❦ Chapter 24 ~ The Choices ❦

My Happy Virus || 엑소 찬열
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Cookie?"

You blinked and looked at your mother. Her face looks so worried from your soulless expression.

"Yes, eomma?" You asked as you picked up your chopsticks and began eating. Your parents looked at each other, questioning again for the nth time, if anyone of them knows why you've been like this for the past days. 

You took a deep breath and forced your still heavy lips, to tug up into a smile as you looked back at them.

"Eomma, appa, please don't worry about me. I'm just stressed about the upcoming exams. We need to complete our clearance before the exams. There are so many things to worry." You explained, it was a half-lie and half-truth. It's true that you have your exams next next week and the clearance you have to complete. 
But those are not the only reasons, right?

"Sure." Your father said, his voice filled with sarcasm, as he put down his cup on the table. Your mother glared at your father as she nudged him on the stomach, which made your father cough.

You stood up and carefully picked your plate with your glass.

"You can tell us anything, cookie. I know you're usually quiet but I'm your mother, I know when something's wrong. Don't hide your feelings to me, arasso?" Your mother said as she looked at your back, going to the kitchen. 

You turned to your mother with a smile, trying to reassure her that you're okay.

"I'm completely fine, eomma. Stop worrying already." You said as you continued walking to the sink. You washed your used dishes as you wait for your parents' plates. Your mother walked beside you and pushed you gently to the side.

"Take a shower now. You'll get late. I'll do the washing for today. Hurry!" Your mother shooed you away to the bathroom. You nodded obediently and took your towel inside your room and prepared for school.

"Goodbye, eomma, appa!" You bid your farewell to your parents as you opened the front door.

"Be back early later! Your aunt will come here for dinner. Jin and Jeno are gonna be here too." You mother shouted back. You stopped closing the door half-way but closed it anyway.

"Ne!"

Before, it was normal for Jin's family to eat with yours for dinner, it was like a daily routine for you. Your families were so close that you thought they were related. That was how you, Jin and Jeno met and got close together too.

It has been a long time since they went to have a dinner with your family. It was so sudden but you felt glad that you're gonna see them again, it's not like you don't see Jin and Jeno in school but it feels different when you're with your family and theirs. You felt like you're gonna be united with your long lost loved ones.

ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ 

You breathed in deeply and exhaled quickly before opening the classroom's door. 
Your classmates are normally chatting loud, you felt some of them glanced at you and stared but you only expected one pair of eyes. 

Park Chanyeol's.

You've successfully arrived at your seat without looking up, but when you sat down, you saw that the chair next to yours is empty. No bag, no guitar, no Chanyeol.
You felt your heart twitched a little in disappointment, or maybe not just a little.

'Where is he?' Your heart spoke, if that's even possible.

'Why isn't he here?'
'Did something happen?'
'Is he sick?'

You harshly banged your head on your table-

"Oh my cupcake."

You felt your eyes water as you slowly rubbed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter