❦ Chapter 18 ~ The Right Thing ❦

My Happy Virus || 엑소 찬열
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You walked through the corridors, planning to go to the library and feed your eyes with history books first before eating lunch. Such a bookworm you are.

You slightly halted on your tracks as you peeked on the glass window in front of the library.

There are students playing foot volleyball at the net area while there are students who're watching while eating their lunches. There are some, who doesn't care about what's happening around them and just mind their own businesses. 

But something, or someone, caught your attention.

Of course, it's him.

Your eyebrows almost became a single straight brow when you see him talking to someone in his phone. That's not the point, though.

He's smiling widely.

Yeah, he smiles widely always but this time it's different from the others.

This smile is the smile that you haven't seen since the day you two met. 
The smile that he only had when he talked to the someone in his phone.

Or so, you thought.

'Who is it? Why is he smiling like that? What's the reason behind that smile? I want to know.' You thought as you see him hung up and turned around towards the cafeteria. 

"Hey, (y/n). What are you doing there?" 

You turned to the owner of the voice and shrugged your shoulders. 

"I was just about to go in the library. I just watched the foot volleyball game for a while." You said, a half-truth and a half-lie. Jin just nodded slowly as you quickly walked inside the library. 

Jin looked at your retreating back and when he finally saw you behind the shelves, he rapidly looked at the window. He saw Chanyeol ran out of the Cafeteria with his phone in his left hand.

Jin's eyebrows furrowed as he watched Chanyeol disappear in the entrance hall downstairs.

*Twit
*Twit

Jin took out his cellphone and his eyes widen at his cousin's text message.

12:37pm

From: Chanyeol

She's coming back here, Jin.

Jin looked at your serious face reading the thick history book of genius writers in the old times. He bit his lower lip as he think of what could happen. He scratched his head in frustration as he slowly walked towards the stairs.

"Aish. Why does she have to come back?" He muttered, annoyance was visible in his voice.

He went to the garden and saw his cousin standing beside the fountain, staring at it as if it would fade any second. Jin silently sat on the bench near the fountain, staring at Chanyeol curiously. 

Chanyeol didn't speak nor move in his spot. 

"What are you gonna do now?" Jin asked in an unamused voice. 

Chanyeol didn't reply. Jin sighed deeply, trying to put his anger back down.

"Don't tell me you're not gonna do anything, Chanyeol." Jin said sitting up straight as his voice turned higher than he expected.

"I.. I don't know, Jin. I really don't know. I thought she won't come back. I thought she'll just leave me hanging here. I never thought she'll come back for me-" 

"Come on, man!" Jin couldn't contain his anger already. He stood up and pushed Chanyeol's shoulders harshly. Chanyeol turned to Jin with wide eyes. 


"Are you still that blind?! Hayoung doesn't love you, okay?! She doesn't even like you. She's not coming back for you, Chanyeol. Stop it." Jin shouted at Chanyeol, glaring at him.

"Why, Jin? She's not coming back for me because she's coming back for you? That's insane! She came to me when you left her!" Chanyeol shouted back, pointing accusingly at Jin with hate.

"This is not about Hayoung anymore, Chanyeol! Can't y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter