❦ Chapter 1 ~ The New Comer ❦

My Happy Virus || 엑소 찬열
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were walking to your favorite place that you and your boyfriend, Jin, always go to. You sang with the song that's playing on your earphones while smiling when you remembered him. You were happy that you two will meet at your favorite place but you faltered to continue walking when you've reached to your destination. It's like you don't want to continue walking.

Your world seemed to fall a part when you saw something, specifically someone, that made your eyes water. 

Jin was laughing with a girl then kissed her and what angered you more is that, the girl gladly kissed him back.

You didn't hold back yourself and stomped your way towards them. They didn't seem to notice you. You hit Jin's head hard from behind so he'll bump his head to the girl. They both groaned in pain as your tears didn't stop flowing down your cheeks.

"What the--" He stopped talking when he saw you. He was shocked.

"What did you just do, b*tch!" But the girl shrieked in annoyance.

You slapped her hard with all your might and that surely hurt a lot. There's a sting feeling on your palm but...

"I can explain--" You slapped Jin harder than you slapped the girl earlier. You felt weak as you slap him. You felt stupid.

After that, you clenched your hand on your side as you continue to glare at him.

"Does it hurt, Jin?" You said while stopping yourself fro stuttering. "I bet it hurts so much that you can't even speak." You spoke but he continued to look away from your glare and didn't say anything. You sniffled as your tears went down your chin. "But it hurt me more, Jin." You continued while looking at his eyes that didn't want to meet yours.

"It's unfair, you know! You hurt me, I tried to hurt you but the pain just goes back at me. You bastard! I hate you!" You said as the hatred in your voice was very visible.

"You're pathetic." The girl snapped at you with a roll of her eyes. She still has her hand on her cheek.

You glared at the two through your blurry eyes and your heart ached more as Jin turned his back on you with his arms around the girl. He definitely chose her over you.

You ran back to your house and as your mother saw you, you were enveloped with her comforting arms.

It has been a week when you broke up with Jin. You tried distracting yourself by studying harder but your heart still aches and you don't know how to stop the pain.

One night, you were awoken by your mother's sobs, cries and the slamming of the door. You stood up quickly from your bed then went down to the living room where you heard your mom. As you saw your mother, you ran to her. She was sitting on the floor while her hands on her face. You kneeled in front of her then hugged her.

"Eomma... Why are you crying? What happened? Did you and da--" You were cut off by her loud cries.

"He'll never be back! Don't even call him your father! He's already tired of us." Your mother's voice soften when her gaze stopped at you. You can't help but cry too. Seeing your mother like this, pains you so much. Even if you wanted to ask about what happened, you set aside the questions that were forming in your mind. You helped your mother sit up then gave her a bottled water. You stayed by her side until she fell asleep.

The next day, your mom and you were preparing breakfast and you decided to ask what happened last night.

"Eomma, what happened last night? What did he do?" You asked her nervously while looking at her. She stopped stirring the cookie dough but didn't turn to look at you. "Uhm. You don't have to--" You stuttered saying but she cut you off.

"He... He has another woman for his fun, (y/n)." Your mother said as she continued making cookies. "He has another woman besides us. That's the reason why he doesn't come home every Thursday and Sunday, it's because he has a freaking schedule." You flinched at your mother's words. She never speaks bad words in front of you and her looks, like she's about to kill someone with the spoon she's using. You gulped but sadness filled your heart as you listened.

You thought about what your mother said, over and over again. 'He has another woman besides us.', 'He cheated.' He was your role model for almost everything. He buys you anything you wanted, he made you feel like you're a real princess.

You chose not to 100% believe it. It's not like you don't trust your mom but, *What if he has reasons, right? Or what if mom just misunderstood him?* You glued those in your mind. You wanted to see it with your own eyes and hear it with your own ears that it isn't true. You know your father, he'll never do that.

Next day. After school, you went to your father's work place. He is an employee in a popular magazine publishing house. The employees there know you well because you almost come there everyday, so when you stepped inside the office, they all greeted you with a smile but they have a glint of sympathy in their eyes.

You smiled back at them with an unsure face. You walked towards your father's desk and while you're getting nearer, you saw two figures behind it.

They're clearing flirting and all over each other. The man was whispering, who knows what, to the woman who wore a very short skirt. You feel very disgusted and disappointed at the same time.

"Appa?" You spoke out like you wanted to choke a venom. Your voice came out like you wanted to cry.

The man turned his head to you and the tears you kept, fell uncontrollably like waterfalls. Your father's eyes widen as he saw you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter