3:7

An Evil Maknae's Guide to Motherhood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, all!

First, just a note about the previous chapter. Some of the lines in Chinese weren’t italicized when I posted the chapter. The corrections have been made now. Sorry for any confusion.

Here’s the next chapter. I hope you guys like it. ^_^

Book 3: The (Crazier) Toddler Years

Chapter 7: Teacher

During just Minhyun’s first year of pre-school, he had three different teachers. And no, it totally wasn’t Minhyun’s fault that the first two left! (Careful of blaming the little boy; his evil maknae mother won’t appreciate that.)

The first teacher was the elderly lady that they’d met during the first day. She was nice and sweet and kind of acted like a grandmother to her young students. Moreover, she bore well enough with Minhyun’s evil tendencies. He drove her crazy over him being a little evil minion, but she still managed to see his good and sweet side that he kept hidden under all the evilness (pretty much like his mother).

Minhyun’s one complaint about her was that she found him cute and therefore liked to pinch his cheek (or both cheeks, if he was ever that unlucky) due to his cuteness and adorableness. Minhyun would insist to her that he would be the future supreme overlord of the planet and that future supreme overlords are scary and terrifying. Not cute. She would only pinch his cheek again in response to this, though. She didn’t doubt anymore that Minhyun (and Kyuhyun) would indeed try to take over the world one day. Still, the little boy was such a cutie pie, in her opinion.

However, halfway through the school year, the elderly teacher got sick. She had to go through extensive medical care and had to retire a bit earlier than planned. (Minhyun made his mother take him to the hospital to visit the teacher, despite his claims to her that he was evil. The little boy even brought her flowers and didn’t complain for once when she thanked him, pinched his cheek, and called him “a sweetheart.”)

The new replacement that succeeded the elderly one was young and quite pretty. And was destined to become “the bane of Minhyun’s existence” during the short time that she taught the class.

Minhyun eyed the teacher curiously from across the classroom.

Even though he was a little evil genius, Minhyun couldn’t figure her out at all. She had been acting quite ... oddly.

The second teacher had been in charge of the classroom for just about a couple of weeks. Again, she was young and pretty. Dressed quite nicely. Smiled so much that her white, pearly teeth always showed. And she acted like a complete guardian angel to the kids whenever there were school administrators that observed in the classroom.

But looks were deceiving. That much Minhyun knew. C’mon, he himself can pull off looking totally good and innocent and then just surprise an unwitting person with his evilness (he’d learn well from his mother).

Because whenever the school administrators weren’t in the classroom, the teacher had a complete change of personality and acted a like a devil toward the students.

It wasn’t even the kind of devil like how Minhyun and his mother acted. Inspite of his young age, Minhyun totally knew that what she was doing was wrong. She terrorized Minhyun’s classmates, ordered them around like a drill sergeant, gave unfair and too harsh punishments (she once made one of Minhyun’s classmates kneel at the corner of the room for almost the entire day just for interrupting her lecture), and liked to belittle the young children.

She was a total terror teacher.

But... she wasn’t like that to Minhyun.

She smiled a lot at Minhyun (even though he could tell that the smiles were totally fake). She gave him more time to complete seatworks and activities (not that he needed more time since he was an evil genius). She praised him often. Whenever he did pranks and tricks, she made an obvious effort to control her towering temper. And she also give Minhyun extra food during snack time. The little boy had actually been hesitant of accepting the extra portions of snacks, wary of the teacher’s oddness (he still ate the snacks in the end, though; food was food).

Minhyun couldn’t get why she was trying to act nice toward him when she was unabashedly terrorizing his classmates. If she was a terror teacher, shouldn’t she be mean to him as well?

‘Maybe teacher’s scared of me?’ the little boy had wondered during her first week of teaching. But that didn’t seem to be the answer, either...

Adding more to the teacher’s oddness (and being the real source of the little boy’s annoyance) was how she kept talking to Minhyun about his “handsome umma” (like most people in the small town, the teacher had just assumed that “umma” was the Korean term for “father”).

Since her first day teaching and she saw Kyuhyun bring his son to school, she’d asked Minhyun non-stop about his mother!

“Minhyun, it’s already five minutes past dismissal time. When is your umma picking you up? He is picking you up, right? By the way, do you think my dress is pretty enough? Do you think he’ll like it?”

“Make sure you tell your umma that your gorgeous teacher stamped your hand with three stars today, okay, Minhyun?”

“What kind of food does your umma like?” (Minhyun didn’t appreciate that she only asked about what his mother liked and not about what he liked as well.)

Minhyun couldn’t understand why she was so interested about his mother. What was the strange woman trying to accomplish?

It was made clear to him by his classmates soon one day.

The lady had just confiscated Minhyun’s classmate’s toy robot. She gave the child a thorough scolding before walking away with the toy, leaving the young boy tearful.

“Teacher’s so mean!” A young girl beside the boy whispered as she stared after their teacher.

The young boy just sniffled a bit. Then, he turned to Minhyun. “She seems to like you, though, Minhyun.”

Minhyun just frowned. He was pretty sure that the teacher’s niceness to him was fake. He was an evil genius—he could tell!

But the young girl just said, “She’s only nice to Minhyun ‘cause she likes Minhyun’s dad!”

“What do you mean?” Minhyun asked her quickly.

The girl checked to make sure that the teacher was far from them. “She fancies your umma! Bet teacher thinks that being nice to you will help her get your dad!”

Minhyun was horrified at what he was hearing (which was saying a lot, since Minhyun usually was the manifestation of people’s pure horror instead). “What?! Whatcha mean she likes my umma? Like—like romantically?”

“Uh-huh.”

Minhyun turned quickly to look at the teacher again, his eyes narrowed and suspicious. What his classmate said better not be true! Minhyun refused to be used like that. And no way he’d allow the mean teacher anywhere near his mother! Nuh-uh!

If she was indeed trying to get Minhyun’s mother, then she’ll be messing with Kyuhyun’s little evil minion.

And there will be consequences!

One afternoon, about a month after the second teacher started ruling over the classroom, she handed a plastic container of cookies to Minhyun during dismissal.

“Cookies!” Minhyun cheered happily, forgetting for a moment that the woman that he was currently dealing was the “not good” kind of evil (if that even makes any sense). The little boy often always got sidetracked by food easily.

“Make sure you give those to your umma, Minhyun.”

Minhyun’s smile fell off his face at once. The cookies were for his mother? Just for his mother?

“I can’t have any?” the little boy asked the teacher blankly. It was incomprehensible to Minhyun that he wasn’t allowed to have cookies!

“Well,” the teacher frowned a bit. “I suppose you can have one. But make sure you give the entire package to your dad first. And that he eat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter