❦ Chapter 22 ~ Tears Day ❦

My Happy Virus || 엑소 찬열
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You slumped on your bed with a sigh as you finished your homework. 

You took your calendar that rests on your bedside table and took a red marker. You put cross on the date today. You glared at the calendar, which is now full of red crosses except for the last 4 days of November. 

"Aigoo. Tomorrow's already the 27th of November..." You said silently to yourself. 

"How about I say it tomorrow dismissal?" 

"Yeah. That'll be a good idea."

You put the calendar on your face as you closed your eyes. Your eyes that feel so hot right now just thinking of what will happen tomorrow.

"Sheesh. (Y/n), don't speak like that as if it's the easiest thing to do in the world. 'Cause it's the opposite." Your words falters as you say it. 

You swore to yourself after knowing the truth about Chanyeol's 'kindness' and 'affection' to you, that you'll be the one to end it before he even does. 

Sounds evil? Hmph.

It was only supposed to be after the month you heard him at the rooftop's door but what can you do? Instead of getting out, you ended up falling more in his trap. 

It was almost 6 months ago when Park Chanyeol entered your dull life. You admit that at first, you didn't like him because you didn't like noisy and feeling-close people but like you said, he's like a virus that you can't avoid. No one can avoid Park Chanyeol's happy virus. There is no cure to it, you just have to live with it.

But you thought of something better than loving someone who feeds you wretched lies. 

"It's final. I've decided." 

You sat up and pulled the cup of the red marker out again. You encircled the 27th day of November, which is tomorrow. You bit your quivering lip.

"I'll... I'll do it tomorrow. I'll stop him before he can even hurt me. I won't be as weak as I was with Jin before. I'll be the one who'll end it this time."

You put down the calendar to its right place and opened your lamp before turning the lights off. You fell asleep thinking about Park Chanyeol.

ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ 

You stared at the door as you breathed in and out. 

Chanyeol's already outside, waiting for you to come out. 

How'd you know?

You peeked on the window and your heart started hammering in your chest. You're still inside of your house but you can feel that you wanted to go back to bed already. Why must life be this hard for you?

Actually, this isn't hard. You're just making it hard. 

"Aish." You muttered, annoyed with your thoughts. 

You opened the door after plastering a grin on your face. Chanyeol's head looked up and his face instantly looked brighter as he grinned back at you. 

"Beautiful morning, princess." Chanyeol said as he gently took your bag on his shoulder. You smiled at him thankfully.

"You're early today, huh." You said teasingly. 

'I should better make the best out of this morning.' You thought as sadness filled your heart.

"Of course! I wouldn't want to be late and miss a precious 10-minute walk with my princess." Chanyeol proudly said as he took your hand in his big ones. You looked at your intertwined hands and tightened your hold.

You don't want to let go.
But you can't be fooled again.

"It's still early in the morning and you're full of sugar already. You should drink water often, so you won't be too sweet. Ants might hunt you down." You said teasingly as you walked faster. With your hand intertwined, Chanyeol followed quickly with a smile on his face.

"I don't care even if ants hunt me down, at lease I've managed to bring a sweet smile on your face." Chanyeol said as he caught your smile while walking. You looked at him while your eyes felt like being a waterfall again. Chanyeol didn't notice it as he walked ahead of you while your hands still intertwined.

"Stop being like this. You're making it harder for me." You whispered to yourself as you stare at his back.

You two were walking up on the stairs when you noticed a familiar face on the end of the staircase. Your eyebrows furrowed as you felt Chanyeol tugged you closer to him. You looked at the girl, who is now smirking to herself. 

"Such a crazy woman." You muttered under your breath. You felt Chanyeol's hand vibrated. You looked at his back and noticed that his shoulders are moving up and down. You assumed that he heard what you said. It's true, though.

When you walked passed the girl, she followed you with her eyes. You felt them burning on your back. You thought again where you have seen that girl. 

And it clicked.

You bumped onto her last week on the stairs. When you almost fell down the stairs because of her. You felt your blood boil with just thinking of her. You have these feelings that you need to kill that girl before she cast a witch spell on you. 

Of course, being a good girl you are, you won't do that.

As you reached the classroom, Chanyeol opened the door and let you come in first. The classroom is noisy as usual as you both sat on your seats.

"(Y/n), do you want to eat outside later after classes? I want to treat you again but I promise, this time it's not ice cream again!" Chanyeol said as he put his hand up beside his head with his palm facing you. Your smile faltered. Chanyeol noticed it and slowly put his hand down. 

"Uh.. It's okay if you don't feel--"

"No. I'm okay with it. Yeah. Let's go somewhere to eat later. Of course it's your treat, there's no way I'm gonna pay for a guy." You said while crossing your arms with you poker face. 
Trying to be cold again. Tsk tsk.
Chanyeol's smile be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter