Tenth Move - A Heart to Hurt Talk

Chess Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as he arrived home, he knew there was someone, and he could already guess who it was. Turning the lights of the living room on, he smiled wildly at the man sitting on his armchair.

“Hello hyung, long time no see.”

The man in the armchair glared at him with cold eyes and that only made him smile even more. He was sure that he was the only one in this world to have ever seen this expression… him and his victims of course.

“What can I do for you? Do you want something to drink?” he offered, with much natural.

 It’s not like he had a serial killer sitting in his living room… But he wasn’t scared, because he knew the other wouldn’t do anything to him.

“You know why I’m here.” the man said, frowning.

“Come on hyung, is that a way to greet each other when he haven’t see each other for so long?”

“I’m not in the mood for games!” he cut him. “You take everything as a joke and that’s exactly the problem.”

The youngest sighed and sat in front of the other. He was already dreading this conversation.

“Are you mad because of what happened with Hyukjae’s partner?”

“What’s wrong with you?! You attacked a police officer directly! Are you trying to get caught?”

He kept his head down while the other scolded him. He was the only person in the world who dared to speak like this to him, and he was the only one the younger would let.

“And what the hell are you doing leaving clues for that detective?”

“How do you know about that?”

“I know everything.” the man stood up from the arm chair and glared at him again. “Don’t forget who taught you everything. You should know by now that I know everything.”

That voice and those cold eyes would’ve given cold shivers to anyone, and he had to admit that even he could feel his pulse race a bit, but he wouldn’t let himself be impressed so easily.

“I’m sorry about it… I just want to help Hyukjae; he seems so lost… its so cute.” he giggled.

“This is not only about you! You gave him pictures of Sora’s crime…”

Immediately he lost his smile and his confidence. He only wanted to play around with Hyukjae, and for that he did a bold move. He never thought that his hyung would know about it… The other came closer to him and he did a huge effort to stay still, feeling a sudden urge to flee.

“You never think about the consequences do you?” he said with a mellow voice, but with much hidden treat. “That was always your problem… you think you’re smart with all your chess moves but in the end you’re setting a trap for yourself.”

It was his time to frown. He didn’t like how the other was talking to him, especially making him sound like an incompetent person. But before he could say anything the other continued.

“And your way of killing is getting out of control.”

“I’m only doing what you taught me.”

“I never taught you to kill innocent people!” he suddenly yelled. “I don’t do it for fun! I do it because I have to, and I’m helping people to be better…”

“You think leaving their organs outside hospitals for transplants is helping people? We actually kill people; do you understand what that means? There’s no place for compassion!”

He knew he should calm down, going head to head with the eldest wouldn’t lead him anywhere and would only make him get even angrier. It was dangerous.

“I’m not talking about compassion. I’m talking about you doing your job properly…”

“Like you did for Sora?”

The man moved so fast the youngest didn’t understand what was happening to him before finding himself pinned on the wall, the other’s elbow pressing his throat.

“Don’t you dare say that poor girl’s name!”

Now he could say it, he was really scared. It was the first time his mentor got so angry with him, and it was a first for him to see his killer side aimed towards him.

“Since when did you become so cocky with me? Did you forget who’s in charge here?”

“I’m sorry…” he managed to say through the pain.

After another dark glare, the oldest let go, the other coughing for air.

“Don’t ever forget who I am.”

“How could I?” he said, massaging his sore throat. “Not everyone has the privilege of knowing the Classic killer.”

That comment made the other smile, and he knew the dangerousness of the situation passed. He turned his back to the youngest and went to sit in the armchair again. Somehow he seemed to have calmed down.

“You should be more careful from now on. Stop playing cat and mouse with that detective. And don’t mingle me in your things.”

“Why? Are you scared of a little challenge, hyung?”

The other had an icy smile.

“I worked hard for the life I have now, and I won’t let you jeopardize it.”

And then the youngest saw an expression on the other’s face that made him feel like a prey, and he just hated that feeling. It was incredible how that person he had in front of him right now was different from the image he liked to show everyone every day.

“Let me tell you something, if you ever become a problem for me, I won’t hesitate… I’ll get rid of you.

A very clear threat. The youngest was wrong… He was scared and he had every reason to be. He just provoked a very dangerous person.

***

When he arrived at the room where Sungmin was supposed to be, he found him on the floor, unconscious. Without hesitation, Eunhyuk ran to his partner, calling his name over and over again. At the second he touched his body he felt something sticky and hot, and when he looked at his hand he could see blood on it. Not giving in into panic he checked his pulse and thank god he felt the small pulsations under his fingers. Without wasting time, he took out his cellphone and called an ambulance, and then he called Leeteuk to let him know the situation. At this point he didn’t care if he was going to be suspended anymore; all he cared about was to save his partner. And in this situation Leeteuk was the first one that came to mind, because Eunhyuk trusted him as much as he looked up to him, he would know what to do. When he hung up, Eunhyuk stayed powerless in font of Sungmin’s body, he had learned from the first aid classes that he shouldn’t move the person or it would worsen his condition.
Suddenly he noticed something written on the wall with the same red paint as before.

“Don’t disobey me.”

An order of someone who was in control. That put Eunhyuk in such a rage he started yelling and screaming infamies until he was short of breath. Then something occurred to him that maybe that sadistic son of a was still around, listening.

“You’re the one who killer Sora, aren’t you?!” He yelled. “You’re just messing with my head with your games and l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter