❦ Chapter 3 ~ Under The Rain ❦

My Happy Virus || 엑소 찬열
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You walked through the empty halls of your school. It's regular for you to walk alone on the empty halls of your school because in the past 2 years and until now, you always come to school earlier than everyone except the guard who opens the front gate of course. 

While you're walking, you heard a squeak of a shoe. You instinctively turned around to find where did that come from. The way back will be pitch black if the sky's slight brightness through the windows isn't visible, then you won't be able to see anything. You scratched the back of your head in confusion but continued to walk anyway. 

But you heard the squeak again. Without turning around, you stopped. 

An imaginary light bulb popped up above your head.

You puffed your cheeks in annoyance then let the air out of your mouth, making a cold smoke in front of you. 

"Can't you just walk normally not like you're stalking me or something? It's still morning, I don't want to be annoyed this early." You said with a bored voice then continued walking to your room. You heard the squeaking stopped and footsteps were heard this time. 

"Sorry..." You heard someone whispered beside you. You just nodded then walked faster than him. 

"Yah! Wait for me! It's dark here, you know?" You heard him rant behind you. You snickered at his scaredy cat voice.

"There could be ghosts or any unseen elements here. So, don't just leave like that because there's no one who could protect you from them." You heard him added while walking faster to catch up with you. You're at the middle of the 2nd floor now and you felt tired again, not just because of the long stairs but the heavy bag you always bring everyday.

You always wanted to be ready. You always bring your books for the subjects assigned for everyday to be sure that you wouldn't miss any of the requirements for everyday. Now, it's a big pain in the . 

You suddenly felt your back lighter, or should I say, like there's nothing on your back now. You quickly turned to your back and saw Chanyeol effortlessly putting your bag on his shoulder. You stopped to raised an eyebrow at him. He stopped too but the smile on his lips didn't fade. 

"Hmm?" He hummed with a smile. You stared at him weirdly as if he's an alien came from somewhere up there. Obviously no one would like to lift a heavy bag in school, even in 2nd floor to 4th floor only, that would still be hell for them. But seeing Chanyeol smiling up to his big ears, you didn't know what to say.

"My bag." You said with authority then put your hand in front of him. He just stared at your hand. 

"Nope. I saw the way you're carrying this all the way here and you looked like you're about to dig the tiled floor." He said with a grin. You glared at him again for the nth time this morning. 

"Give it to me. I can handle it. I've-" 

"That's why. I want to be used to it too." Chanyeol said then looked around. You sighed deeply, finally letting him do what he wants.

"Fine." You said then turned around to start to walk upstairs without any difficulty in walking with Chanyeol following closely behind you.

ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ

You and Chanyeol reached your room. You the lights and sat down on your chair at the back. Chanyeol put your bag on the floor beside you then quickly sat beside you and started tinkering his phone. You didn't really care about what he's doing, so you brought out your book and started reading. 

You were at peace and in the best part of the story when you heard a pleasant tune of a guitar strumming. You took your eyes off of your book but didn't look beside you. The lovely melody of the strums seems to send hidden messages to you but you couldn't point it out. You looked beside you to see Chanyeol already looking at you with his right hand on his head, steadying his position while his phone on his table. You darted your eyes to his phone in wonder.

"I recorded this last week but I haven't arranged it these past few days, so I figured that I can do it today and I did." Chanyeol said proudly, like he knew what you wanted to ask, with a grin like he won a million dollars. 

'He plays the guitar so beautifully. How lucky.' You thought. 

You've always wanted to learn how to play the guitar but never had the time to try and money to buy one. You just nodded then tried to go back to reading but it doesn't seem to work. The background music is having an effect on you. You irritatingly put your book down then looked at the window. The sky is turning brighter than earlier. You feel so relaxed--


"Noona!!!" 

And here we go again. You don't feel so relaxed now. You feel so stressed right now. You turned your head towards the door and Chanyeol looked at the door too. The music stopped and only heavy footsteps were heard. 

He entered with a huge smile but when he saw Chanyeol, his smile faded. He quickly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter