4:17

An Evil Maknae's Guide to Motherhood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Heya, guys! Here’s the next chapter! We’re already on the second to last chapter!

Enjoy! :)

Book 4: Blast from the Past

Chapter 17: Replaced

As months passed, things continued to get better for Super Junior and DBSK. Most people already considered Changkyu’s relationship as “old news” and moved on to more recent scandals and revelations. Super Junior was also very pleased to be performing once again with their evil but beloved maknae. 

At first, being back with s again felt odd (but odd in a good way) to Kyuhyun. He had to get used again to hectic schedules, backbreaking dance practices, and endless rehearsals. However, he adjusted again and got back into the flow of things, and soon enough, it was like he had never been gone at all.

Minhyun, on the other hand, took a bit longer to adjust. Before moving to South Korea, he had lived his life as a normal boy (who just so happened to be bent world domination, just like his equally evil mother). Now that he was living in Korea, though, he had to get used to his parents, as well as his uncles, being famous Kpop idols. It wasn’t an easy kind of adjustment for anyone, let alone a four-year-old kid. However, his parents and his uncles slowly eased him into the changes and made sure to be there with him in every step of the way.

Soon, Minhyun’s uncertainty of being in Korea changed into excitement and happiness, and he was always eager to go to new places and be with the new people in his life.

… Which then became a problem for his mother.

Kyuhyun was able to adjust again to living the idol life, no problem. However, he had immense difficulty with adjusting to the fact that Minhyun no longer clung onto him and him alone.

There were so many new people in Minhyun’s life, and Minhyun’s time and affection now had to be shared with these new people.

This didn’t exactly go well with Super Junior evil maknae.

Kyuhyun had never really liked sharing. And now, he had to share the most precious person in his life: his son.

One of the people with whom Kyuhyun had to share his son upon going back to Korea wasn’t exactly “new,” per se.         

Some months after Kyuhyun’s move back to Korea, Hankyung also returned, and Super Junior couldn’t be any happier. Of course, Hankyung was still signed to his Chinese agency, not officially a part of Super Junior again. However, his Chinese agency and SM had so far agreed for some “collaborations” between Hankyung and Super Junior, and ELFs were joyous to see Hankyung performing with the rest of the group again.

Even better, Hankyung was staying in the Super Junior dorm again, so even if he wasn’t with Super Junior for all of their activities, they were at least all living together once more. SM was initially going to get a separate residence for Hankyung, but Heechul… Well, Heechul basically burst right into a middle of the SM board’s meeting and straight out told them that on no account would Hankyung be staying anywhere but the Super Junior dorm. Frankly, even the top SM executives were scared to mess with Heechul, so they, of course, readily agreed to whatever the diva wanted.

Kyuhyun would deny to infinity and beyond that he had missed his Chinese hyung, but he was secretly (or not so secretly) glad that Hankyung has with him again. He had come to be greatly close to his Chinese hyung over the past years.

And Minhyun was very glad that his Uncle Hannie was back with them! (Hankyung would like to think that his nephew was happy to be with him and not that Minhyun’s happiness was just tied to being able to eat his uncle’s Beijing fried rice and blueberry pies again.) So, at home in the Super Junior dorm, instead of sticking with his umma, Minhyun followed his Uncle Hannie around everywhere, telling Hankyung about every single thing that had happened to him while his uncle was still in China.

“A couple of weeks ago, ELFs and Cassies sent me gifts, Uncle Hannie!” Minhyun chatted away while he sat the table, waiting for his uncle to finish cooking the Beijing fried rice. (Okay, maybe the food that Hankyung made had a large part on why Minhyun missed him so much.)

“That’s nice, Minhyunnie. Did you say thank you?”

“Umma and appa sent thank you notes to the fan sites. The gifts were great! They got me many toys! Let’s play with them together soon, okay, Uncle Hannie?”

“Of course, Minhyunnie.”

“And there were also lots of food and treats among their gifts! Cookies, and chocolates, and cakes…”

“I hope you didn’t eat all of those in one go, Minhyunnie,” Hankyung chided as he stirred the rice one more time and turned off the stove. “That much sweets is bad for you.”

“Appa and I everything the very same night, Uncle Hannie.”

Hankyung sighed. Of course they did.

Just as Hankyung was putting a plate of the rice in front of Minhyun, Kyuhyun came into the kitchen. 

“Minhyun, time to shower. We’re already late. We need to leave in 15 minutes.”

Super Junior was having a variety show shooting today, and since DBSK was also on a schedule, Minhyun was supposed to tag along with his umma and his Super Junior uncles and watch the shooting.

“But Uncle Hannie just made me Beijing fried rice, umma!” Minhyun pouted. The food smelled so delicious, and he was finally going to have Beijing fried rice again after being away from his uncle for months, and it would be awful if he didn’t get to eat it now that it was already right in front of him! Minhyunnie’s umma wouldn’t keep him away from Beijing fried rice… would he?

“It’s okay, Kyu. You guys go on to the filming, and I’ll watch Minhyun for the day,” Hankyung offered to babysit Minhyun. After all, he had always been Minhyun’s most usual babysitter, so it wasn’t like it was anything new to Hankyung. And he missed babysitting his nephew while he was away from Minhyun, so he wanted to spend time with Minhyun now (Hankyung really did have masochistic tendencies sometimes).

A slight frown appeared on Kyuhyun’s face. “I thought you wanted to watch the shooting, Minhyun?” His son was talking excitedly about it a couple of days ago.

But Minhyun shook his head now. “I will just stay with Uncle Hannie today, umma! And the Beijing fried rice!” And without further ado, he started into his meal, quickly shoving huge amounts of the rice into his mouth like the little food monster that he was, ignoring his uncle’s reminder to slow down.

Kyuhyun let out an exasperated huff of breath and just walked back to his room to get his things. He had never been able to compete with Minhyun’s love for Beijing fried rice…

Then, there were also Kyuhyun’s and Changmin’s families. Minhyun had been away from them for all of his life, so the Chos and the Shims of course wanted to get to know the little boy. Kyuhyun would never deny his parents nor Changmin’s parents their right to bond with their grandson. Even more so, there was no way that Kyuhyun would stand a chance against his and Changmin’s sisters, so he had no choice but to share his son whenever the girls would demand (not just ask nicely, but demand) to spend time with their nephew.

Minhyun loved spending time with all of his grandparents and his aunts, but his favorite was going to his Auntie Ahra’s house (and Kyuhyun would have to deal with his smug older sister whenever Minhyun would voice out how much he loved going there). His Auntie Ahra was so cool! Also, there were his baby twin cousins, Yejun and Hajun! Minhyun loved playing with them!

So, one day, just when Kyuhyun and Minhyun were about to leave the dorm to go shopping and Ahra showed up, Kyuhyun knew immediately that he would be fighting a losing battle.

“Hi, Minhyunnie!” Ahra greeted her nephew warmly (and totally ignoring her younger brother) as soon as she was inside the Super Junior dorm. 

“Auntie Ahra!” Minhyun squealed, immediately running to her and wrapping his arms around her leg. 

Ahra bent down and hugged him back. “You want to spend the day with me, your uncle, and your cousins at our home?”

Minhyun’s eyes sparkled at those words. “Yes!”

“We were going shopping today, noona,” Kyuhyun butted in, making himself, as well as his plans, known.

However, Ahra had already taken Minhyun’s hand and was already leading the little boy out of the dorm. Kyuhyun had no choice but to just groan and scurry after them.

Then, at Ahra’s house, Minhyun’s attention was immediately taken by Ahra’s twin sons. Minhyun spent most of the time playing with his one-year-old cousins, the three kids giggling and having fun among themselves.

“You ruined my plans today, noona,” Kyuhyun grumbled at his sister while they sat side by side on the sofa, watching their children play on the floor.

Ahra just smiled impishly at her little brother. “Don’t I always?”

Kyuhyun had to admit (only to himself, not to his already-too-smug sister) that watching Minhyun play “peek-a-boo” with the babies was much better than any shopping trip. Still, he wished that his son would rather spend time with his dear umma than with his aunt.

Just then, Minhyun ran up to Kyuhyun. “Umma! Umma! I like babies! Babies like Yejun and Hajun are fun!”

“Well, that’s nice, Minhyunnie—”

“Let’s go get babies, too, umma!”

“W-What—?” Kyuhyun spluttered out. Beside him, his no-good sister was trying to hide her snickers behind her hand.

“Get babies, too, umma! We should also have at least one baby at home! So that I could also play with a baby even when I’m not here visiting Yejun and Hajun!”

Kyuhyun felt like he was dying. Ahra, on the other hand, was having the time of her life watching her normally unflappable little brother choke and splutter and just plain freak out.

“Uh, M-Minhyunnie, we don’t just get babies…”

“Oh.” Minhyun visibly deflated.

And Kyuhyun started to breathe normally again, thinking that was the end of the very awkward and uncomfortable conversation. But no, it was about to get much worse—

“Well, why don’t you just make some more babies, then, umma?”

“What??”

Minhyun stared at his mother, unsure why his mother was freaking out. “You and appa made me, right? You can make more babies! You said that we can’t just get babies, so why don’t you make them instead? Making would be easier than getting, right?”

“Uh, M-Minhyunnie… that’s… well, that’s… n-not really possible…”

Just then, Yejun and Hajun saved their poor uncle Kyu by babbling loudly behind Minhyun, getting their older cousin’s attention. The babies were reaching out to Minhyun, wondering why the “peek-a-boo” stopped. And Minhyun’s attention was successfully diverted, and he ran back to play again with his cousins.

Once Minhyun was back with her sons, Ahra didn’t even bother to tried her laughter anymore. Kyuhyun glared at her. Or tried to glare at her. Apparently, the evil maknae couldn’t glare so efficiently when he was flustered. 

After her laughter subsided, Ahra smirked at her brother. “What do you mean ‘it’s not possible’? You already had Minhyun, didn’t you? Go make another one or two with Changmin.”

Kyuhyun turned even redder. “Yah! That—that was just a one-time fluke in my body!” he insisted indignantly. However, there was another round of giggles from Minhyun and his baby cousins, and Kyuhyun smiled despite himself. “Best fluke that happened in my life, though,” he added softly.

Getting pregnant despite being a man was a one-time fluke in Kyuhyun’s life that led to so many challenges, but watching Minhyun giggle now, Kyuhyun knew that that fluke was the best thing that ever happened to him.

…Still, he wished that Minhyun didn’t want to spend so much time at his aunt’s house! Aside from Kyuhyun having share his son, Minhyun just got all sorts of ideas when spending time with his Auntie Ahra and his baby cousins!

Kyuhyun also had to contend with his hyungs for Minhyun’s time and attention. The rest of the older Super Junior members, like Hankyung, were apparently masochistic when it came to their nephew. Despite the suffering and torture that they had experienced when each of one of them “had taken Minhyun out for the day,” they still ended up getting ered into spending time with their nephew.

Minhyun loved torturing having fun with his uncles, and when they would looked fearful when he would ask them to play with him, the little boy would just widen his eyes and pout his lips, and it would work like a magic charm on his uncles! Just like the hyungs had never been able to resist their evil maknae, they were also unable to resist his equally evil son.

As much as Kyuhyun enjoyed watching his son torture his hyungs, he didn’t like it whenever Minhyun would choose their company over his company. What the heck?! Why would anyone choose his pabo hyungs over him, right?! To make matters worse, it was his own son who was choosing his pabo hyungs over him!

The hyungs had always been helpless against their maknae’s evil plots, but now, Kyuhyun felt that he was the one helpless against his hyungs whenever Minhyun would choose them over him, and Kyuhyun did not like that feeling of helplessness one bit.

For instance, late one night, Kyuhyun was woken up by his son shaking him.

“Huh?” Kyuhyun muttered groggily, making out the small shape of his son in the darkness, kneeling beside him and shaking him.

“Umma! Umma!” Minhyun whined when he saw his mother’s eyes start to close again. “Umma, wake up!”

Kyuhyun yawned widely and forced himself to sit up. It was just him and Minhyun on the bed because Changmin was in Japan for a few days for a Tohoshinki concert.

“What’s wrong, Minhyun?” Kyuhyun muttered sleepily.

Before his son could reply, though, the little boy’s stomach made a very loud grumble.

“Minhyunnie is hungry,” Minhyun added belatedly, as if his mother couldn’t already tell the problem from just his stomach’s grumbling.

It had been a long, tiring day of schedules, and he would love nothing more than to go back to sleep before going to more schedules tomorrow, but Kyuhyun just sighed and pulled himself out of bed. He wouldn’t be getting any peaceful night’s sleep until his little food monster’s stomach was satisfied.

“Alright, alright,” Kyuhyun said as he stood up stretched. “Umma will make some instant ramen for you.”

“No, umma.”

“No?”

“Minhyunnie doesn’t want instant ramen!” Minhyun made a face at the thought of instant food. “Can you please get Uncle Wookie and ask him to make midnight snacks for me?”

“You want Uncle Wookie to make you food instead?”

Minhyun gave his umma an odd look. Why didn’t his umma understand what he was saying right away? Maybe his umma was still sleepy? “Yes, umma. Uncle Wookie. Uncle Wookie can make delicious midnight snacks.”

Seriously?! Minhyun wanted Ryeowook to cook food for him instead, just because Ryeowook was a better cook than his mother?! How was that fair?!

…Well, yeah, it’s only normal that the kid would want the better cook to make the midnight snacks, but Kyuhyun didn’t have to like it.

“Umma!” Minhyun started to whine again when his mother just stood there, gaping at him. Minhyun was getting very hungry!

“Okay, okay!” Knowing better than to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter