❦ Chapter 19 ~ Magic Words ❦

My Happy Virus || 엑소 찬열
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You walked in to the kitchen to make some ramen for breakfast when you saw your father sitting at ease on the couch. Your eyebrows went up like inches higher. 

"Weird." You whispered as you open one of the cabinets and take a pack of ramen. Weird because your mom should be here to kick him out.

'Well, maybe she had a change of heart.' You thought as you nod your head in hesitation, trying to convince yourself.

"Oh. Goodmorning, princess!" You heard your father greet you while still watching tv. 

"Goodmorning, appa. You look so happy today." You say as you put the pot with water on the stove then opened the stove to boil it. 

You sat beside your father and looked at him. He's smiling like he won in a lottery.

"Yes, my princess. Your eomma just went out earlier to go to the market. She told me to look after you because she might take a while there." He said as he put an arm on your shoulder. You nodded as you let your head fall on his shoulder.

"I bet it's sale again on the market." You said. Your father laughed lightly.

"You really know your mother. She was like that too when we were just in high school. She goes to the market so early in the morning to buy groceries that last for 2 weeks. She's really a morning person." Your father said as he reminisces the memories he and your mother made before. You sit up straight as you noticed something. 

You squint your eyes towards your father. He looks at you with confusion written on his face.

"What?" He innocently asked you. You crossed your arms like a detective.

"Then why are you so happy? Did something else happened earlier, appa?" You asked teasingly as you looked into his eyes, which he quickly averted to anything else but your eyes. Your eyes followed his, anywhere his eyes land on. He sighed in defeat.

"Aish. Fine, fine." He said as he put his hands on his face, preparing for the embarrassment he's gonna say. 

You waited eagerly for the big revelation. 

"Your mother's lips are still the same. They're still soft and plump as always."

Your mind just blanked out when you heard what your father said. Your eyes widened a bit as your lips parted in surprise. 

You suddenly squealed like a dolphin. You shook your father's shoulders as you jumped up and down with your knees. 

"Oh my gosh, appa!! You kissed eomma?!! Eomona!!" You squealed again as your father hides his red face to you. 

Their love really never gets old. 

Look at your father, still embarrassed like a teenager who just had his first kiss with the one he likes. 

After a few minutes of teasing your father, you finished cooking your breakfast and ate. You washed the bowl and utensils you used then ran to the bathroom. 

"Hurry, princess! You only have a 30 minutes before the class starts!" You heard your father yell as you take your 5-minute shower.

ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ

You huffed as you reached the school gate. You smiled at the guard as you saluted at him. You ran fast as you could but as you reached the top of the stairs, you bumped onto someone. Luckily, you're fast enough to hold onto the railings of the stairs. If you weren't able to do that, I think this story would have ended already.

"Watch where you're going!"

You flinched at the annoying voice. You looked up at the person who shouted. 

'Ohh. She's really beautiful.' You thought as you observe her.

"What do you think you're doing?! Get out of my way, idiot!" She shouted again. She tried to kick you away but you woke up from your nightmare, dressed as a beautiful daydream, and moved away from her attack. 

'But her attitude is ugliest of all living things.' You continued your thought as you stood up straight and glare at her. You put on your coldest stare on and poker face as she look at you with her stupid grin but that quickly falters as she saw your expression.

"Wh-what?" She stuttered as she slowly walked past you and walked faster after. You rolled your eyes at her.

"Coward." You muttered as you went to your classroom. 

As you opened the door, you were surprised to see Chanyeol standing in front of you. He looks like he was about to go out but you opened it first. His eyes widened as he saw you.

"A-ah. G-goodmorning, (y/n)!" He said stuttering a bit but cheerfully. You smiled at him.

"Goodmorning too, Chanyeol. Where are you going?" You asked him as you went inside the room. Your classmates aren't really that quiet but they have their own businesses, so you couldn't care less. 

"Ahm... Nowhere. I was just- I was just about to check if I closed the door correctly but then you came in. So.." He said as he r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter