1:4

An Evil Maknae's Guide to Motherhood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, guys! Here's the next part! :D

Book 1: Impossible? It's Possible!

Chapter 4: Aftermath

“Hyung.”

Hankyung felt a finger gently poke his cheek. He refused to wake up and open his eyes, though.

“Hyung!”

There was more pressure in the poke this time.

“Hankyung.”

So, honorifics are to be forgotten now, huh? And the poke that accompanied it this time was actually kind of painful.

“Hangeng.”

The annoyance resorted to his real, Chinese name. The poke now really hurt.

“HANKYUNG HYUNG!!!”

The return of the honorifics apparently came with the increase in decibels.

And Hankyung’s eyes snapped open because of a poke that he swore was so strong that it could have left a hole right through his cheek.

Hankyung sat upright, hand rubbing his painful cheek, and glared at the “innocently” smiling evil maknae that was standing by his bed. Yes, he glared, because his kind and gentle soul does not make an appearance this early in the morning. Especially not what he was still supposed to be sleeping.

“What, Kyuhyun?!” the older demanded. "This better be important!"

And Hankyung would only count something life-threatening as 'important' this early in the morning.

“Yeah. I’m hungry.”

It’s been a week since Kyuhyun suddenly showed up in Hankyung’s apartment, and since then, the younger has been hiding and living in his ex-member’s home.

Only a week.

And yet it felt to Hankyung as though it had been an eternity already.

It felt like he’s been living with the devil for an eternity.

Though Hankyung supposed that he should still count himself lucky, so far. Whenever he wasn’t away working for the past week, he had to entertain the whims of the younger man. But really, a demanding Kyuhyun still wasn’t the worst “kind” of Kyuhyun, after all. Pestering Hankyung to make him drinks and cook this and that for him was still quite "nice" of Kyuhyun, and far from the maknae’s usual acts of “evil” that he’d been known to unleash upon his hyungs.

Hankyung wasn't sure how long his luck would hold out, though.

“You know where the kitchen is- go make something yourself!” Hankyung grumbled irritably, falling back down on his bed. He had gotten back way past midnight last night, thanks to a drama shooting that ran late, and he had planned to sleep in this morning. But, of course, trust Kyuhyun- being the evil maknae that he was- to ruin that plan.

“You want me to cook in your kitchen?” Kyuhyun said skeptically, raising an eyebrow. “Remembering the events that led to Wookie hyung declaring a permanent ban from the kitchen against me?”

Hankyung froze. His blood ran cold.

Because yes, that memory was still quite vivid in his brain.

It had happened many years ago, and Hankyung was still in Super Junior then. He still remembered it all. The loud explosion that had alarmed them all. The sight of finding Kyuhyun standing in the middle of the wreckage that used to be their kitchen. The many tears that Ryeowook had shed at the sight of what he used to consider his kingdom and territory. The shock that had been too great for Leeteuk to be even angry. The mess that had taken many hours to clean, even when there was still 13 Super Junior members and they had all been helping in the clean-up. The explanation that they had to give to the management about how "no, they weren't trying to develop weapons of man's destruction in their kitchen. It was just Kyuhyun cooking."

No, Hankyung definitely did not want a repeat of that in his home now. Especially not when there weren’t other members around to help fix the resulting disaster, thank you!

“On second thought, just wait until I wake up properly in a couple of hours,” Hankyung said hastily. Then, he rolled over and turned away from Kyuhyun, intent on getting back to his precious, much-needed sleep.

“You’re evil, hyung.”

Hankyung couldn’t believe that he was hearing that from Kyuhyun- the evil maknae extraordinaire himself.

“Look who’s talking, you evil maknae!” Hankyung scoffed, glancing back at him.

“Yeah? Well, you’re being cruel to a child!” Kyuhyun retorted.

Hankyung frowned. Cruel to a child? What? He knew Kyuhyun would never refer to himself as a ‘child’, so what on earth was he talking about, then?

“What do you mean?” the older asked.

Kyuhyun just turned around instead of replying.

As he walked across Hankyung’s room towards the door, he looked down at his stomach and patted it, saying with a mournful expression, “Sorry, kid. Looks like you’re going to have to starve for another couple of hours. All because a mean, deplorable person would rather have you starve than leave his bed. Oh, you poor, poor thing!”

The evil maknae paused at the bedroom door and glanced surreptitiously back at Hankyung, who was now sitting up again and giving Kyuhyun a disbelieving and appalled look.

“Oh, you are low, Cho Kyuhyun!” Hankyung exclaimed indignantly. “You- you cannot just use a child like that! Most- most of all?... No, especially. Especially an unborn child!”

“It’s to get both of us breakfast, anyway,” Kyuhyun shrugged casually, smirking. “Besides, it’s my kid. Of course it should be helping me get what I want and spread evil… Well, don’t take too long getting ready, hyung. You wouldn’t want to leave a baby waiting and hungry, would you?”

And with that, Kyuhyun walked out of Hankyung’s room.

Hankyung was left to ponder on how much the child would increase Kyuhyun’s evil power when it was born, when it was already doing things like this while still in the womb. He shuddered delicately at the thought.

Because his conscience couldn’t take it, Hankyung prepared a huge feast of a breakfast, even if it was his day off and he should be taking it easy today (Oh, if only he could find a way not to starve the child as well, while refusing to give food to the evil creature that was carrying it!). But the food was all just for Kyuhyun, and as he was still too sleepy and grumpy and tired to make something for himself, Hankyung just contented himself with a cup of steaming, strong coffee (one needed extra shots of caffeine when dealing with an evil maknae this early in the morning). He slumped off to the living room to drink it, still mildly annoyed (mostly at himself, for caving to the wishes of the evil maknae just like that) to be in the smug Kyuhyun’s presence.

Kyuhyun didn’t feel all too guilty about this, since it really was just coffee that Hankyung needed the most in mornings. It was like the magical potion that would activate the usual, kindly Hankyung to replace the sleepy, grouchy dragon that Hankyung was if woken up any time before 9 a.m.

As Kyuhyun happily gorged himself with the many dishes that Hankyung cooked (pregnancy was turning him into a food monster like a certain ex-boyfriend of his), he heard the sound of the television being .

A few moments later, he heard his hyung give a loud gasp. And it was followed by Hankyung’s suddenly sharp call.

“Kyuhyun!”

Being the “obedient” dongsaeng that he was, Kyuhyun simply ignored him and carried on concentrating on slurping his noodles.

Hankyung called him again, this time sounding more urgent. “Kyuhyun, get your bottom over here! Now!”

“The better word to use is ‘’, hyung!” Kyuhyun called back to him. “I’m a bottom.”

He heard Hankyung growl. Well, that was unusual, because he had a feeling it wasn't even about the innuendo he had just made. In the very backmost part of his mind, where he put things that he noticed but didn’t really care about, Kyuhyun wondered what it was that made Hankyung suddenly so tense.

“Just get over here!”

Muttering darkly, Kyuhyun got up from his seat and walked over to the living room.

“What, hyung?” he scowled. “You know, you’re keeping the baby from its food and-“

But Hankyung ignored Kyuhyun’s new attempt at his conscience and pointed at the TV. “Look.”

Kyuhyun glanced at it.

And his heart stopped for a second.

The television was on a Chinese news channel that was currently on the foreign entertainment segment, and Kyuhyun saw s for the first time in over a week on the TV screen. A clip of Super Junior’s interview with a Korea-based Chinese magazine was being shown.

Kyuhyun’s Chinese was far from perfect, but he understood enough to know that the interviewer was mentioning his recent absence from the group and was asking s about it. He could also read the line flashed at the bottom of the screen in Chinese characters- “Super Junior’s Kyuhyun Missing from Group Activities”.

“They’re starting to notice your absence,” Hankyung unnecessarily informed him. The older man’s eyes were worried, his previously grumpy expression now replaced with a grim one.

Of course they were starting to notice it. In the past week that Kyuhyun had been hiding in China alone, he knew that he had missed a good number of Super Junior’s schedules already.

“And pretty soon they’ll also notice that I’m not attending my solo projects, either,” Kyuhyun sighed gloomily, sitting down beside Hankyung. It was only a matter of time, after all.

The China man and the evil maknae both watched apprehensively for how the members would answer the interviewer’s question on Kyuhyun’s whereabouts.

To those

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter