4:9

An Evil Maknae's Guide to Motherhood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: And here’s the next chapter! I hope you guys enjoy it. :3

Book 4: Blast from the Past

Chapter 9: Changkyu

It was a nice, sunny mid-morning. The sun was shining brightly overhead, and the sky was clear blue, with a few fluffy, white clouds here and there. The freeway wasn’t exactly empty of cars traveling, but it wasn’t a complete traffic jam either. The drivers in their cars were all content with the moderate flow of traffic.

Except for one driver, that is.

As the other cars moved at a normal pace, one car went zooming past them.

It was zigzagging, overtaking cars here and there, nearly bumping them off the road in the process. The driver seemed to trying to rival the Flash with the way that he was driving.

The freeway wasn’t so “chill” anymore as the other drivers frantically turned their steering wheels, trying to get out of the speeding car’s way.

“Who the heck’s the lunatic driving that car?!” one of the drivers demanded as the speeding car went past him, only missing his car by about an inch.

“Why won’t these peasants get out of my way?!” the lunatic driver of the speeding car, alone in his vehicle, shouted to no one in particular.

Kyuhyun was fuming.

He was having a very not good morning. The bright, sunny weather was the complete opposite of the angry, dark aura that was emanating from the evil maknae.

His mind and his heart had already been in a bad, dark place for the past few days since he last kicked Changmin out of his home and the wooing stopped.

Then, he heard that Changmin and his Super Junior hyungs were leaving China and going back to South Korea again. As much as Kyuhyun insisted that staying away from his old life and the people in it was for the best for him and Minhyun, he was upset about that news and would greatly miss them again (even if he would never admit it even to himself).

Worst of all, his Hankyung hyung had said that the was trying to get his man again! That alone made Kyuhyun livid enough to want to commit murder.

And now these peasants were getting in his way!!!

Didn’t they know that Kyuhyun had to get to Beijing quickly and stake his claim on his man?!

(Well, of course they don’t know, but if you wanna tell that to the already incensed evil maknae, be my guest…)

Now, Kyuhyun would know what fans would be thinking if, hypothetically, they knew about Changmin and Kyuhyun’s past and knew that Kyuhyun was now racing to Beijing to get to Changmin. The evil maknae was certain that fans would be thinking that “Hell, yeah! Changkyu’s back on!” Kyuhyun would like to contradict such a reaction in the hypothetical situation.

Hell, no!

This did not mean that Changkyu was back on!

Kyuhyun trying to get Changmin away from Victoria did not mean that was already going to get back with Changmin! No way! It was just—it was just—it’s the principle of the matter! Yeah, that! The principle of the matter!

Kyuhyun had already lost Changmin to Victoria once before. Competitive GameKyu did not like losing, and he was not willing to let such a loss happen again!

It was Kyuhyun’s pride and reputation that were on the line. Those were what he’s actually trying to protect by protecting Changmin from Victoria’s claws!

And even all the act of being territorial about Changmin—claiming once again that Changmin was his man—also did not prove anything! That did not mean that he was still sappily in love with the DBSK maknae! It did not mean that he would go back into Changmin’s arms!

Nope!

Not at all!

Nuh-uh!

And with these thoughts, the annoyed and still stubborn and in denial evil maknae of Super Junior continued to speed toward Beijing to keep his man well away from Victoria.

If only these darn peasants would get out of his way!

Grr!

Kyuhyun slammed his foot even harder on the gas pedal. Zwooshhh went his car.

Ten minutes later, and Kyuhyun was finally getting near Beijing

And, by some of luck, he hasn’t killed anyone yet with his speeding.

Now, as any sane person would know, there were certain things that one definitely should not do when driving. One of them was going over the speed limit. Another one of them was texting while driving.

Being the evil maknae that he was, Kyuhyun did both of these major driving don’ts.

At the same time.

While driving at dangerous speeds, Kyuhyun reached for his phone to send a text. (Do not copy the evil maknae, folks! No matter how much you want to be evil and be like him!)

Kyuhyun felt guilty, knowing in the deepest parts of his heart that his actions were a bit (okay, a lot!) irresponsible. But how else was he supposed to find out where to go?! He didn’t know where Changmin was staying, and he had to find out the location in order to get there and behead erm, stop Victoria!

So, the speeding evil maknae sent a text to his Chinese hyung, asking about where DBSK was staying while still in China.

A few moments later, Hankyung sent a reply with the name of the hotel and its address, even specifying the number of DBSK’s hotel suite. At the end of the text, Hankyung added, ‘Hurry, Kyu!’

Kyuhyun’s eyes narrowed as he read that last part (when he should actually be keeping his eyes on the road! Kyuhyun!).

‘I am hurrying! The car’s already at its maximum speed! Want me to take a picture of the speedometer and send it to you as evidence, hyung?’ the evil maknae snappily said in his reply.

Just some seconds after Kyuhyun sent the text, he already received a reply from his hyung. A frantic reply from his hyung:

‘Wait, are you DRIVING RIGHT NOW?!’

‘What else do you expect me to do, sprout wings and fly to Beijing?’ was the sarcastic text reply of the evil maknae.

Hankyung’s next reply was scolding and even more frantic, if that was possible. ‘Cho Kyuhyun! You shouldn’t be texting and driving! You’ve already been in one car accident! You want to be in another one?!’

Kyuhyun had to shiver a bit at the mention of his past accident. You never truly just get over something traumatic like that, you know? But hey, it’s not like Kyuhyun had much of a choice right now other than to break speed limits. He had to get to Beijing. Fast.

Before the SM Town idols left and, more importantly, before the got her claws on Kyuhyun’s man again.

‘I had to find out where they’re staying!’ the evil maknae retorted in his next text.

‘Stop texting while you’re driving!’ Hankyung ordered again.

‘Well, you stop texting me then so that I don’t have to reply anymore!’ The whining tone of the evil maknae could clearly be heard even if it was just a text message.

Hankyung, assumingly trying to keep his maknae alive and in one piece, did not reply again.

Kyuhyun was racing up the stairwell, cursing the gazillion steps and the gazillion guests in the hotel right now.

The evil maknae had to use the stairs to get all the way up to the seventh floor where Hankyung said DBSK’s hotel suite was. Apparently, apart from hosting SM Town idols, there was also another big event in the hotel. There was going to be a wedding in one of the hotel’s function rooms, and the hotel seemed to be overflowing with wedding guests. The three main elevators were all busy, moving up and down to get the wedding guests to wherever they needed to be, and even more guests were waiting at the lobby for their turn on the elevator.

There was no way that Kyuhyun would be patient enough to wait there and not murder everyone during the wait.

So, the evil maknae was now running up the stairs instead, panting and cursing the whole way. Never having been the most athletic person, he was already out of breath by just the third floor.

After what seemed an eternity of stairs, Kyuhyun finally got to the seventh floor of the hotel.

Down the corridor dashed Kyuhyun, skidding to a halt in front of the door of DBSK’s suite.

And he started knocking—banging—loudly on the door.

After a few seconds of knocking with no one opening the door, Kyuhyun started to get worried and frantic. (Of course, any reasonable person would think that just a few seconds wasn’t really enough time for someone to get to the door to open it, but we’ve long established that for such a self-proclaimed genius, Kyuhyun wasn’t entirely reasonable.)

And crazy and panicking thoughts started to flood Kyuhyun’s mind. What if he was too late?! What if DBSK had already left?! What if Victoria had already gotten to Changmin?!

The stressful thoughts made Kyuhyun pound even harder on the hotel door.

And a few more seconds later, the door was opened… by the DBSK maknae who was wearing a confused and slightly alarmed expression. Probably alarmed from the loud banging on his front door.

Changmin’s eyes widened in surprise as he saw that it was Kyuhyun standing there in front of him, with the Super Junior maknae wearing a kind of manic expression on his face.

“Kyuhyun—?” Changmin started to say, but Kyuhyun was already pushing past him and entering the DBSK suite.

“Where’s that ?!” Kyuhyun demanded, looking around the room for the person that he needed to kill erm, speak to, that is. The room seemed empty apart from Changmin, though. “Where is she?! Is she hiding?! What a coward!”

Changmin was just bewildered, closing the door and staring at Kyuhyun as though the Super Junior maknae had gone crazy. “Er, who exactly are you looking for, Kyu?”

“Victoria!”

Seemingly not expecting to hear that, Changmin’s eyes widened even more in surprise.

“Don’t you play innocent with me, Shim Changmin!” Kyuhyun snapped, seeing the surprised look on Changmin’s face and being sure that the DBSK maknae was just acting like he was surprised. “I know she’s here! Now, tell me where the hell she’s hiding so that I can pound into her brain the fact that you are mine!”

Changmin was just looking confused throughout Kyuhyun’s rant, but by the end of the rant, a small smile started to tug on the DBSK’s maknae lips.

What Changmin was smiling for, Kyuhyun had no clue.

And to be honest, he didn’t really care much about that in that moment.

He had more pressing matters to attend to! Such finding that woman and giving her a very much needed talking to!

“Where is she?!” Kyuhyun demanded yet again as he dropped on his knees and peered under the couch that was in the living area of the hotel suite. There wasn’t even enough room between the bottom of the couch and the floor for a kid to fit, let alone a full-grown woman, but Kyuhyun checked, anyway.

“Kyuhyun, Victoria’s not here. Why are you looking for her in the DBSK suite? Why are you looking for her in the first place?”

“Don’t lie to me! I know that she’s here! And that she’s trying to get you again!” Kyuhyun said angrily. He was now climbing on the couch to peer behind it and check that the woman that he was hunting wasn’t there. Of course, one would think that by peering under the couch, Kyuhyun would have already known if someone was crouching/sitting behind it, but hey, the Super Junior maknae felt that he had to be thorough with his search.

“And let me tell you something, Shim Changmin—that is not happening! You’re mine, and that better goddamn stay away!  Now, tell me where she’s hiding so that I can finally say all of this to her face!” Kyuhyun carried ranting angrily as he got off the couch and started to look around the living area for other possible hiding places.

Not much places where one could hide here. Maybe Kyuhyun should check the actual bedrooms?

And Kyuhyun’s blood boiled at the thought that Victoria might be hiding in Changmin’s bedroom. If that’s where that was hiding, there wouldn’t any talking anymore! No more words, just an actual bloodshed!

As Kyuhyun started to stalk to the bedrooms to check them one by one, he noticed DBSK’s things still scattered all over the hotel suite. How odd. Normally, if it was “leaving” day, idols’ things would be packed, and their bags would be ready and waiting to be brought to the cars.

“Why aren’t you all packed yet, anyway?” Kyuhyun had to ask as he threw open one of the bedroom doors and looked inside the room. No sign of the hunted here. Kyuhyun shut the door again.

“Packed?”

Kyuhyun wasn’t looking at Changmin at this point as he was busy looking into the second bedroom. Still no sign of that woman. She was better at hiding than Kyuhyun would have given her credit for!

“Well, yeah, aren’t you all SM idols leaving China already today? Shouldn’t you guys be packed by now?” Kyuhyun said as he now checked the last bedroom. Still no Victoria! Where the heck was she?!

The Super Junior maknae pulled the door close, frowning to himself. Where on earth could she be hiding?

“Uhm, no, we’re not.”

Those words had Kyuhyun looking back at Changmin again. “What do you mean?”

Changmin shook his head. “We’re not leaving today. Our scheduled return is next week, not today. And Victoria’s certainly not here. Why would she be? After I ended things between her and me, I made it crystal clear that I wanted nothing to do with her again. DBSK doesn’t really even collaborate with f(x) when it comes to work projects anymore. There’s no reason for Victoria to suddenly be coming here now.”

Kyuhyun was confused. He tilted his head to the side, scratching it, as he tried to make sense of Changmin’s words.

But… really, Changmin’s words didn’t make

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter