4:13

An Evil Maknae's Guide to Motherhood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: And here is the next chapter, as promised! :D

The start of the final round of drama and action :P

Book 4: Blast from the Past

Chapter 13: Decision

Xiari was in heaven.

Sure, her normally orderly, spick and span apartment was now in chaos. Her small home had been invaded and flooded by loud, rowdy, and crazy people. But hey, if it was her favorite Super Junior (with DBSK as a bonus) flooding her apartment, who was she to complain, right?

As she looked around her tiny living room, where the K-pop idols had spread out, she wondered if she had died and gone to heaven. Her favorite K-pop artists were in her home! How crazy unbelievable was that?!

She must have died and gone to heaven. This was an ELF’s heaven.

And best of all, right there, sitting on her comfiest armchair, was YESUNG! Her beloved YESUNG was in her apartment! Oh, yes, this Cloud was currently in cloud9.

“Will you stop looking at my hyung like that? It’s scary,” Kyuhyun, who was quite annoyed about Hankyung getting laid before he could, grumbled irritably as he stood beside Xiari.

“What’s wrong with the way that I’m looking at him?!” Xiari demanded, annoyed that the maknae had interrupted her from the high that she was feeling due to having Yesung, and the rest of Super Junior too of course, in her apartment.

“You look like you want eat him, or tie him up, or something,” the maknae said bluntly.

Yesung heard their conversation and looked alarmed. Why was this happening to him? He evacuated Kyuhyun’s apartment to be away from Hanchul’s lovemaking noises, only to end up in the apartment of an ELF—a Cloud—who was obsessed with him! Yesung couldn’t decide which apartment would be better for him—which apartment would offer him more chances of survival.

“I’m not looking at him like that!” Xiari denied. Okay, so she had been staring at Yesung. But come on, she was pretty sure that her stare was just full of love and adoration! None of the craziness that the maknae was spewing!

Just then, there was the sound of the front door being unlocked.

Everyone froze.

All the SM idols were worried. Who was that? Were they about to be found? Should they hide? If there was even enough room to hide so many idols in this small apartment?

Before anyone could get over the initial shock and panic, though, Xiari’s front door already opened, and there stood a man. He was averagely fair-looking, slim, and slightly-built. His thin frame was still quite-well toned and with strong muscles, though. He was wearing a plain black shirt, cameo pants, and black leather boots.

“Daddy!” Lin shouted, as she jumped off from the sofa was she had been seating between Junsu and Ryeowook. The man crouched down, and Lin jumped into his arms, the two of them hugging tightly.

The SM idols relaxed. Ah, so this must be Xiari’s husband!

Xiari was actually distracted from Yesung, and a happy and warm smile graced her face as she saw that her husband was home again. However, the smile was quickly gone when she heard the next words out of her daughter’s mouth.

Having finished hugging her father, Lin pulled away a bit from the man and with a smirk told her father, “Dad, guess what? Mom’s already going to leave you!”

And Xiari’s husband looked at his daughter in confusion. “What?”

“I am not doing anything like that!” Xiari cried out in exasperation, as she went over to her husband and her child, gently pulling Lin away from her father. “I’ve told you before, Lin honey, that was just a joke!”

The man was about to ask his wife about what was going on. Then, he finally got a good view of his living room. He had been so happy and excited when his daughter came running to him that he didn’t notice at first that it wasn’t just his family who was in his house. He now realized that his living room was filled strangers. All men. Except… they weren’t quite strangers to him.

Some of them looked awfully familiar.

He had seen those faces before… on his wife’s posters.

“Xiari,” he wearily sighed. “Please tell me that you did not just kidnap K-pop idols.”

“I didn’t kidnap them!” Xiari immediately denied. “They came here on their own! Seriously, we haven’t seen each other for weeks, and the first thing that you do now is accuse me of kidnapping?!”

“Well, you can’t blame him for thinking that,” Kyuhyun grinned as he walked toward his neighbors. “It’s quite a possibility for someone like you.”

Xiari glared at the evil maknae as Kyuhyun shook Xiari’s husband’s hand in greeting.

Kyuhyun had met the man a few times over the years when the man would be able to get vacations from the military to go home and be with his family. At first, Kyuhyun had been a bit surprised when he had first met the man; he wondered what made Xiari fall for the man. Given Xiari’s obsession with K-pop idols, Kyuhyun had expected her to be with someone who was also like an idol. But Xiari’s husband wasn’t exceptionally handsome, and Kyuhyun also knew from that one night that they all had karaoke together that the man can’t sing a tune to save his life. So yes, quite far from Yesung’s art-like voice. So, Kyuhyun wondered what made Xiari fall for the man. Until he saw how devoted the man was to Xiari. He loved her and accepted her craziness. Kyuhyun only had to see how much the man cared for his wife and his daughter to let him understand why Xiari fell in love with the man. He was a good man, husband, and father.

Sure enough, the man chuckled good-naturedly now. “Yes, it’s something that my crazy fangirl wife is likely to do.”

Xiari pouted at the teasing, but her husband pulled her now into a hug. And she hugged him back tightly, having missed him a lot during the time that he was away. The man gave her a brief but loving kiss.

“Anyway, sorry about invading your home,” Kyuhyun now said a bit more seriously. “The idols from my old company had found out where I am. They had been staying in my apartment since yesterday, but we had to evacuate my apartment just a while ago.”

The man raised his eyebrows. “Did you burn your kitchen again when you were trying to cook, Kuixian?” he inquired, making the SM idols who could understand enough Chinese laugh. The man had heard about Kyuhyun’s exploits in the kitchen from his wife.

“I did not!” Kyuhyun scowled. “It’s just that Hangeng and his ex are… ‘fixing up their relationship’ in my guest bedroom.”

“Oh…”

Xiari now pulled her husband farther into the living room so that he was in better view of everyone.

“Guys, this is my husband, Jin,” she introduced him to the room at large. “Sweetheart, these are Super Junior and DBSK.”

And there were greetings and hellos from everyone, but before anyone in particular could talk to Jin, Xiari hurriedly pulled her husband once more so that they were in front of their comfiest armchair. Where Yesung was.

And Xiari’s husband immediately recognized who Yesung was.

How could he not, when Yesung’s face was in most of the merchandise that his wife kept in the guest bedroom? Well, it used to be the guest bedroom at least. Their apartment had three bed rooms—Xiari and Jin’s bedroom, Lin’s bedroom, and the guest bedroom. The guest bedroom where Xiari kept most of her stuff. It wasn’t until Jin came home one time only to find that the guest bedroom didn’t have a bed anymore to make room for more of Xiari’s Super Junior items that Jin suspected that their guest bedroom had really been turned into Xiari’s K-pop collection room.

But anyway, he only had to glance at Yesung’s face once to know who this K-pop idol was.

Yesung, polite and well-mannered as ever, stood up when Xiari and Jin went in front of him. He bowed and shook Jin’s hand. “Hello. It’s nice to meet you,” he did his best to say in Chinese.

“Yes, it’s nice to meet you as well. Though it would be even nicer if you could promise me that you won’t try to steal my wife,” Jin said with a wry grin on his face.

Yesung choked and spluttered upon hearing that. “I’m not—I don’t—Of course not—” he struggled to find the right words. And it wasn’t even because he was having difficulty with the language. After all, it wasn’t every day that you were asked not to steal someone else’s spouse, right? And hey, Yesung might be weird, but he definitely had no plans of stealing someone else’s wife! Besides, why would he steal Xiari when Xiari kind of scared him. A bit.

“Ha ha. Very funny,” Xiari told her husband sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

“Hey, I have to make sure that I don’t lose you.”

Xiari just sighed and hugged him. “Of course you won’t, silly.”

At that point, Changmin now came forward to introduce himself. “Hello. I’m Shim Changmin.”

“Ah, you’re Kuixian’s ex-boyfriend?” Jin asked with a small smile as he shook Changmin’s hand. “Though judging from how close you two are now, I would guess that you two have already fixed your relationship?”

“Yes, we have,” Changmin smiled. Then, he smirked, unable to resist teasing Xiari and Yesung. “And you, on the other hand, must be the man who managed to capture Xiari’s heart despite her great obsession with Yesung. That’s already an amazing achievement, man.”

Jin laughed. “Yes, it is, isn’t it?”

“Uncle Jin!” Minhyun said happily. “Guess what? I have my appa now! My father! And I also met my uncles from Super Junior and DBSK!”

“That’s great, Minhyun!” Jin replied. “And you’ve enjoyed being with your father and your uncles!”

“Yes!” Minhyun nodded eagerly. “Appa and my uncles are awesome! I think Auntie Xiari wants to keep Uncle Yesungie with her, though!”

Everyone in the room burst out laughing, except Xiari who turned red and Yesung who could only sigh exasperatedly.

“Why is everyone hell bent on teasing me today?” Xiari asked no one in particular.

“Well, your obsession with Yesung is so obvious if even the little boy has noticed it,” Sungmin told her.

“Seriously, though,” Xiari told her husband now. “We really are keeping Yesung now.”

“WHAT?!” Yesung yelped. Someone tell him that he had just misunderstood Xiari’s Chinese words and that the woman wasn’t actually planning to keep him here?! Judging from the hilarity on s’ faces, though, it looked like that was really what Xiari had said. Good Lord…

“You don’t mind, do you, sweetheart? We can keep him here in our house, right?” Xiari smiled sweetly at her husband. That smile that usually made the man cave to her wishes, whether it was going to yet another Super Show or Jin having to haul and carry so many of the merchandise that Xiari had purchased.

But this time, her husband knew that he just had to put his foot down.

“Dear, even I won’t be able to protect you from jail if you kidnap a K-pop idol,” Jin just sighed, shaking his head.

“It’s not kidnapping if he’s willing to stay here with us!” Xiari protested.

Meanwhile, Yesung was shaking his head vehemently behind her.

“Unless shaking one’s head actually means ‘yes’ instead in Korea, I would say that no, he doesn’t want to stay here,” Jin said dryly.

Xiari turned to see Yesung shaking his head, and she pouted.

Fortunately for Yesung, the Chinese woman now went to inquiring about her husband’s work and his health, fussing over him and getting him something to eat (of course, she also had to get snacks for Changmin and Minhyun, because those two wouldn’t be happy if they were left out when it comes to food). Yesung let out a sigh of relief.

However, Kangin leaned in closer to him, saying with a smirk. “Don’t feel so relieved already, hyung. I have a feeling Xiari hasn’t given up in trying to keep you here.”

Yesung groaned.

The rest of the morning passed quickly, with everyone just laughing and having a good time. Xiari and Lin were of course overjoyed that Jin was back (adding to Xiari’s happiness about Yesung being in her apartment). Changmin, Kyuhyun, and most of their hyungs had spoiled Minhyun with attention and affection. Lunchtime came, and a big meal was prepared. You know, since there were a lot of people and since Changmin and Minhyun were food monsters. (Before eating, Donghae did ask, “Should we get Hankyung hyung and Heechul hyung and tell them to eat lunch with us?” “You want to go over there and risk hearing their noises again?” Shindong shot at him. “…On second thought, they can just come here on their own to eat whenever they get done.”)

As the afternoon wore on and the sun was beginning to set, Minhyun was in a very good mood. He had been playing with uncles using some of Lin’s board games, and most expectedly, he was beating them all!

“He’s good at video games and board games?” Eunhyuk whined as Minhyun’s marker was once again the first to reach the finish line on the board. Minhyun happily cheered and clapped his hands, and his uncles all congratulated him. Except Eunhyuk, of course, who was once again lamenting his defeat.

“Well, of course he is! He is my son!” GameKyu told Eunhyuk proudly, making the older man roll his eyes.

Just then, there was a knock on the front door. Jin got up and opened it. “Ah, two more K-pop idols,” he smiled as he let Hangeng and another beautiful man enter his house.

“Oh, you’re back, Jin?” Hankyung grinned as he clapped the man’s shoulder.

Actually, Hankyung had a wide grin on his face even before he greeted Jin. Both he and Heechul had that happy and satisfied looks on their faces. Looks that could have only come from being ually sated after many rounds of good ing.

The Super Junior and DBSK members smirked at Hankyung and Heechul knowingly.

Well, Kyuhyun didn’t. He just glared at Hankyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter