❦ Chapter 4 ~ The Encounter ❦

My Happy Virus || 엑소 찬열
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The clouds went lighter. It was midnight when the rain stopped. To be exact, it's 2:35 in the morning. 

You started to have conscious when you felt your neck ache and felt numb. You slowly opened your eyes then found out that you're still in the waiting area outside the school. You tried moving but you accidentally hit on a... Thing. Or someone. You sit up slowly and looked beside you.

There he is. 

Park Chanyeol sleeping like a baby with his mouth slightly open. His head leaning on a pole while his left arm on your shoulder, warm and tightly placed. His other hand is located above your right hand. 

You were shocked by your position. It's like you two are lovers sleeping sweetly. You slowly moved your hand away from his then tried to take off his arm off your shoulder. You didn't notice that Chanyeol was slowly waking up.

"Yah." You quickly turned to him with a blank face. He chuckled at the sight of you.

"What?" You snapped at him then took off the blanket. You stood up then get your bag, ready to go.

"You're going home now?" He asked you while folding the blanket you two used. You watched him as he expertly do the work. He suddenly looked up at you with a grin. 

"You'll melt me." He spoke with a teasing voice. You looked away with your steady blank face. Or is it? 

"I'll go now." You said and turned around to go. Before you can even make a step forward, Chanyeol got your bag like a Flash. He's so fast that you didn't even notice at first. 

"Yah!" You shouted at him. He stopped walking then turned to you.

"What?" He innocently said with a smile. You walked up to him and tried to snatch your bag away but he's too taller than you and his arms are obviously long. You stopped while panting then crossed your arms. 

"Hey. No need to be mad. I just wanted to walk you home." Chanyeol said then put your bag on his shoulder. 

'Walk home...' You suddenly thought. It's like you've forgotten something. Something important. 

Your eyes widen as you remembered. You took out your phone then dialed his number. It rang 4 times before someone answered.

"Ugh.. Hmm... Yeobose-" A sleepy boy answered.

"Yah!! Are you home now? Are you okay? You're not sick, are you? Are-" You threw questions like bullets.

"Noona! Where were you? Auntie said that you're not home when I called her. I was wor-" Jeno said but you cut him off.

"You-you're home?" You asked nervously.

"Yes, noona. Mom picked me up at the other gate. I texted you yesterday that I was picked up. Didn't you see it?" 

"Oh. Okay. Good. Go back to sleep now. Bye." You said then hung up. You sighed in relief. 

'He's safe. Thank goodness.'

"Who was that?" You were startled. You forgot that Chanyeol's still here. You looked at him. 

"It's none of your business." You replied then continued to walk with Chanyeol following you. 

In a second, he's already walking beside you. Those long legs really help in chasing, huh? 

You looked up at the sky, it looks beautiful while it's still dark with few little stars. You kept your hands in your pockets for warmth. Chanyeol fake coughed to catch your attention, which it did.

"Whoever that was, he's lucky that he has a girl like you to worry about him." Chanyeol said while looking in front with a serious face but it changed when he saw you stare at him. "You cherish him that much, I guess." He added with a smile. 

You just looked away. Jeno's really important to you. You've always wanted a little brother and when Jeno showed up, it's like your wish came true. He's been always bright and bubbly. You liked his attitude but you became distant to him when you got your heart broken because of his brother.

"Well, I guess so." You muttered. Chanyeol heard it and wants to question you but decided to stay quiet. 

You two walked silently at the cold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter