1:10

An Evil Maknae's Guide to Motherhood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, all! Here's the next chapter!

Sorry it's taking long lately. I've been a bit... uninspired. *sigh*

Hope you guys still enjoy this, anyhow.

Book 1: Impossible? It's Possible!

Chapter 10: Labor

The months went on.

Hankyung tried his best to juggle both his career and taking care of a certain evil demon residing in his house (and still keep his sanity intact somehow through it all).

Kyuhyun’s pregnancy progressed and now that he had reached the start of the ninth and final (thank freakin’ God, finally!) month, the evil maknae kept on complaining about his size and frequently wondered out loud if he was carrying a baby… or a young killer whale, looking at how big his stomach had gotten by now.

Hankyung outwardly rolled his eyes at these complaints of Kyuhyun, but inwardly agreed. Inwardly, because Kyuhyun would kill him if he found out that Hankyung indeed thought that Kyuhyun had gotten so big. So, Hankyung just kept him mouth shut tight and silent, and just went on removing anything breakable from level with Kyuhyun’s belly. It’s strange because there’s really no need to “baby proof” Hankyung’s house, since the baby and Kyuhyun would be moving to the remote, small town, but it was “baby proofed”, anyway. Or maybe Hankyung should say “baby belly proofed”. After Kyuhyun’s big stomach had bumped so many of antiques and figurines and various other expensive décor and sent them all crashing to the floor, Hankyung thought it best to keep the few remaining ones out of the evil maknae’s harm’s way.

It was a special skill of the evil maknae to cause destruction even when he didn't really mean to do so.

With the end of Kyuhyun’s pregnancy (Merlin, “Kyuhyun’s pregnancy” still sounds so strange and inconceivable to Kyuhyun’s ears, even after all these months) approaching, preparations needed to be arranged for the big day.

Of course, thanks to Hankyung’s foresight to prepare ahead, the baby’s things had been ready months ago.

Also, last month, Hankyung spent his pay check from a perfume endorsement (Kyuhyun had to no end at that particular project) and bought tons of baby books for Kyuhyun to read, which covered the topics of pregnancy, birthing, and the first months of a baby. Of course, Kyuhyun’s situation was… a bit different… from the usual cases discussed in the books, given that Kyuhyun was a man, but Hankyung still thought they’d be useful and made Kyuhyun read them all. Well, Kyuhyun assured him that whenever Hankyung was at work for the day, Kyuhyun always had his nose buried in those books, reading everything from cover to cover. And Hankyung actually believed him.

Bless Hankyung’s trusting soul.

Too trusting soul.

Any other Super Junior hyung would be suspicious, given that this is the evil maknae we’re talking about.

One more issue they had to work around with is that they can’t possibly bring Kyuhyun to a hospital when the baby arrives. For several reasons. 1.) Kyuhyun’s an idol, and as they’re trying to keep his whereabouts a secret- bringing him to a public place where there are many people who could recognize him is too risky. 2.) A pregnant man would cause quite a commotion, which is also something they’re trying to avoid. 3.) Let’s not forget the greatest reason- Kyuhyun’s strong feelings of pure hatred for hospitals.

Thankfully, they would be able to use Hankyung’s uncle’s clinic, and the farthest examination room in the place was converted as a temporary room for Kyuhyun and the baby to stay after the birth. Well, Hankyung was thankful that they could use the place. Kyuhyun just saw it as going from one form of evil to another. And not even the form of evil that the evil maknae likes. Even after all the check-ups he had attended throughout his pregnancy (which involved inflicted injuries, dramatic screams of terror, and expensive medical instruments getting destroyed), Kyuhyun still disliked the place, to say the least.

Overall, Hankyung thought they were already as prepared as they could be for the big day.

What he didn’t count on was the evil maknae’s streak making difficulties for that time.

He also didn’t count on the fact that the baby, already showing frightening similarities to Kyuhyun, would also be adding to the difficulties.

Because it threw all their preparation off-schedule when it decided to arrive early.

One night, Hankyung came back home looking nearly as dead as the undead.

He hadn’t felt this tired since he was still in SM and being overworked. But since Kyuhyun entered his ninth month of pregnancy, Hankyung thought he’d better get as much of his schedules done as soon as possible, so he could take a week (or two, if he was lucky) off later this month and “get some vacation time”. Well, that’s the reason he gave to his management, at least. The real reason is that when the baby arrives and it still just so fragile, he didn’t think his conscience could stand leaving it to an evil maknae, even if that evil maknae was his/her mother (insert Kyuhyun's angry correction of "Father! I'm the baby's father, goddammit!"). God only knew what kind of “brilliant idea” Kyuhyun might come up with. Hankyung was too wary.

“Kyuhyun, I’m going to bed already, okay?” Hankyung mumbled sleepily, once he had finished his usual chores. (See? Hankyung was a saint. He still did the chores. Kyuhyun was spoiled by his hyung.)

Kyuhyun, who was watching the television, made to open his mouth.

“I’ve already left your perfectly sliced cucumber pieces in the fridge, in case you feel like having a midnight snack,” Hankyung cut him off, predicting what the evil maknae was about to say.

“Thanks, hyung.” Kyuhyun grinned cutely. (And that’s one of the reasons why none of his hyungs could really resist spoiling him.)

“Don’t stay up too late.” And with that, Hankyung left for his bedroom.

True to his ‘evil maknae’ image, though, of course Kyuhyun stayed up late. It was already past two in the morning but he still went on watching bloody war movies. Hankyung would have an aneurysm if he knew, fearing what kind of diabolic ideas it could give to Kyuhyun. But Kyuhyun figured that since he couldn’t push through with his world domination plans with a baby coming, the least he could do was live vicariously through movies.

Kyuhyun was enjoying the sight of blood and gore, but the baby seemed to be moving too much. It was uncomfortable and distracting.

“Yah, Excalibur, why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter