Thirty-fourth Move - Numbers

Chess Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae was back at the NP in a heartbeat. The precinct was empty, everyone being back home, at the exception of Kyuhyun of course, who didn’t seem to leave the NP much these days.

“What is it?” Donghae asked, coming behind Kyuhyun.

“Hey, you’re here! Look at this!” he pointed at the screen.

Donghae could see the exact same footage from earlier of Siwon disappearing in the alley. But he couldn’t see anything different.

“You made me come here to show me the exact same thing?”

“Of course not! Remember what Leeteuk-hyung said about him being in a hurry? Well I noticed something…”

The boy rewind the tape but this time played it slower, almost frame by frame, and Donghae also was able to notice something. Just before Siwon turned into the small street, he had an imperceptible movement towards the nearest trash can.

“Did he just drop something in there?!” Donghae exclaimed, barely believing his eyes.

“That’s what I think yeah.”

“You’re a genius!”

“You still had any doubts?”

Donghae smiled at the cockiness of his friend. But then something worried him… If indeed Siwon had dropped something in there, how could they be sure it was to help them? Maybe it was a trap… Maybe…

“It could be a bomb.” Donghae said. “Maybe the CK is monitoring it and as soon as we get close he’ll make it explode.”

“Wow, your paranoid reflexes are really something…” Kyuhyun frowned. “But you’re right… But maybe it’s something that could help us… it’s been sitting there for at least 12 hours, if we don’t do something then we could lose the lead.”

The young hacker was right. And it was now to Donghae to make a decision… If Siwon was really helping they couldn’t take the risk to lose it…

“Let’s go!”

***

A few minutes later, Donghae and Kyuhyun were pulling the car in a street near the trash can’s location. If they were discreet enough then maybe if the CK was monitoring he wouldn’t see them coming. Kyuhyun took out a small tablet from his backpack and quickly typed something on it.

“Ok all the cameras from the street are ours. If he put any other on his own then I can’t do anything about it. But we should be covered.”

Donghae took a deep inspiration and they left the car. Vigilant and extra careful, the brunet and the hacker approached their target. Donghae was very nervous in getting close to it; he didn’t want another tragedy to happen… especially since they were out here without any back up or telling anyone so… But then Kyuhyun surprised him again. From the same backpack earlier, the boy took out a stick long device, the ones security agents used to detect metal, but this one seemed slightly different. Seeing the surprised look on his face, Kyuhyun explained himself.

“It’s a detector; I modified it to find anything I set it to. And now it’s detecting any bomb material.” he said pointing the device to the trash can.

“I thought you found my bomb idea ridiculous?”

“Better be prepared than sorry.”

He approached the device that emitted a steady bip sound. They got closer and closer and finally he put away the device.

“All clear.”

Donghae put on his latex gloves and reassured he started searching inside the trash. Actually he had no idea what he was looking for. Normally they would head it back to the lab and Zhoumi would go through each piece carefully. But they didn’t have time to be careful. Finally he felt some sort of rock wrapped with a paper. No one would think about throwing a rock with the garbage.

“I think I got it.”

He took it out and opened the paper promptly. There was no doubt that it was Siwon’s message for them, the only problem was that he had no idea what it meant.  

“What is it?” asked Kyuhyun, curiously looking over his shoulder.

But soon he was frowning with Donghae. On the paper they could read numbers, a multitude of them.

“3 6 1 1 1 2 N 1 2 7 0 5 5 6 E… What the hell?”

He had no idea. But for now they had to get back to the precinct safely and most important, they should stay quiet about it. Because if the Classic killer had any way of having information from the police like the Checkmate did, then Siwon could be in danger.

“Let’s get back.” he said.

***

The next day Eunhyuk was back at the precinct, and as Heechul requested he was going to get Donghae. His poor analyst had stayed down the station after Kyuhyun’s phone call. The detective didn’t know what they had found but it was important enough for him to sleep down here. He on the other hand had already done what he had to, before leaving home he had called Donghwa to ask him if he could continue reviewing Changmin’s plea without him for today, which the man accepted. And then he had made a small detour to Starbucks to get something strong for both he and Donghae. They would need it. Eunhyuk opened the door to the NP and found Donghae and Kyuhyun passed out in front of the computer. A part from them the room was empty, even if Eunhyuk could guess Zhoumi being in his hide out.

He approached his lover and took a moment to appreciate his adorable sleeping face. Lovingly, he removed a strand of light brown hair from his face, brushing his skin. All he wanted to do right now was kiss him, fell his skin even closer, memories of what happened yesterday between them still fresh in his mind. But he controlled himself, because after all they were at their w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter