❦ Chapter 10 ~ The Truth ❦

My Happy Virus || 엑소 찬열
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You saw Chanyeol standing on the corridor as you walk away from Jin. You waved at him as he stared at you. Something sparkled in his eyes like he just saw the most wanted treasure in the world. 

You stopped walking as he made his way towards you, keeping the eye contact with you as he take his steps closer to you. When he got closer, you found yourself getting scared of him. 

The sparkling in his eyes were gone. Cold and lifeless stare welcomed you as he stopped in front of you. 

You swore you held your breath as he closed his eyes and leaned his face closer to yours. You can't help but to do the same. 

Before his lips landed on yours, you heard him say, 

"I'm sorry, (y/n)..." 

And a teardrop fell on his cheek.

ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ

"Aww." You groaned in pain as you tried to get up from your unexpected fall. 

Yes, yes, obviously, you just fell from your bed. But even if you feel your body ache from your fall, you can't help but to think about your dream.

"What kind of dream is that?" You mumbled to yourself as you stand up holding your hips. You looked at your bed and saw it that it's very messy. I mean, when I say messy, it's really messy. Your eyebrows furrowed in annoyance. 

"Did I really sleep messily? Why does this bed looks like it just came from a trash can? Urgh." You said as you dragged yourself out of your room, feeling lazy to fix your bed first, and walked straight in the bathroom. 

As you get out of your room, done with your morning sessions and ready for school, you saw a note on the left door of the refrigerator. You looked around and noticed that your mom's not around. You read the note and it says, 

'Goodmorning, cookie! 
Mom went to work early because it's 50% sale in the market today. If I go there at noon time, it'll be hard to squeeze myself with so many people just to get to the sale. Anyway, I cooked kimchi spaghetti for your lunch later. There are shanghai rolls in the oven, just heat it up for breakfast. Lock the door when you leave. Goodluck for your school today! 
I love you!

♡ Mom'

You smiled at your mom's thoughtful note. You put the sticky note back on the ref's door and started to heat the shanghai rolls in the oven. 

ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ

You locked the door of your house and looked from left to right like you're hiding from someone, which is partly correct but you're seriously just assuming that he'll be here to walk with you. 

After acting like a spy and all, you walked normally on the sidewalk with a frown. You don't really know why but you felt disappointed that he's not here. You looked back, hoping that he's there but no familiar tall, handsome and happy guy around. You sighed and was about to face front when--

"Hey. Watch where you're going, beautiful." 

You rubbed your forehead as it collided with a hard chest. You glared at the person but your gaze soften when you saw who it was. You suddenly felt conscious about your appearance. You straightened your uniform and held on your back pack tightly as you looked back at him.

"Oh. Hey there, Chanyeol." You said acting weirdly sweet. He raised his eyebrow at you in suspicion. 

"Hmm. We're in a good mood, aren't we?" He teased then held your hand like it's normal for him to do so. You on the other hand, felt your face burning. You gulped slowly as you tried to hide the redness from your face by puffing your cheeks. Chanyeol noticed it and looked at you in his peripheral vision because if you knew that he's enjoying watching you act cute, for sure you're going to pop like the pimple on a Pimple-Free commercial.

Chanyeol finds it adorable. He finds you so indescribably cute. He chuckled to himself for thinking like a hopeless romantic. He shouldn't be acting this way but like in cliche stories, something made you so magnetic and he was attracted by you. 

Maybe this is what they call 'love', or is it really?

"Aissh." Chanyeol muttered as he shook his head. Your attention was moved towards Chanyeol as he mumbled things to himself like, 'You're just being your crazy self, Park Chanyeol', 'You just need to eat and it will all go away.' Or 'You're totally not the bad guy, he is the selfish one.'

"Tsk tsk. You're not just a weird guy with two huge ears, you're crazy too." You teased back at him. He looked at you and his eyes widened as he realized that you heard all of his murmurings. You can't help but to laugh at his face.

"You-you look so funny right now!" You laughed your head off as you halt on your tracks. Seeing Chanyeol's eyes widen as his ears, add that his mouth was slightly opened, anyone who would've seen it must have laughed their heads off with you. 

As you finished laughing, you looked at Chanyeol, who's smiling awkwardly at you, you just laughed again. You don't know what has gotten to you and you're laughing like an idiot. Few of the people in the street, on their way to their workplac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter