❦ Chapter 6 ~ Confusion ❦

My Happy Virus || 엑소 찬열
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You looked at yourself at the mirror and took a deep breath. You brushed your teeth after washing your face. 

You are facing another day but, 'today is gonna be different', you tell to yourself. After the day that you and Chanyeol talked, you've decided to face those fears you buried. You thought that if you bury them, they will just disappear but Jin came back and he's like trying to prove you wrong. And boy, he was right. Your fears came back.

You grabbed the towel beside you and wiped your face dry. You prepared for school with a smile on after remembering your talk with Chanyeol.

"Are you happy that you're trying to hide the past away?" Chanyeol asked as he let go of you. Again, you were aghast by his sudden question. Seeing your reaction, he smiled softly.

"Obviously, you don't look like you're happy. But why would you hide what you feel? You know, it's not good to keep your feelings inside. You can always talk to someone." He said as he holds your hands. You were feeling awkward at first but felt comfortable easily. "It would hurt more when you keep it to yourself. It's like you're torturing your own heart." You looked at him and saw him already looking at you. 

"And a girl like you shouldn't kill herself with her worthless past. Face your fears, (y/n). I know you're a strong person, you're just blinded by Jin's face." He scrunched his face like he's annoyed when he mentioned Jin's name. You can't help but chortle at his face. Chanyeol's world stopped when he heard your melodious laugh. 

Your laugh is a mellifluous music to him. He can't help but to smile at your response. He felt like he achieved his life's goal and it's to make you happy. 

You don't know if you can do it this easily but at least you're trying, right? 

After you're done preparing, you went down and saw your mother packing a neat lunch for you. She looked up with her bright smile and waved at you.

"Good Morning, cookie! Eat your breakfast now." She said cheerfully while tying a ribbon on your lunch box for safe keeping. You silently sat on the chair and waited for her to finish. She put your lunch box beside your plate then sat in front of you. You smiled at her. Being the observant mother she is, she noticed something.

"You look so happy today. Did something good happen in your dreams? Hmm. Tell me!" Your mother excitedly asked you. 

"Mom, nothing happened in my dreams. There's nothing to tell." You explained with a slight shook of your head as your mom slightly pouted. You can't help but to chuckle at her childish behavior. 

"Maybe in reality something good really happened." You thought. 

"Aish. What am I thinking?" You said to yourself loudly. Your mom looked at you strangely as she heard your loud whisper, if you can still call it that.

ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ

After eating breakfast, you bid your mom goodbye and walked to school. You put on your earphones on and played a loud song that doesn't bother you but relaxes you. Weird. 

As you walk, you felt someone running behind you but you just maximized the volume and didn't mind it. An

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter