❦ Chapter 15 ~ Broken Cold Heart ❦

My Happy Virus || 엑소 찬열
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The continuous teardrops that your eyes produce felt like falling for forever. Your hands that feel so numb as your fingers pierce through your skin. Your legs that feel so weak and useless sitting on the floor. Your gaped mouth that feels so dry that it might break when you try to move it. 

Your heart that beats so fast that it might run around the world just for seconds. The difference is that, your heart is beating not because of happiness and excitement but with sadness and betrayal. You feel so stupid for falling for his trap. 

Why do you even fall so easily like just slipping on a wet floor? 

Your heart is too naïve to notice things. You didn't even think again that Chanyeol might be the guy who'll hurt you more than Jin did. You were too focus on analyzing your feelings for him that you haven't thought of hurting yourself in the process. 

That's the problem with people, they love too much but unconsciously making theirselves stupid. 

You stood up, holding onto the door knob for support. When you heard his footsteps running away, you just stared at the door, trying to glare at him through it. But no, your eyes just softened as you see his face in your mind. 
Your feelings can't be erased that easily.

"Why are you so stupid, (y/n)?" You whispered to yourself, knocking your head gently on the door.

ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ

"You're not weak, (y/n). You. Are. Not. Weak." 

"You can't see him right now. You'll just cry."

"No, (y/n). You should go back. He'll think you're so weak."

"Hell! Just-"

You stopped on your tracks.

You've been walking back and forth on the corridor. Your classroom is just on the next hallway and you're still hesitating what to do. There are just 2 options.

1) You'll go back to your classroom, face Chanyeol and act like nothing happened. In short, act like you're strong and didn't cry minutes ago.

Or...

2) You'll go to the garden even if classes are on going, have your first time cutting classes on record and cry there for Cheesecake's sake. In short, you're gonna be weak in front of the flowers and stop acting so strong for an hour.

Of course, you chose the option where you're good at. The option what will make you feel better. The option what you think is better for you. 

You turned to the direction where you can find the gate to the garden. Yeah, you chose to be alone for a moment. You chose the option to be weak for a moment.

You locked the garden's gate and sat on the bench near the cherry blossom tree. The pink leaves fall down like your tears earlier but the difference is that, the leaves look beautiful when it fall but your tears or should I say, your face, doesn't really look good when tears flow on your cheeks. 

You leaned your back on the bench and looked up at the pink leaves waving at you.

"Oh." You silently exclaimed as you closed your eyes. 

"I've just been tricked again into a new trap. Great. Just great." You whispered to yourself as you knocked your head as if trying to knock some senses in it. 

"Why do I have to be so stupid again?" You complained to yourself. 

"You're not stupid. You're just numb, honey." 

You quickly turned your head to the direction where you heard his voice. That voice you'll never forget. Your eyes were wide in surprise but quickly, your eyebrows furrowed together in confusion with a little anger. 

"What are you still doing here, huh? You should be gone by now. You're just a guest here." You said as you looked away, sniffing like a dog. 

You heard him chuckling as his footsteps got closer. You moved yourself away from him as possible the distance can be. 

He sat on the other edge of the bench but didn't bother to get closer to you, in your relief. You awkwardly wiped your cheeks, eyes and nose. After a minute of silence and wiping your face. He cleared his throat and spoke, not turning to you.

"So what were you crying about?" 

"You don't need to know." You said with your usual cold voice. 

You heard his chuckle again that annoyed you. You harshly looked at him with an irritated look. 

"Well, I'm still your father-"

"You lost your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter