4:14

An Evil Maknae's Guide to Motherhood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Heya, here is the next update finally. Sorry for the long wait, but this update is long (it’s 20 pages on Word), so it took me a long time to write. I apologize in advance for the great length.

But it’s Kyuhyun’s return from military service tomorrow!!! So, I forced myself to finish the update in time as a celebration. I’m sure ELFs out there are very excited to see Kyuhyun perform again! :D

Anyway, here’s the next update.

Book 4: Blast from the Past

Chapter 14: Return

Managers and coordinators and assistants were running around, trying to gather everything and everyone and make sure that nothing—and more importantly, no one—was forgotten. Security guards were creating barriers, trying to keep the all-too eager fans from getting to the idols. Some of the idols just walked right through the crowd, bearing with flashes of light from cameras and the yelling and the professions of love and, of course, the random marriage proposals screamed by fans now and then. Some idols tried to sneak past all the chaos, being secretive and trying to get into the place without being noticed through the use of private entrances.

All in all, it was the typical scenario of K-pop idols going through the airport to get to their plane.

SM idols had finished their promotional stay in China.

It was now time to go back home to South Korea.

But then… maybe the scenario wasn’t so typical. Sure, it was usually tiring and stressful to have go through all the chaos in the airport. Not to mention the actual travel across countries. But normally, despite all the tiredness, idols would have been relieved and happy to be going back home.

That wasn’t quite the case this time.

The SM idols were feeling sad and regretful right now.

Super Junior, in particular, was feeling quite devastated. They had recently just been completed (well, mostly complete, that is, since Kibum was still not there). And now, they were going to have to go through another separation?! How was that fair?! It wasn’t fair!

Thus, in one of the private waiting rooms in the airport, Super Junior members just stood or sat with morose expressions, not wanting to be separated again but having little choice in the situation. There were some idols from other groups in the room as well, and they were trying to cheer up Super Junior, but really, there wasn’t much that can be done. I mean, how do you just take off someone’s mind from such a kind of impending separation, after all, right?

“It will be fine,” Taeyeon, standing close to Leeteuk, whispered to her fellow leader. “Your group will get past this. You’ve done so in the past…”

“Yeah, and it really destroyed us…” Leeteuk sighed sadly.

“You survived. You’ll survive again this time, I know it. And it will only be for a short while. Things will get better again for your group.”

In one corner, Ryeowook was sniffling quiet. “This shouldn’t be happening. We just saw him again. Why do we have to say goodbye again so soon?”

“It might have escaped your notice, Wookie, but life’s not fair,” Kangin grumbled, a scowl on his face. The annoyed expression was just a mask, though. A mask to hide how he, too, was quite upset with the situation.

It wasn’t ideal, but there wasn’t much that they could change, so they’d just have to bear with it.

Just then, the waiting room’s door opened, and the five DBSK members walked in, having just snuck past unseen by fans since they went through a private entrance to get in the airport. Well, the four elder DBSK members walked in. Changmin, on the other hand, had to limp into the room.

It was hard for the maknae to walk when there was a little koala clinging around his leg. Normally, DBSK would just it up and bear with going through the crowd, but with the… attachment to Changmin’s leg, they had to go out of their way to use a private entrance, needing to avoid being seen.

“Minhyunnie,” Changmin sighed wearily as the door closed behind them. “Please let go of appa’s leg already. Appa can’t walk properly. I might fall, and we both might get hurt.”

Minhyun’s bottom lip quivered. “No,” he said plainly, his arms and legs just getting tighter around Changmin’s leg.

Changmin let out a sigh and walked—limped—further into the room, with his leg basically having to carry the little boy with each step.

Kyuhyun, who had come to the airport with his Super Junior hyungs, felt his heart clench at the sight.

During the past week, Minhyun had been like a little koala and had practically clung to his father nonstop. The little boy had been showing separation anxiety issues since he had learned of his appa’s upcoming departure.

Flashback

It was the morning after Minhyun found out that the SM idols would soon be going back to South Korea. The night before, the evil maknaes had tucked their tired-out son into his bed, and they themselves fell, exhausted and emotionally drained, down on Kyuhyun’s bed in unison. The evil maknaes finally got some privacy, but hell, after all the tears and drama, they just weren’t “in the mood.” Who would be, in that kind of situation? So, Changmin had just pulled Kyuhyun into his arms, and the evil maknaes fell into a fitful and uneasy sleep.

And the next morning, they were suddenly jolted from their sleep by a loud and piercing scream. The two maknaes immediately recognized that the scream came from Minhyun, and they both jumped off Kyuhyun’s bed to check on their son, panicked and worried that something horrible had happened to the little boy.

But before either of them could take more than a few steps away from Kyuhyun’s bed, Kyuhyun’s bedroom door opened, and there was Minhyun, with wide eyes and a petrified expression on his face.

“APPA!” he shouted as soon as his frantic eyes spotted Changmin. He dashed toward him and attached himself to his father’s leg.

“Minhyunnie, what’s wrong?” Changmin asked, trying to keep calm, but his eyes still anxiously examined his son. Minhyun seemed physically fine, but the evil maknaes understand could not understand what was going on and why he had screamed before.

Minhyun didn’t answer and just pressed his face against his father’s leg. Changmin started to feel his pants’ leg starting to get wet.

“Minhyun, are you crying?”

Upon hearing the word “crying,” Kyuhyun quickly walked around the bed to get to the other side where Changmin and Minhyun were. “Dumpling, what’s wrong?” Kyuhyun asked as he crouched down beside Minhyun, seeing that his son’s shoulders were indeed shaking. , his precious little dumpling was crying again.

Though Kyuhyun, like Changmin, didn’t see what could have set off the waterworks again so early in the morning.

“M-Minhyunnie woke u-up and t-thought y-y-you were gone, appa,” Minhyun said through his sobs.

Changmin and Kyuhyun glanced at each other helplessly, not knowing how to comfort their son. Heck, they didn’t even know what to do with the situation. How were they going to address the impending date of the SM idols’ return to Korea?

For the next couple of days, Minhyun became a regular attachment to Changmin’s leg. The little boy seemed to have decided that being physically attached to his father was the best way to prevent him from leaving. He spent most of his time close to his father. And he even slept in his parents’ bed. So, Changmin and Kyuhyun were both suffering from cases of blue balls; they couldn’t get any “action” with Minhyun sticking close to Changmin and even sleeping between them every night.

End of Flashback

So, now, at the airport, Minhyun still clung to his father’s leg as though his life depended on it.

“Minhyunnie, let go of appa’s leg,” Kyuhyun said, walking over to his beloved and his son and gently trying to pull Minhyun off Changmin’s leg.

“No. Minhyunnie doesn’t want,” Minhyun whined, snuggling even closer against his father’s leg and freeing himself from his mother’s grip. “We can’t let appa leave, umma. He shouldn’t be away from us again.”

Changmin was mentally kicking himself. This was all his fault. If he’d only been present from the start of Minhyun’s life, Minhyun would never have experienced not having a father, and the little boy would not have to be worried now about going back to such a life without his father. Of course, Changmin didn’t know about Minhyun before, so Changmin wasn’t completely to be blamed, but Changmin hadn’t been able to stand up for his relationship with Kyuhyun in the past, leading to Kyuhyun having to keep Minhyun a secret and moving away.

The DBSK maknae now swore that he would keep his family together and fight for them.

Still, he would greatly appreciate it if Minhyun would let go of his leg. Minhyun’s arms and legs were wrapped quite tightly, and Changmin was thinking his blood circulation might be cut off. His leg was starting to get numb.

“Minhyunnie, you’re not going to lose appa, okay?” Kyuhyun soothed. “Please let go of appa’s leg.” Bloody hell, he had to save his beloved’s leg. Changmin and Kyuhyun still hadn’t been able to get some “action” with all the drama and chaos and preparations, and what a shame it would if when they finally managed to get some “alone time,” Changmin didn’t have his leg anymore due to it having to be amputated due to the lack of blood circulation. ChangKyu needed Changmin to have both of his legs for them to be able to do some of their favorite “positions” in the past, if you know what I mean.

“But I don’t want to be separated from appa again,” Minhyun said petulantly.

“You won’t be. That’s why we’re going back to Korea with him, remember?” Kyuhyun reminded his son of their great change in lifestyle. “So that we can all be together?”

Yes.

Kyuhyun was going back to Korea.

Changmin and Kyuhyun were going back to their home country together, and they were taking their son with them.

Minhyun was finally going to see and live in the country of his origin.

With only a few days left until the SM idols’ scheduled return, Kyuhyun had finally made the difficult decision of going back. Well, choosing to be with Changmin and his hyungs again was actually easy. What was difficult was with that choice came having to face his past again. But being with Changmin and Super Junior again made that difficulty worth it.

So, Kyuhyun decided to return and face his past again.

And having to face the past had started with meeting the SM manages and staff currently in China.

Imagine Super Junior’s manager’s surprise when Kyuhyun suddenly showed up in front him with the rest of Super Junior. And imagine the man’s even greater surprise when he found out the truth about Kyuhyun’s disappearance and having a child with Changmin. But really, the man’s greatest emotion felt was horror. Horror that the evil maknae had reproduced. And the manager would once again have to deal with the evil maknae, and there was now additional little evil minion. Heaven help the poor manager.

Still, the manager had been glad to see Kyuhyun again. And they had all made preparations of how to get Kyuhyun and Minhyun back to Korea with the others. Kyuhyun would be facing the SM board and president when he got back, the top executives still not knowing about the situation. But at that time, the important part was getting Kyuhyun and Minhyun back to Korea first.

Super Junior and DBSK were quite joyous when Kyuhyun had announced that he would be going back. There was another round of crying, but at least that time, it had been happy tears. DBSK would not be losing its maknae since Changmin would not have to stay behind in China anymore. And Super Junior would finally be getting its maknae back again. In the official sense.

Minhyun had been quite hesitant about the whole moving thing at first.

The little boy had wanted to be with his father, but he hadn’t wanted to leave his home. China was the only home that Minhyun had known. And it took a lot of explanations and assurances from Changmin and Kyuhyun before Minhyun had been convinced to say goodbye to his home, his school, and his friends. His parents had promised that they would visit China often. And the little boy definitely loved the idea of their family being together. However, Kyuhyun was the one who was able to give Minhyun the best part about moving back to Korea (“Think about it, Minhyunnie—we will be with your uncles! That’s a lot of victims for pranks! You’ll be able to torture them consistently!” Kyuhyun had said cheerfully, trying to get his son excited at the thought. “KYUHYUN!” the Super Junior hyungs had all protested, for Kyuhyun had the nerve to tell Minhyun that right in front of his hyungs. Minhyun, however, had beamed brightly and finally agreed, saying “Okay, umma! Let’s move to Korea and be with appa and torture the uncles!” And Kyuhyun and Minhyun had evilly cackled together, and the hyungs had shuddered fearfully.)

So, when Minhyun had been convinced, it had been a frenzy of packing during the last few days before the scheduled return. The Super Junior and DBSK members let their managers and the SM staff pack their belongings in China. The members instead helped with the chaos that was Kyuhyun’s apartment during the frenzied packing. Important possessions were all packed safely and going along to South Korea as well: including Kyuhyun’s games and gadgets (Kyuhyun had already been separated from games when he left for China; he wasn’t going to through another separation this time!) and Minhyun’s food pajamas. Yeah, Kyuhyun and Minhyun had their “priorities.” Clothes and various momentos were packed as well. Xiari had graciously offered to deal with the furniture that would be left in the apartment.

The best thing about all (well, almost all) the Super Junior members, plus DBSK, being present was that despite the short time left and the huge amounts of things to pack, the packing had been finished on time.

Thus, now that the day for the return had finally come, Kyuhyun and Minhyun were with the SM idols and staff at the airport.

And Kyuhyun was now trying to convince his son to let go of his father’s leg.

“Come on, Minhyunnie,” Kyuhyun implored. “We’re going back with appa already. You can let go of appa’s leg.”

“No.”

Kyuhyun’s eye twitched upon hearing that word again. However, his dominant emotion at that point was not annoyance but sadness. Being a little evil genius, Minhyun often acted more mature for his age. And now the little boy was finally exhibiting childlike tendencies like whining and being petulant. Kyuhyun just wished that the reason was different. He wished that Minhyun was instead whining because of a toy was being denied from him, or food, or having to take naps. Something other than separation anxiety of having to lose his father. Kyuhyun hated that Minhyun was so upset and traumatized by all the recent plot twists in their lives that he was having separation anxiety.

Kyuhyun didn’t know how to handle it, so he just sighed and straightened up again.

Minhyun, however, then slid his body down Changmin’s leg, with his arms and legs still locked around the leg and sitting his little down on Changmin’s shoe. It was a very uncomfortable position for both Changmin and Minhyun, to say the least.

“Minhyunnie, don’t sit on appa’s shoe,” Changmin said, wiggling his leg a bit to try to get Minhyun out of the sitting position. “It’s dirty for you to sit on.”

“Minhyunnie is tired, appa,” was all that Minhyun replied. He turned his head and rested his cheek against Changmin’s leg.

Well, it wasn’t really a wonder that Minhyun was tired. Keeping one’s arms and legs wrapped around another person’s leg for a long period of time is really exhausting.

“Go sit with Uncle Sungminnie, then,” Changmin pointed at the vacant seat beside Sungmin. Sungmin smiled at Minhyun and patted the spot beside him, encouraging Minhyun to join him. “You’ll be more comfortable there, Minhyunnie,” the DBSK maknae continued.

Minhyun’s bottom lip trembled again. Was his appa trying to get rid of him? Get Minhyun to let go so that he could leave??? No! Minhyun couldn’t let that happen! Minhyunnie must make sure that his appa doesn’t leave him and his umma!

“No.” And the arms and legs around Changmin’s leg got even tighter.

Changmin sighed. Then, he bent down, grabbed Minhyun, and gently but firmly lifted him up, finally pulling the boy away from his leg.

And Minhyun went into panic. No! His appa was going to get away! No, no, no!

“No! NO! NOOOO!!!” Minhyun screamed, starting to cry and flail his arms and legs.

Everyone in the room winced a bit at the high and piercing screams. Kyuhyun let out another sigh. He never really had to deal with all the toddler tantrums in public before. Minhyun had mostly behaved (well, as behaved as a little evil minion could be). But now, with Minhyun still overwhelmed about everything, emotional outbursts were easily triggered.

However, Changmin simply carried Minhyun in his arms, figuring that would be more comfortable for the tired little boy than sitting on his shoe. He hugged his son close.

Minhyun’s flailing immediately stopped when he realized that his father wasn’t totally trying to detach him. He still continued to sniffle, though. He wrapped harms tightly around his appa’s neck, now resting his cheek on his appa’s shoulder instead.

Jaejoong walked over to his “baby” and his “grandbaby,” and he rubbed Minhyun’s back soothingly.

“What am I going to do, hyung?” Changmin asked Jaejoong quietly as Minhyun continued on with his sniffling. There was pain and a hint of desperation in Changmin’s eyes. “How am I going to make him see that I’m not leaving him and his mother? That we won’t be apart again?”

“Just give it time, Changminnie,” Jaejoong smiled sadly. “I expect he’ll eventually realize that you’re really not leaving when we’re all close and living together in South Korea.”

“I suppose you’re right…” Yes, it was a rare instance of Changmin admitting that one of his normally pabo hyungs was actually right.

Just then, the Super Junior manager came in the waiting room.

“All right, everything’s all packed. Everyone’s all here. Everything’s all set,” the manager informed them all, though he really mostly seemed to be talking to himself, going over his mental check list. “Okay, we’re the last batch to be leaving. Some already left yesterday, and some had earlier flights today.”

It was impossible to have all the SM idols and staff in just one flight, after all.

Upon hearing those words from the manager, Kyuhyun’s sadness at Minhyun being overwhelmed was momentarily set aside. His eyes narrowed dangerously. “And f(x)?” he asked sharply.

The manager just gave him a pointed look. “They already left a few hours ago with some of the other girl groups.”

Kyuhyun still let out a little growl, though. And most people in the room let out sighs of great relief. Thank God Kyuhyun and Victoria won’t be having an encounter.

Again.

Flashback

Kyuhyun and Victoria had finally seen each other again a couple of days ago, and it…. hadn't been pleasant, to say the least. When Kyuhyun had come with Super Junior for a “debriefing” meeting for the SM idols (which was also a meeting to let all the other idols in China now that Kyuhyun was with them again), Victoria had turned red at the sight of the Super Junior maknae.

“What the hell is he doing here?!” Victoria had shrieked immediately upon seeing Kyuhyun enter the meeting room.

All the other idols who had not yet known about Kyuhyun had been greatly shocked but pleased to see him again, but before they could happily greet him, Victoria and Kyuhyun had already started a battle.

“The same thing as you are,” Kyuhyun had snapped at Victoria in reply. “Attending a meeting for SM idols.”

“You’re not an SM idol anymore! You disappeared! You were gone! Why didn’t you just continue to stay missing?!”

“And why hadn’t you just left the agency in all that time?! I would have hoped that you’d no longer be here by the time I returned!”

Heechul, who had known that Kyuhyun and Victoria would be seeing each other again at the meeting, had packed popcorn with him. As the catfight started, Heechul had brought his big Tupperware full of popcorn and had started to munch as he enjoyed the showdown between his maknae and Victoria. The Super Junior manager had just shaken his head and sighed as he saw Heechul eating popcorn. And he had sighed again when some of the other SM idols had also helped themselves to the popcorn, all apparently intent on enjoying the show.

“Everyone would have been better off without you! Why’d you even return?!” Victoria had spat out.

Kyuhyun had growled, and he had really been about to lunge for Victoria. However, Changmin had then appeared at his side, putting a restraining arm around Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun had had every right to finally take revenge, but Changmin had been of the opinion that attacking with Victoria would just get Kyuhyun arrested for assault. Changmin had been glad to finally be with Kyuhyun again, and he had had no intention of being separated by Kyuhyun again, this time by prison bars.

If Victoria had been red when she had seen Kyuhyun enter the room, it was nothing to the apoplectic red that she had turned upon seeing Changmin beside Kyuhyun.

“You two are together again?!”

Kyuhyun, even as he had tried to wrestle against Changmin’s hold, had smirked in a viciously triumphant way at Victoria. “What do you think?” he had taunted as he had pressed himself closer against Changmin.

“You ! Changmin is mine!”

It had then been Kyuhyun’s turn to red. had said what?! “Excuse you, what did you just say?! Changmin is mine, never yours! You’re the one who tried to steal him! And I now have him back, and you’re never getting your paws on him again while I’m still breathing!”

Heechul, at that point, had been passing around drinks along with the popcorn to others.

“You should have stayed missing! You just keep on deluding yourself that Changmin’s yours! I’ll get him back, I swear I’ll— ”

But Victoria hadn’t been able to finish her threats because of out of nowhere, a great amount of sticky goo had gone flying across the room and landed right on target: Victoria herself. The female idol had gotten totally soaked in goo, and she had let out another high-pitched shriek.

Everyone in the room would have blamed the evil maknaes, but Changmin and Kyuhyun had also looked totally surprised.

And Leeteuk had spotted Minhyun, who had entered the room without being noticed. And Minhyun had that evil glint in his eyes.

“Minhyun!” Leeteuk had groaned. “What did I say earlier about behaving during the meeting?”

That had gotten everyone else to notice Minhyun, but before anyone not in the know had the chance to ask who Minhyun was, Minhyun had already replied with a pout, “But, Uncle Teukie, she was being mean to umma! Nobody gets to be mean to my umma!”

“Umma? What are you talking about?!” Victoria had demanded at the boy who had apparently been the cause of all this goo on her.

“My umma!” Minhyun had pointed at Kyuhyun, glaring at Victoria now. “You were being mean to my umma! Anyone being mean to my umma would have to face me! And I’m his little evil minion! And you will regret having to face me when I’m done with you! You’ll pay badly for being mean to my umma! Appa is preventing umma from attacking you, but no one’s stopping me!”

“Umma?? Appa??” Victoria had repeated in shock, staring at Kyuhyun and Changmin. And then the lightbulb in her head had finally clicked, and she had yelled, “You got pregnant and had a kid with my Changmin?!”

Instead of directly answering the question, Kyuhyun had gone to more pressing matters. “You try to call Changmin as yours, and I will really scalp you, you !”

Heechul had also packed some candies for himself, and at that point, he had started chewing on some of them, a happy smile on his face as he had watched his maknae lash out.

The other idols not in the know had been expressing their shock about the revelation. There had also been horror that the evil maknaes had reproduced. But Victoria had still not been over with her rage.

“You freak! You’re a freak of nature, Cho Kyuhyun! That’s what you are!”

Kyuhyun’s expression had turned dark, but before he could do anything, Minhyun had lightly tapped his pocket. And out of nowhere, another glob of goo had gone flying right at Victoria! Splat!

Victoria had let out another shriek, not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter