❦ Chapter 20 ~ Heartbeats ❦

My Happy Virus || 엑소 찬열
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You walked through the school's corridors with a frown. 

"Aish. Why didn't he come?"

"Why would he anyway? Why were you expecting? Aish."

"Was he really telling me the truth that he loves me? Aish." 

Why are you like this?

You were expecting Chanyeol in front of your house to come to school with you but you were welcomed by the cold wind and falling snow. 

Before, the season of snow for you was very exciting and fun but Park Chanyeol made it the opposite. 

You slightly pouted thinking that he was lying. You opened your classroom's door and was surprised to see no one. But more aghast when you see the changes. 

The chairs were on the sides of the classroom, creating a huge space at the center of the room. Heart balloons floating on the ceiling, colorful lamps around the center that lightened the dark room and the soft melody coming from a radio. 

You walked slowly to the center, being careful not to mess up anything with your feet. You looked around, amazed by the dazzling surroundings. It's not Valentine's Day, right? 

You were shocked when the radio stopped playing and another melody came, but not from the radio though. You heard the strumming of the guitar coming closer. You squinted your eyes at the door and saw a familiar silhouette standing on the door with guitar on it's hands.

"I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do is grow old with you"

He sang as walked closer to you. You can now see his smiling face and his outstanding ears. Your lips, like it has their own brain, curled up into a smile. 

"I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks
Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you"

You smiled at him, showing your pearly white teeth, as you grasped on your backpack tighter. 

'So, this is how it feels to be serenaded? I want to explode.' You thought.

"I'll miss you
Kiss you
Give you my coat when you are cold

Need you
Feed you
Even let ya hold the remote control

So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink
Put you to bed if you've had too much to drink
I could be the man who grows old with you"

He carefully put down his guitar beside a chair and stood in front of you. He took your hand in one of his hands as the other one tucked a strand of your hair out of your face. You can feel your cheeks burning but you didn't care.

"I wanna grow old with you." He whispered to you. 

"Are you proposing to me?" You playfully asked him. He grinned as he held your hands.

"Well, I might be practicing of what to say..." Chanyeol said as he looked away shyly. You chuckled at him.

"You're so cute." You cooed as you gently pinch his cheeks. He pouted cutely.

"Did you like it?" He asked nervously. You bit your lip and pretended to be thinking by putting a finger on your chin.

"Hmm. The melody was great. The balloons are cute. The location is okay. The time is good since the first period today is free. But..." You turned to your left side and took one blue lamp with drawings on it. "Where'd you get all these lamp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter