4:11

An Evil Maknae's Guide to Motherhood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Andddddd this story’s back :D Okay, first off, I owe you guys another apology. I didn’t update this story for six months. Again. But this chapter was really just a “transition” chapter to get the story from one main part to another, so I wasn’t quite sure what was going to happen here. I had a major writer’s block for this story. I’d write a bit and then would leave it again for weeks.

But hey, it’s November 16, and as a tradition, I always update at least one story of mine during my birthday.

So, as my birthday treat to you guys, here is the next chapter finally. And it somehow became quite long. xD

“Hyung, get off!” Kyuhyun complained as he tried to wriggle away from Leeteuk’s arms. Once all the SJ and DBSK hyungs had invaded entered Kyuhyun’s apartment, Leeteuk had locked his arms around his maknae again.

“I missed you, baby Kyu!” Leeteuk sniffled tearfully.

“You saw me just…” Kyuhyun paused, calculating for a moment how long it had been since he’d last seen his hyungs. “You saw me just a few weeks ago!”

“Yes, and I thought that you’d vanish on us again when you ran away from Hankyung’s apartment!” Leeteuk buried his face into Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “I thought I’d never see you again!”

“Don’t get your snot on me, hyung.”

That got Leeteuk to stop hugging him. The leader did his best to glare at Kyuhyun through his weepy eyes, and he hit the maknae at the back of his head. “You’re still the most disrespectful maknae ever!”

“Ahem!” Changmin coughed as he stepped beside Kyuhyun, his eyebrows raised at Leeteuk.

Leeteuk sighed. Right. “My bad. You’re both the most disrespectful maknaes ever,” he amended.

While Leeteuk was busy being an overbearing “mother” to his baby Kyu, the rest of the hyungs were making themselves at home in Kyuhyun’s apartment. And a few of them, having spotted Minhyun sleeping on the couch, were now cooing over the little boy.

“Oh, look at how cuteeeee he is,” Sungmin and Ryeowook gushed together. Sungmin even gently reached out to gently pinch the little boy’s cheek, making Minhyun mutter and grumble in his sleep.

“You wake my son, and I’ll serve you with your asses,” Kyuhyun threatened immediately.

“Jeez, stop being so overprotective, Kyu! Minhyunnie’s fine!” Ryeowook retorted at maknae, though he didn’t really look at Kyuhyun; he was still busy making goo-goo eyes at the sleeping little boy.

“He can’t help being an overprotective mother,” Kangin snorted. “He gets it from Teukie.” And he earned himself glares from both Leeteuk and Kyuhyun.

“Wow! Look at all these games!” Eunhyuk suddenly exclaimed loudly. He had just spotted the many games stacked by Kyuhyun’s TV. “There are almost as many here as the ones you have back at home, Kyu!”

“Yes, and I bought most them,” Hankyung informed them idly, thinking of how he either bribed Kyuhyun with games or was given the puppy dog eyes to buy the games over the past few years.

Eunhyuk’s exclamation did the trick in waking Minhyun, though.

The little boy opened his eyes blearily, only to see their home flooded with many people. He sat up the couch and cutely rubbed his eyes with his hands. Sungmin and Ryeowook cooed at once at the cute sight, this time joined by some of the others such as Leeteuk, Jaejoong, and Junsu.

“Why are people making loud noises when I’m trying to sleep?!” Minhyun grumbled, still rubbing his eyes to get the sleep away from them.

“Good question, Minhyunnie,” Kyuhyun said as he glared at Eunhyuk, namely the culprit who had woken up his little dumpling.

Eunhyuk ignored the maknae’s glare with years of practice, and he just said excitedly to Minhyun, “Hey, Minhyunnie! You want to play some games with Uncle Hyukie?”

However, far from being happy about being asked to play videogames, Minhyun finally stopped rubbing his eyes to look up at Eunhyuk. And give a fierce glare of his own.

“No,” the little boy scowled. “You woke up me up!”

Minhyun had learned about the importance of sleep from his Uncle Hankyung, and interrupting his sleep was the second highest crime that you can commit against Minhyun (the highest crime being interrupting his food consumption, of course).

Eunhyuk might have been able to ignore Kyuhyun’s glare, but Minhyun’s glare now sent him shuddering. It was just a fierce and deadly-looking as Kyuhyun’s glare, of course, but there was something definitely even scarier and frightening and horrifying about seeing such a glare come from a cute and very young child.

“Uh, s-s-sorry, M-Minhyunnie,” Eunhyuk stammered, backing away from the boy.

Kyuhyun grinned proudly. His little dumpling was scaring his hyung! How awesome was that?!

Most of the hyungs clearly didn’t think it was awesome, though. The little boy was obviously as evil as his mother. And having been victims of Kyuhyun’s evilness, they could only imagine and fear what evilness may come from Minhyun.

Well, most of the hyungs were frightened. Most. Heechul, also good at giving glares himself, was also proud of the little boy’s skill at giving deadly glares.

“You have an awesome deadly glare, Minhyun,” Heechul grinned at his nephew, even giving an approving nod. As this was the diva that we’re talking about, getting an approving nod from him was already a remarkable feat.

That comment distracted Minhyun from glaring at the person who woke him up. “Thank you!” he smiled brightly at Heechul. It was amazing how fast Minhyun could switch from being cute, to deadly-looking, and back to cute again. “My umma taught me how to give scary glares,” the little boy added brightly.

“Why am I not surprised?” Siwon said, giving Kyuhyun a disappointed look. Really, it was already bad enough that the maknae was evil. Did he really have to teach his son how to be evil, too? Then, Siwon realized that yes, given this was the evil maknae, Kyuhyun really did have to teach Minhyun how to be evil. Sigh.

“It’s my job as his mother to teach him essential skills in life!” Kyuhyun protested to Siwon.

Siwon looked incredulous. “How is giving deadly glares an essential skill in life?!”

Most of the hyungs nodded in agreement with Siwon’s words, but before Kyuhyun could retort, it was Minhyun who answered for him.

“Because without deadly glares, you can’t really scare people well and manipulate them to bend to your will,” Minhyun said simply. He looked innocent but serious as he said it, as though he was merely stating a given fact. Like how the sun would always rise from the east.

“Good God,” was all that Siwon could murmur quietly in response to the statement.

“Why would need to scare people and manipulate, though, right, Minhyun?” Ryeowook pointed out as he sat next to Minhyun. Clearly, the eternal maknae hoped that the little boy could be reasoned with to stop him from being evil.

Hankyung was only shaking his head at Ryeowook’s attempt, though. At this point, the Chinese man had already accepted that it was inevitable that Minhyun would follow Kyuhyun’s—and Changmin’s—path in evilness.

Minhyun looked at Ryeowook with a cute but confused expression. Why was the man asking him such a question? Wasn’t the answer to such a question already obvious? “Well, ‘coz scaring and manipulating people comes with being an overlord,” Minhyun informed Ryeowook. “And I’m gonna be the future overlord with my umma when we take over and dominate the planet, did you know?” he added to Ryeowook, his little face shining with anticipation and excitement at the thought.

Ryeowook could only splutter incomprehensively and look horrified.

Kyuhyun, of course, looked very pleased at Minhyun’s statement. And so did Changmin. The DBSK maknae now took a seat at Minhyun’s other side, while the horrified-looking Ryeowook was still at his son’s other side.

“What about appa, Minhyunnie?” Changmin smiled at his son as he put an arm around Minhyun and pulled the little boy close to him. “Can’t appa join you and umma with ruling the world?”

Minhyun gasped. “Of course you can, appa!” he said quickly, looking up at Changmin earnestly. “The three of us will rule the world together! Everyone will be under the control of our family!”

Yunho gave a loud groan. “Changmin! Don’t you encourage him!”

“Too late for that,” Hankyung muttered. Kyuhyun had already spent the last few years encouraging Minhyun into world domination. In the Chinese man’s opinion, Changmin was only adding to what was already inevitable.

“Why don’t you just play videogames with Uncle Hyukie, Minhyunnie?” Sungmin suggested now, hoping against hope that maybe playing videogames with Eunhyuk would distract Minhyun from world domination. For now, at least. Given that Minhyun was Kyuhyun’s son, Sungmin wasn’t foolish to think that Minhyun could be distracted and kept away from world domination forever.

Minhyun pouted. “Don’t want to,” he said, even making a show of crossing his arms over his chest. “He woke me up.”

The little boy was surprised, however, when his mother said, “You should play with Uncle Eunhyuk, Minhyunnie.”

At Minhyun’s puzzled look, Kyuhyun added with an evil grin, “You can totally destroy him in videogames. Again.” Minhyun had told him about playing videogames with Eunhyuk. And about totally beating him many times. And Kyuhyun now wanted very much to watch firsthand his son defeat his hyung in videogames. It would be another “proud mother” moment for him, since he himself used to do the same thing to Eunhyuk years ago when they played videogames. It was great that Minhyun was following his footsteps!

Minhyun now grinned, happily remembering when he had beaten his Uncle Hyukie in videogames in his Uncle Hannie’s apartment. “Okay, umma!” he agreed with his mother easily. Then, he jumped from the couch and ran to Eunhyuk. “Let’s play games, Uncle Hyukie!” he said as he grabbed Eunhyuk’s hand and tried to lead him to the games by the TV.

Eunhyuk didn’t think playing games with Minhyun was such a great idea anymore, though. After seeing Minhyun’s deadly glare and being reminded of being defeated by the young boy in videogames, he didn’t want to play anymore.

Seeing the reluctance on Eunhyuk’s face, Minhyun gave him a sad, kicked puppy look. “You don’t want to play with Minhyunnie, Uncle Hyukie?”

Kyuhyun was about to march over and kick Eunhyuk’s for making his little dumpling sad, when he realized that Minhyun was doing the kicked puppy look on purpose. To manipulate Eunhyuk into playing with him. Kyuhyun’s chest swelled with pride. His little dumpling always made him so proud!

“Of course I want to play with you, Minhyunnie!” Eunhyuk said immediately upon being given the look. “We’ll play! We’ll play as many games as you want! You can even choose the games!”

“Yay!” Minhyun cheered, clapping and jumping up and down for a bit before he ran to his mother’s collection of games to choose his favorite ones among them.

“He’s already so good at manipulating others?!” Junsu said in a horrified (Minhyun was also good at horrifying the DBSJ hyungs, obviously) whisper to the others. The DBSK duckbutt member could only watch in horror, unable to do anything, as his closest friend in Super Junior was manipulated by the seemingly innocent little boy.

“Most unfortunately,” Hankyung confirmed with a sigh.

“That’s my son!” Kyuhyun grinned proudly.

“Again: most unfortunately,” Hankyung repeated in the same grim tone.

“Yes, keep on annoying me, hyung,” Kyuhyun glared at him. “You’re just adding to the already long list of things that I have to kill you for. Keep on adding to that list so that I’ll have to use more torturous and painful methods later when I start on your demise.”

Hankyung now gulped loudly and edged away from the evil maknae as fast as he could.

About an hour later, Minhyun had already beaten Eunhyuk in many rounds of various games. And he was still continuing to do so. After the fourth defeat, Eunhyuk wanted to stop, but he couldn’t (“You said we’d play with as many games as I want!” Minhyun, being the manipulative little evil minion that he was, had reminded Eunhyuk of his promise with wide, puppy-dog eyes). So, the games continued. And so did the “beating-Uncle-Hyukie-in-videogames” aspect that came along with playing the games.

Kyuhyun, meanwhile, had been interrogated by the mother hen Leeteuk about his well-being and how well he’d been managing in the years that he’d been away from Leeteuk’s care.

“I’m fine, hyung,” Kyuhyun was now assuring Leeteuk for what felt like the thousandth time already.

“But—”

Leeteuk’s coddling was interrupted by a knock on the door.

“Who’s that?” Yesung wondered.

Kyuhyun then remembered that Xiari was going to bring them dinner. Oh, God. His ELF neighbor was here to bring dinner. While the Super Junior members were in his apartment. This was going to be both nightmarish and amusing to see. And the irony that it was Yesung who questioned who was at the door wasn’t lost to Kyuhyun.

The Super Junior maknae sighed. Time to deal with some fangirling. Well, knowing Xiari, it was going to be a lot of fangirling. “Brace yourselves,” he warned his hyungs, though he was mostly looking at Yesung.

The hyungs were confused, but they didn’t get a chance to ask because the person at the door knocked again, and Kyuhyun turned to the open the door.

“About time!” Xiari said as soon as she saw Kyuhyun. “Do you have any idea how hard it is to knock while carrying a pot?”

And she stepped into the apartment, carrying what seemed to be a large pot of some kind of casserole.

Changmin immediately went to Xiari. To offer to “help” with carrying the food. It was the gentlemanly thing to do, was it not? He only wanted to help… Not to sneak bites of the food. Of course not that. *add some innocent whistling from the food monster here*

“What took you so long to—” Xiari stopped in mid-rant to Kyuhyun.

Because she had finally taken a good look around Kyuhyun’s apartment and saw what was there.

Saw who were there.

It was a good thing that Changmin made to approach her, because upon seeing that SUPER JUNIOR was in the room, Xiari’s mind went blank, and her grasp on the pot loosened. Changmin was just in time to catch the pot before it fell on the floor. The DBSK maknae gave a sigh of relief as he managed to catch the dinner.

Xiari took no notice of Changmin and the pot, though. Her eyes were wide, and was repeatedly opening and closing soundlessly.

Kyuhyun just shook his head at Xiari. He turned to the hyungs. “Guys, this is my neighbor, Xiari.”

“She keeps Kyuhyun and Minhyun well-fed and alive and living in a habitable apartment while I’m not here,” Hankyung added.

Leeteuk’s Chinese wasn’t that great, but he’d understood enough from Hankyung to know that the woman had helped his maknae. And he was very grateful for that.

The Super Junior leader stepped forward. He stood right in front of Xiari and bowed. “Thank you for taking care of Kyuhyun,” Leeteuk thanked her as best as he could in Chinese when he straightened up from the bow. He flashed her his famous dimpled smile, unknowingly causing the woman’s heart to go into overdrive. “We are—”

“—Super Junior!” the Super Junior members, except Kyuhyun and Hankyung, all finished together, even raising their hands to do the usual sign when they introduced themselves.

Seeing this finally snapped Xiari out of her stunned silence. And triggered the crazy fangirl side—

“AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!” she screamed, surprising everyone, expect Kyuhyun, in the room. Leeteuk even backed away few steps. “IT’S SUPER JUNIOOOOOOOORRR!”

“You did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter