❦ Chapter 23 ~ Promise ❦

My Happy Virus || 엑소 찬열
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol didn't fall asleep peacefully. Your words struck him so hard that he can't help but to feel so bad.

You're right, everything you said was right.

But Chanyeol believed himself that most of what he did was not for Hayoung, but for you only. 

The little cute actions he made to make you smile, being sweet everytime, making you laugh your head off, taking care of you, being protective over you, and the "I love you"s he had said for several times, are all just for you. Not for Hayoung. Not for anyone but you.

He's stupid, yeah that's a given, and it's all his fault because he was blind in love for Hayoung before. Regrets filled his heart when he saw your eyes full of tears because of him. His heart cracked as the words he was afraid the most came out of your mouth. He's hurt. But he knew you were 100x hurt than he is. 

Being hurt for 3 times already is such a hurtful thing to have. Having your heart healed for two times and then being freshly wounded again at the same part. It even hurts to think about it. 

Chanyeol stopped his tracks when he arrived in front of your house. He was about to knock on your door when it opened. 

"Oh. Chanyeol, you're here. I thought you came earlier?" 

Chanyeol's eyebrows furrowed when your father told him that. Chanyeol looked behind your father. Your father knew what he was looking for.

"If you're looking for (y/n), she already went to school. I was surprised too when I saw her wake up so early. I thought you came to pick her up but it totally looks like not." Your father said as he crossed his arms over his chest. Chanyeol's eyes went dimmer as the thought of you avoiding him passed his mind.

"You know what, kid? My daughter is stronger than you thought. I saw that you changed her from being gloomy to being happy. You made her smile that I want to see everyday. She's conscious on how she looks now. All thanks to you." Your father said as he look into Chanyeol's eyes. Chanyeol looked away, he wanted to smile as he knew how he made you a lot better but he knew better.

"Look at me, Chanyeol." Chanyeol quickly looked into your father's eyes. "But if you're only going to break her heart like I did or her ex did, just leave her alone, hm?"

Chanyeol's eyes widen a bit but softened.

"I won't leave her, Mr. Lee. I won't break her heart. When I do, I'll do my best to heal it with my all of my care and love. I promise you that, Mr. Lee." Chanyeol bravely said as he stare back at your father with determination in his eyes. Your father smiled gratefully at him and patted his shoulder.

"I knew you won't leave my princess. I knew you would say that. Seeing your eyes turn sad when you heard she left without you, makes me feel assured that you really care for my daughter. Well, I hope you can stay by her side for a long long time." Your father said and looked at his watch. Chanyeol smiled at your father.

"You're running late, prince. I look forward to see you again and be my princess' king." Your father added as he winked at Chanyeol. Chanyeol's lips tugged into a big smile as he thought of being your husband with the approval of your father.

"Thank you, Mr. Lee! Thank you! Kamsahabnida." Chanyeol said while bowing several times. Your father just laughed at his actions while shooing him away to school.

Chanyeol had his hopes high that you'll be with him again.

That everything will turn back to normal. 

ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ 

You were in the library to spend the rest of your time here to read because you still have 1 hour and 15 minutes before the bell rings for classes.

You're reading the most interesting part of the story but your mind can't seem to focus on the book. It always goes back flying to the boy you don't ever want to think of again. It just causes your heartaches. 

You put the book down and closed your eyes to relax. 

"Maybe I'll just sleep this off." You mumbled as you lay your head down on your arms at the table. You sighed deeply as you feel comfortable with your position. Your eyes slowly felt heavy and you fell asleep.

Someone went inside the library as saw you sleeping peacefully. She was about to go to you when she saw someone walking fast on the hall outside. She quickly hid herself on one of the shelves near him but she can still watch you from there. 

Chanyeol went inside the library and instantly saw you. He walked quietly towards you while his heart beats nervously crazy. He didn't know what to tell you but he trusted what his heart would say. 

He sat quietly beside you, the back of your head in front of him. Chanyeol noticed that your breathing is even, that's when he figured you were sleeping. See? He's so slow.

Chanyeol sighed in relief but when you whined silently and slowly turned your head to him, his heart started hammering on his chest again. You're still asleep.

Chanyeol sighed again. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter