Thirtieth Move - At Close Range

Chess Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day Eunhyuk woke up more tired than the day before, as if sleeping for almost 16 hours now, wasn’t enough. His body was stiff and ached all over like if he had been run over by a truck. in pain, Eunhyuk turned around in his bed to find Donghae still lying next to him. He was surprised to find the brunet still here, but was also happy, their kiss from yesterday being very fresh in his mind and lips. The thin man smiled, enjoying the adorable view of the other sleeping. But even if indeed he was cute, he didn’t seem peaceful, as he was frowning in his sleep. Eunhyuk put a hand on his forehead, and immediately the brunet’s body relaxed under his touch, as if he sensed him and that he was safe. But the frown didn’t leave his face. Now the man was uttering incomprehensible words. He suddenly seemed in so much pain that Eunhyuk couldn’t bear it and shook him slightly. Donghae woke up in a jerk, surprising the detective.

“Hae, are you ok?”

The man needed a moment to get out of the sleepiness and situate where he was, then his eyes focused on Eunhyuk.

“I… hum… I’m alright.”

“I think you were having a nightmare?”

“A dream actually.” the brunet clarified. “I think it has something to do with my past but I’m not sure if it’s a dream or a memory…”

“Wanna talk about it?”

Donghae turned to him and smiled suddenly at ease.

“I’ll tell you when I have more than a few flashes of dream.”

They agreed silently. Donghae then leaned forward and smirked, almost brushing his lips against Eunhyuk’s.

“And where is my morning kiss?”

“Oh my god!” Eunhyuk laughed. “I should’ve known that you’re the fluffy type.”

Donghae pouted so cutely that Eunhyuk couldn’t help it and pecked his lips, with most pleasure. The brunet had a triumphant smile on his lips, which made Eunhyuk’s heart miss a beat.

“You’re stuck with me now, Lee Hyukjae.”

“I guess I am.”

“Do you regret it?” he asked, suddenly losing his smile.

 Eunhyuk understood the other’s concern, but he thought it would be fun to a little bit.

“Which part exactly?”

“Well… you’re straight.”

“So are you. At least I thought you were…”

“True…”

Donghae was now nervously playing with his hands, like he always did when he was uncomfortable about something. It was just too easy to pick on him, and Eunhyuk couldn’t take the cuteness the man was overflowing with. Eunhyuk lost his smile.

“I actually regret a lot of things… especially this past week.”

Donghae opened his mouth to say something but Eunhyuk interrupted him with another peck on the lips.

“But the thing I will not regret is this, right now. I don’t regret being with you and will not in the future. I can’t really explain it but it just feels…”

“Right.” Donghae completed his sentence.

Eunhyuk nodded, smiling.

“It’s like a piece that came into the right place.”

“I guess we do fit each other don’t we?”

The thin man provokingly leaned over, kissing the brunet’s neck.

“You have no idea how much I want to confirm that right now…”

Donghae had a huge shiver that shook his whole body. Eunhyuk was being way too hot and provocative for his nerves right now. The thin man continued.

“But…”

“But?”

“I’m starving! Let’s eat something.”

The brunet let out a laugh, shaking his head.

“You sure do know how to frustrate someone.”

“That’s one of my many charms.”

They got up and after a long shower, and lending his clothes to Donghae, they finally were ready to eat.

“Look at the time, it’s almost 5pm! We slept through the whole day!”

“You should call your brother.” Eunhyuk said. “In the meantime I’ll order something in.”

Donghae grabbed his partner’s collar and plastered a kiss on his lips, never getting enough of it.

“You’re the best.

Then he took his cellphone and stayed in Eunhyuk’s bedroom for privacy. He felt a bit guilty he was so caught up in Eunhyuk that he kind of forgot about his brother’s situation for a minute. Not even after 3 rings Donghwa picked up.

“Are you alright?” his brother asked immediately, worried.

“I’m fine, hyung, I’m at Eunhyuk’s that’s why I didn’t come home.”

“Thank god…! After everything I kind of panicked when I didn’t see you home.”

“Sorry about that…”

His brother’s voice became softer.

“It’s alright, I get it.”

“Get what?” asked Donghae.

“I saw how you looked at that detective guy, and he is hot!”

“Hyung!”

Donghae couldn’t help but blush all the way to his ears, dying of embarrassment.

“You can’t lie to your big brother, I know you too well. So?”

“So what?”

“Are you guys like, a thing?

“It is way too embarrassing to be talking about that with you, no way!”

Donghwa laughed on the other side of the wire.

“Alright, alright, but no need to come home just yet. Enjoy your free time with your partner.”

 And then he laughed again, having a blast in teasing his little brother. Donghae shook his head. He had ever seen his brother act like that, but at the same time it was the first time Hae had anyone in his life, so it was the first time Donghwa could act like this. But he was having a bit too much fun for the brunet’s taste. Although the conversation was light and enjoyable, the brunet didn’t forget why he called in the first place.

“How did it go back at the precinct?”

He could almost see his brother losing his smile and becoming serious.

“I told them everything I knew, and then they let me go.”

“They think Siwon is the Classic killer don’t they?”

He didn’t even have to answer that, it was pretty obvious how their colleagues were thinking. And his brother was too much into this whole mess not to know who the Classic killer was. Even if they had just left town at that time, Donghwa had already heard about that killer a lot from Donghae, to know what he was capable of.

“I can’t really believe that.” Donghwa said, fiercely. “I refuse to believe that.”

“I know, hyung… I don’t want to believe it either.”

“Leeteuk-shii told me there’s another theory going around though…”

“Which is?”

“If Siwon isn’t the Classic killer, then he was probably kidnapped by him. Because there’s no reason for him to have disappeared like that.”

Donghae nodded, even if his brother couldn’t see. He had thought about that possibility too. There was no reason for his disappearance indeed, especially after running away with the killer’s case files, and just after Henry was about to bust who the Classic killer is.

“I don’t know which one scares me the most.” Donghwa said. “To think that Siwon is a bloody psychopath or to think that he is being held by one.”

That was indeed a scary thought. Donghae and his brother chatted a bit more, and they agreed Donghae could spend some more time at Eunhyuk’s and that he would come back after a few days. They bid goodbye and the brunet went back to the living room just in time for the food to arrive.

“Fried chicken? Why doesn’t that surprise me?”

“I’ve been craving for it for days!” Eunhyuk defended himself.

He grabbed two glasses to pour their soda in and placed the food on the living room’s table. Donghae didn’t even ask why they were not eating on the dining table, guessing the detective was more used to the ground.

“So? How’s your brother?”

Donghae noticed immediately that Eunhyuk purposely didn’t ask about Siwon or the case, even if the brunet didn’t doubt the detective’s sincere interest for Donghwa’s well-being, he knew it was just a way to ask about the case smoothly.

“He is fine. And no they don’t know anything more about Siwon for now.”

Eunhyuk smiled at him, understanding he was busted. But talking about Siwon didn’t seem to spoil the detective’s mood and he started happily eating. Eunhyuk was strangely cheerful, a side Donghae never thought he would see in the detective. But it was a new side of him that the brunet wouldn’t complain about. He was even more attractive like this.

 “So are you staying?” Eunhyuk asked.

“If you’ll have me.”

“I’ll have you anytime Lee Donghae.”

Donghae’s laugh got stuck in his throat as he was shocked at the same time he was amused. It was the second time Eunhyuk made a joke about having with Donghae, and he could only find it cute how eager the other was. Maybe, just maybe, it meant that he had been thinking about it for as long as Donghae? The brunet still couldn’t wrap his mind around the fact that their affinity was mutual.

“How is your wound by the way?

 “Muc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter