Pass out - "Taehyung!"

A Top Star's Competition

Taehyung was slumped over his cousin's bed sleeping in an uncomfortable position. It didn't matter though, his cousin's state was worsening and he wasn't sure what to feel. 

 

What if Baekhyun hyung dies? 

 

Eyebrows furrowed and eyes closed tightly, he grips Baekhyun's hand as the other remains still. 

Namjoon in seated in a chair by the door, watching the scene. Baekhyun's parents had left for home hours ago but Taehyung insisted to stay. Looks like he'll be staying the night too with Taehyung. He didn't have the heart to leave the boy alone with him so sad. 

There's a small knock on the door and Namjoon looks over in surprise. It was probably the nurse coming to check on the condition of the patient and hand out blankets to whoever was staying over. 

 

Why isn't she coming in? 

Namjoon thinks, frowning when the person knocks again, louder. 

 

Not wanting Taehyung to wake up since he hasn't been sleeping properly, Namjoon gets up and opens the door to reveal a very impatient looking Jungkook and a sleepy looking Jin, yawning. 

He's beyond surprised when Jungkook pushes past him and dumps a plastic bag on the table. Jin follows and examines the dark room. 

 

"Hey Namjoon, is there anywhere I can sleep?" Jin says to the surprised boy. 

"Why are you here-" Namjoon doesn't get to finish when Jungkook spins around to him in the dark room. 

"Where's the lights? It's pitch dark in here." he grumbles, hands skimming past the walls for the light switch. 

"Wait-" Namjoon grabs the younger's wrist and Jin as well, pulling them out the door. He closes it with a quiet thud and he lets out a breath. 

 

Hopefully it didn't wake Taehyung. Namjoon was seriously starting to worry for the boy's health with his irregular sleeping and eating patterns. Or rather no eating patterns at all. 

He turns around to Jungkook and Jin and speaks quietly, "What are you two doing here?" 

"Why ae you whispering?" Jungkook asks, talking louder. It's a normal volume for speaking, but with the quiet hospital hallways it almost sounds like he's trying to be loud. 

"Shh!" Namjoon hushes him. "Taehyung is inside sleeping and it would be appreciated if you didn't come here bringing a birthday party with you." 

"He's sleeping?!" Jungkook says with wide eyes, not lowering his voice. Instead, it was louder. 

"Shush!" Namjoon swats at the younger boy and brings Jin and Jungkook further away from the hospital door. 

"Yes, he's sleeping. He's staying the night, by the looks of it." Namjoon explains. 

"Visiting hours were over ages ago. Aren't all visitors meant to leave until visiting hours are open again?" Jin asks. 

Namjoon shakes his head, "You can come here during visiting hours and leave whenever you want. Considering you don't make a huge racket." he says pointedly, eyes on the younger boy whereas Jungkook just rolls his eyes. 

"No wonder he never left." he says and Namjoon's eyes widen in surprise. 

"How long have you been waiting for him?" 

"Oh Namjoonie, ages!" Jin groans, answering instead and leaning on Namjoon dramatically. "He insisted on staying until Taehyung came out and we even went to buy food!" 

"Shh!" Namjoon shushes again. Looking at the two, he turns confused. 

 

"How did you two get in when visiting hours were over?" 

Jungkook smiles cheekily and Jin just sighs, though there's an amused smile on his face. 

"Jungkook here did a little bit of bribing." Jin says. 

"Not really." Jungkook shakes his head, still with a bright smile. "I just said I'd take a picture and give an autograph and she was like 'ok' so I was like 'ok' and so here I am!" 

Jin laughs lightly, "More like 'ok now hurry up I need to see someone', you almost ran up here when there was a working elevator." 

SImply shrugging, Jungkook turns to look at Namjoon. "So, can we come in to see Taehyung?" 

Namjoon nods, "You've got to be quiet though. Let him sleep." 

"Why?" Jungkook just says, mischeviously. Intending to wake the other and annoy him to no end for the rest of the night. 

"Because, the boy hasn't been sleeping too well nor has he been eating." Namjoon says, sensing something naughty. "Leave him for a bit. There's a small sofa inside so one of you can sleep there. If you squish you can both sleep there. If you're comfortable sleeping upright, anyway." Namjoon tells him. 

Growing slightly worried, Jungkook nods and enters the dark room once again, the thought of waking the other didn't seem so good all of a sudden. He sees black for the first few minutes as his eyes adjusted to the dark. 

Namjoon and Jin follow and the door is closed quietly. 

 

his lips, Jungkook walks up to Taehyung sleeping by the bed of his cousin.

His head on the bed, his body slumped forward, hand holding another boy - probably his cousin - and his features scrunched, and he looks nothing short of uncomfortable. 

 

Jin sits on the sofa, speaking softly to Namjoon. His gaze travels to a small boy on the bed and Jungkook wonders how old is he. But he looks down to Taehyung and he feels a little jumping feeling in his chest as he stares at him simply sleeping. 

 

At least he isn't arguing with me about how gummy bears are better than gummy worms. I still think gummy worms are better. 

Jungkook thinks, and unknowingly his lips twitch upwards into a small smile. 

Namjoon raises a brow, interested. 

 

Just then, Taehyung lets out a slightly staggered breath and stirs awake. He lifts his head off the bed and massages his neck to get rid of the cramp. 

 

"Yo." 

Spinning around in surprise, Taehyung's eyes widen as he sees Jungkook standing there and waving. His eyes move to Jin behind him, and back to the younger. 

"Y-You.." Taehyung stutters out. 

Jungkook just smirks at Taehyung and says, "Well, aren't you starstruck to see such as sight as soon as you wake up." 

Frowning, Taehyung bites his bottom lip. Aggravated already as soon as the teasing words leave the other's mouth. 

 

"What is it?" he says, breathing in deeply. 

"Hn?" Jungkook asks, confused. 

"What do you want? There must be a reason for why you came here." 

"Well.." Jungkook starts to feel a bit panicky as he realises he can't just say he came to see him. Not that he felt worried or anything. 

"Hurry it up, you breadcrust." Taehyung says and Jungkook is quick to reply with a sassy, "You're the breadcrust, you raisin." 

Taehyung smirks as he says, "How can I be both at the same time?" 

 

Scoffing, but at the same time biting back a smile, Jungkook shakes his head amusedly and sits beside Jin. 

Seeing Namjoon, he remembers what the other told him just before. "Namjoon hyung told me about how you weren't eating and he called me over." 

Namjoon and Jin both turn to him, surprised and amused. Using that as an excuse to see Taehyung when he really just wanted to see him. "Haha, Jungkook I-" Namjoon is cut off quickly. 

"And so here I am, bearing gifts." he says, proudly. He gestures to the table with a plastic bag full of takeout that can be smelt throughout the room. 

 

Taehyung looks over at Namjoon in surprise, and before Taehyung could ask anything Namjoon decides to humour the young actor that held a glare. As if telling him he better not tell Taehyung that he hadn't actually called him. 

"Jungkook was the first person I thought of that could come over to give some support." he says, smiling and glancing at the mentioned boy who leaned back on the sofa, relieved that Namjoon hadn't told him he actually didn't call him and that he came on his own. 

He didn't need to be teased about worrying about him. 

 

 

Taehyung looks at Jungkook who just sends a bunny smile. "You actually came to see me?" 

He feels strangely touched. Just slightly. 

"Like I said, he called me." Jungkook says, gesturing to the blonde male. "I had to." he adds nonchalantly, looking down at his hands on his lap and giving off the feel that he came because there was nothing better to do than to come see him. 

Feeling his heart drop the slightest at his words, Taehyung just turns away and faces Namjoon. "He hates me." to which Jungkook frowns, though he doesn't know why that doesn't sit well with him. 

It wasn't like this before, but Jungkook figures that maybe working on a movie with Taehyung had made him not hate him, but rather made him more of a rival. 

"You could have called Hoseok or Jimin." Taehyung says. 

"Or you can just settle with me." Jungkook bites, getting up and going over to the table and pulling out a box of food. 

 

Taehyung sees the food and sighs. He hasn't eaten for a full two days but strangely, he doesn't feel hungry. That can't be good. 

"Come eat." Namjoon calls out to him. 

Swallowing, he gets up and starts to walk over to Jungkook and Namjoon seated by the table. But when he gets up, a sharp pain jolts through him and his vision goes bright, shocking him for a second before his eyes focus back to the dark room. Or tries to focus. 

He lets out a cry of pain and grips his head, eyes shut tightly and clamps a hand down on his cousin's bed to steady himself. 

 

"Taehyung? What's wrong?" Namjoon says, all three pairs of eyes are on him. 

"Are you feeling okay?" Jin asks, getting up from the sofa. 

"You alright? Hey." Jungkook asks as well, voice surprisingly gentle. He moves to walk closer to him but when Taehyung opens his eyes the room spins dangerously. 

 

Upon seeing the food he immediately feels sick and turns away. His head is spinning and he sees the floor coming up to meet him. He feels himself falling. 

 

"Taehyung!" all three voices are heard calling out to him as Taehyung hits the carperted floor and passes out. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----

Hello

Thank you for 2 subscribers! 

Sorry for the long wait

I hope you enjoyed it though

I was busy yesterday and intended to update last night but it was late and I didn't have time to edit. 

Hope you enjoyed the chapter and there will be another chapter posted up soon! Double update for you guys. 

Leave a comment to let me know what you think! 

Bye