Twenty-first Move - Slippery Witness

Chess Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunhyuk immediately recognize the voice.

There in front of him was Kyuhyun, and behind him Hangeng, Henry and Kangin. Henry came immediately untie him and as soon as he was free Eunhyuk wanted to run outside to see Donghae. But he was in a worse state that he thought and his head started spinning again, making him stumble. Henry helped to support him.

“Where is Hae? You have to find him he was taken!” he hastened to say.

“Don’t worry he is fine.” said Heechul coming in.

The man indeed came into the room accompanied by the brunet. Seeing his unharmed face, Eunhyuk let out a long sigh.

“Are you alright?” he asked him.

“I am, don’t worry, they didn’t touch me.”

Again Eunhyuk sighed, relieved. Now that he knew that Donghae was fine he could focus on their rescue. He stood on his two feet letting go of Henry and turned to his colleagues; he didn’t know where to start.

“What are you guys doing here? Why? How?”

“Your police badge.” Kyuhyun explained, with a proud smirk. “After everything that happened I put a tracking device in it, so if there were any problems we would know.”

“It was because of Hangeng that we could save you.” Heechul spitted. “You told him that you would check something out but hours later you still hadn’t come back.”

Eunhyuk blinked a few times, confused. Heechul hadn’t said that with his usual disdain and hate, but instead, it seemed more like a reproach.

“Kim Heechul, if I didn’t know you better I would say that you’re actually worried about me.” Eunhyuk said, jokingly.

The platinum blond’s eyes widened and he turned around before they could see him blush.

“In your dreams, you monkey face!”

Then he exited the room. What the hell was that?! Heechul concerned? Was the apocalypse near or somehting?  Telling Kangin that he was going back to take care of the rest of the thugs, Hangeng followed his partner. Before he could leave, Donghae yelled at him.

“Thanks.”

It should’ve been Eunhyuk to say that… he was grateful the brunet did instead of him.  He indeed owed him one now. Hangeng did a dismissive move of the hand and went out.

“Are you kids alright?” Kangin asked. “Hyuk, you look terrible.”

“Yeah, sunbae, are you going to be ok?” Henry asked, worried.

The detective finally turned to the boy. In his eyes, he could see that he was really truly concerned. Wanting to a bit, Eunhyuk frowned and said falsely angry.

“Didn’t I tell you to go home and rest?”

The young man seemed confused.

“But… I thought that maybe… you needed help.”

Eunhyuk smiled. His affection for that kid was growing as time passed. He ruffled his hair affectionately.

“Thanks, I owe you.”

“Hey! I’m the one who found you guys!” Kyuhyun protested.

“We actually were about to get away, we were just waiting for the right time.” Eunhyuk lied, just to tease the hacker.

“Right…” Kyuhyun said doubtfully. “I’m sure you two love birds were just enjoying some time alone.”

Eunhyuk should’ve said something back but he didn’t because the image of holding Donghae’s hand came back to mind. And seeing how the brunet was blushing, he must’ve thought about the same thing. It was Kangin that came behind Kyuhyun and hit him behind the head.

“Do they seem to have been enjoying themselves?!”

Kyuhyun muttered some insults, before leaving the room too.

“Did you catch Lu Hyo?” Eunhyuk finally asked.

“Yup, he is in custody. But seriously, Hyuk, you should go to a hospital, your wounds look deep.”

“I’m fine. There’s something more important...” he turned to his partner. “Show him the containers.”

Donghae nodded and they all went outside to finally save those poor women.

***

 In the end everything ended well, they were able to save 3 containers full of women and Lu Hyo and his men were arrested. Now it was a matter of helping relocate those women, most of them being Chinese. And most important, interrogate Lu Hyo and the others to be able to go up in the ranks and make the while organization fall. But making the mobsters talk would not be easy.

They all went back to the precinct, and it was only then that Eunhyuk finally started feeling tired. Between the lack of sleep, being kidnapped, being hit and the stress of the case and all the rest of his messy life, he seriously started feeling his nerves cracking. In less than 3 hours he had aged at least 10 years! That’s how his body felt at least, every bone in his body screamed to rest.

Walking on his way to the interrogation room with Kangin, Eunhyuk was remembering what happened earlier.

“Did you see how Heechul treated me?” he commented, still dumbfounded.

“You know, he doesn’t express himself well, but deep down he likes you.” Kangin assured.

“What?!”

“He admires your guts.”

“I thought that it was exactly what he hated in me.”

Kangin let out a good honest laugh and hit him on the back affectionately.

“You drive everyone nuts but we still love you.”

That sure was sweet! Anyway, now that he thought about that, since they arrived, because Eunhyuk had been too focused on everything else, he had lost sight of Donghae. He was ready to follow Kangin into the room when suddenly the brunet grabbed his arm and turned him around.

“Let them do the interrogation come with me.”

Because Eunhyuk must’ve been looking at him surprised the brunet explained himself.

“I know you don’t wanna go to the hospital but at least let’s clean you up, you’re scaring the people around you.”

Eunhyuk couldn’t help but smile, he felt so crappy that he accepted. Being led by the hand, the detective let himself at the mercy of Donghae, who pulled him to the toilets. And he couldn’t care less if others could see them hand in hand; he just wanted to enjoy feeling as safe and comfortable as he was right now. In the bathroom, he could finally see his face on the mirror and they were right, he looked like crap.

“Sit down, I’ll clean your wounds.” Donghae commanded.

Apparently he had already anticipated it, since next to the sink were a box of first kit aid and a towel. Obediently, the detective sat on the sink and let Donghae care for him. He cleaned his bloody wrists, and then his face. While he did, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter