❦ Chapter 9 ~ In love ❦

My Happy Virus || 엑소 찬열
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey!"

"Aww." You groaned in agony as you rub your forehead. You looked at the person in front of you.

"Why did you do that?" You asked in a small voice while pouting. She smiled at you sweetly.

"Cookie, you need to wake up from your daydream. You've been staring at your empty plate since I left to take a shower," she said as she stared at you, like she's looking for something in your eyes. "And cookie, that was an hour ago. But here you are, still trying to melt that poor plate with your gaze." You leaned back on your chair with a sigh.

"Tell me what's bothering you, cookie." Your mother cooed you as she sit beside you. You hesitated telling it to her because you feel embarrassed but you wanted her to know it anyway. 

You faced her with your serious face then started telling her what happened yesterday at the seashore.

"... He-he said that he-he..." You stuttered saying the last part while blood rushed up to your cheeks. Your mother is raising her eyebrow as if she's getting what you're trying to say.

"That he likes you." Your mother finished it for you. She smiled at the thought that someone likes her daughter. This isn't the first time someone confessed to you but it felt so refreshing and felt so new to you. 

You put your head down in embarrassment as your mother chuckled at your adorable act. She used her hands to make you look at her. 

"Cookie, it's okay. He said he likes you and I can see that you like him too. Why not know him more? It's not that bad to try again, right? It's been years, (y/n). You shouldn't let the past bother you in the present." Your mother said as she run her fingers on your hair lovingly.

"But mom," you look into her eyes as she stared back with an encouraging smile. "I'm scared." You whispered as you hugged her. She rubbed your back comfortingly.

"Cookie..." 

"I don't know what to do. Jin is back, mom. He's confusing me. I don't know what to believe." You cried as pain became more visible in your voice. 

"Sssh. Stop crying now, cookie. Whatever you decide, I'm always here. I'll never leave you. That's mom's promise to you." That calmed you but you still don't know what to say to Chanyeol.

ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ

You looked up from the book you've been reading for almost 2 hours but you're still on the 10th page of it. You put the book down beside you as you lean back on your bed. You stared blankly at the ceiling.

"Arghh. What's happening to you, (y/n)? Have you gone crazy? Just because he said he likes you? You should be enjoying weekends, right? Why are you overreacting? Don't tell me you really like him too?" 

You are alone in your room. Yes, you are talking to yourself. It would be scary if you're alone then someone spoke to you, right? 

"No! I don't like him! He's the crazy one! I'm not overreacting either. I'm just not in the mood to enjoy this weekend." You said to yourself answering your own questions. You are clearly denying your hidden feelings. You looked outside of your window. 

'Don't I really like him? Even just a little bit? Just a scratch?' You thought. Your cheeks redden as you realized what you just thought. 

You closed your eyes as you laid back on your bed. 

'Why do I even let this get into me?' You thought as you hugged a pillow to your chest. 

"First, I just like staring at you.."

You shook your head with your eyes still closed. You can visualize how Chanyeol looked at you as the wind disheveled his soft hair, how he looked so beautiful even his hair was messed up. You screamed at the pillow. It was obvious that you are greatly disturbed by his gorgeousness.

"I like you. Can you like me back and be my girlfriend?" 

You opened your eyes as you saw Chanyeol's face forming in your mind. You found the ceiling interesting again. You breathed deeply and finally said, 

"I think I'm really in love." 

ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ

You were walking on the sidewalk silently but you suddenly heard feet running to your direction. Chanyeol suddenly came into your mind. 

A pair of arms suddenly caught your waist. Your eyes widen at the sudden contact. Thinking that it was Chanyeol, your cheeks quickly went

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter