❦ Chapter 8 ~ Those Heart-dropping Words ❦

My Happy Virus || 엑소 찬열
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6:30 am

You puffed your cheeks for the nth time. Yes, you are already awake. For you, this is a miracle. You don't really get up early when it's weekend but remembering that you have a day with Chanyeol makes you wake up 4 hours and 30 minutes before he comes. You are still sitting in front of your closet, finding what to wear for today. 

Again, it's miracle for you to sit in front of your closet and find it hard to pick clothes for outdoors. Casually, you just wear a t-shirt and jeans with your flat shoes but for today, you don't know but you wanted to look more feminine. You scratched your head in annoyance and rummaged in your closet again. 

With your noise, your mother, who usually wakes up early like this, went to your room to check on you. Like you, she was surprised too that you're up early and looking crazy in front of your closet, which only has jeans, t-shirts, few blouses and a dress that you kept on the end of your drawers. What a dress-hater you are.

"Cookie, you're up early. What's the event?" Your mother asked you excitedly as she approach you. You looked at her then at your closet.

"Please help me choose what to wear." You asked her with your hands together. You pout your lips slightly then looked at her with your puppy eyes. And again, she was aghast that you are having difficulty in finding your clothes for today. 

"Where are you going anyway?" She suddenly asked, getting suspicious. You bit your lip and stood up.

"A friend asked me to go out today. It's not bad to hang out sometimes, right?" You said unsurely smiling at her. Your mother has her arms crossed, an eyebrow raised and foot tapping, waiting for you to continue with your description to your 'friend'.

"Uh. His name is Chanyeol. He's my classmate and seatmate, so we've been closer these days," She was about to cut you, "But! But he's just funny and nice, so I kept him as my friend compared to have girl friends who'll just shop with you 'till they drop. Chanyeol, he's true and carefree. I guess he makes me laugh and maybe happy too. I don't have anything against him." You said while shrugging. Your mom looks happy then she grabbed your shoulders.

"I bet he's a good boy! I want to meet him! Will he come here?" She said. She felt so excited for you. She felt glad that you've found a new friend that makes you happy. Someone will be there for you now when she's not around.

"Yeah. He'll pick me up at 10, so please help me now. I don't know what to wear." You said as you stare again at your clothes.

"Of course, cookie! Here's mom to the rescue!" She said then started to look at your clothes one by one. "You can eat breakfast first downstairs while I'll find you something great to wear." She said while still rummaging in your drawers. You just nodded then said okay.

You smiled to yourself while shaking your head as you walked your way to the kitchen. Your mom never gets old.

ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ ∞ ღ

"Eomma! Why does it have to be a skirt? Can't I just use my jeans instead of this?" You complained for the nth times as you tugged the skirt that your mom made you wear. 

"Cookie, you still have black leggings under the skirt, okay? You don't have to worry. It looks good on you. I bet Chanyeol will drool over you later." She replied with a giggle as your cheeks get warm. She continued to giggle as you stopped complaining. 

You are wearing a plain dark blue polo that is under a light pink sweater and a black leggings that 1/3 of it is under a cute dark blue skirt. 

Wondering where did your mom get this from? She said she kept it in your closet without you knowing because she knew that time will come and you'll be more girly when you grow up, she thought that, that time is now. But in your perspective, it's going to be never. Not even now. (Really?)

"Hhmmm. There's something missing." Your mother mumbled as she looked at you from head to toe. "Ah!" She exclaimed as if she remembered something. She went to her room and when she came back, she has a grey beret in her hand. She stopped in front of you then put it carefully on your head. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter