Hangeng or Kangin ask where we went tell them we are at Junsu’s bar.”

“I have to lie to our boss?” Henry asked, suddenly hesitating.

“No, no! I would never ask you to lie to our boss. We are really going to the bar after we check out something, so you’re just omitting something?”

The boy seemed reassured with that and suddenly looked proud to be able to help his elder. He made a quick salute.

“You can count on me sunbae!”

“That’s my Henry!” Eunhyuk said, giving him a friendly slap on the back.

“We are counting on you! Cover for us well, all right?” Sungmin added, before they went away.

After a few minutes they were back at the house. Now it was the tricky part. They had to ask the owner’s permission to go in and have a look around again. They rang the bell but no answer. They rang it again, but still nothing.

“They probably decided to sleep elsewhere until the crime scene is clean; I wouldn’t stay in a house that had a dead body either.” Sungmin said.

That was bett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter