Unknowingly - "What is it today?"

A Top Star's Competition

The next day of filming, Jungkook is already at the venue and Taehyung walks into the dressing room where he goes to put on his outfit for the scene. 

Jungkook is seated getting his makeup done and opens his eyes when he hears the door open. He makes a face in the mirror to Taehyung behind him and Taehyung imitates him before rolling his eyes. 

 

"What are you, five?" 

Jungkook's eyes widen comically and he stares at the other. "Maybe you're the one that's five considering you're so immature." 

Taehyung only laughs, "And who was it that made a face at me when I walked in? Well, it's expected since someone like you can't handle my presence around here. My hotness and charisma must be intimidating for a bunny like you." 

Jungkook's eyes widen, not sure whether he should be offended or not because bunnies are cute. 

 

Cute. 

Jungkook thought, blinking his eyes.

 

Suppressing a smirk, he says, "Well, thank you." and nonchalantly goes back to playing Fruit Ninja on his phone. 

"What? Are you finally succumbing to the fact that I am indeed a greater human-" Taehyung was cut off when Jungkook turns around in his rotating chair to send a sweet smile at the other boy. 

The stylist was a bit miffed and had to halt in the middle of applying some makeup product on the boy's face. 

"I was accepting the compliment. You just called me cute, am I right?" 

Taehyung looked ever more confused. "Have I ever?" 

"You just compared me to one of the most adorable animals on this planet. Bunnies." Jungkook flashed his phone screen to Taehyung which showed a picture of a black and white rabbit sticker next to the home button of his screen, looking like the most innocent animal on the earth. 

Taehyung looks over at Jungkook and takes note that Jungkook does indeed have the same feature of a bunny. 

 

Innocence. 

 

But hell to the no. Jungkook is not innocent. Taehyung opens his mouth to say something when the door opens to reveal a production staff holding a clipboard. 

Good timing too because really, what can Taehyung say?

 

"Jungkook, are you almost done with your makeup?" he asks. 

The stylist shakes her head and the production staff nods. Taehyung sees his name badge which reads, 'Kim Youngjae'. 

"Taehyung, please come with me to the next room to have yours done as quickly as possible too. We need to film quite a bit today and we'd like to start as soon as possible." 

The said actor just nods and turns to Jungkook for a brief moment. The other already rotating in his chair to face the mirror to allow the stylist to finish her job. 

 

"Bye. Bunny Jeon." Taehyung says before turning and leaving with Youngjae, a teasing smile appearing on his handsome face. 

 

Jungkook halts, wide eyed he looks at the wooden door in the mirror wondering what the other meant. 

 

Was he making fun of me? Or was he actually agreeing with me? Am I cute? I think so, come on. 

Jungkook flashes a smile experimentally in the mirror, confusing the young stylist when he simply nods his head and resumes his game of Fruit Ninja. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

When Jungkook emerged from his dressing room, Taehyung was nowhere in sight and he assumed that the other was getting his makeup finished too. 

He sat down on a chair in the set and contemplated what Taehyung meant when he called him 'Bunny Jeon'. Was there any meaning behind it or what? Not really knowing why it bothered him, he decided to just forget it and ran a hand through his hair. Much to the dismay of the hairstylist. 

 

"Jungkook, we're filming a 'before-a-date' scene! You can't mess up your hair like that!" she rushes forward, "That's Taehyung's job."

Oh, right. Jungkook starts to get nervous as he realises that they're skipping right to this intimate scene. Internally groaning in dismay, he dreads the time when they're going to have to inevitably make out. 

Director Choi is filming in all random parts of the movie that Jungkook can't even follow what's going on. First, a crying Taehyung is being comforted by Jungkook and then Jungkook is being left alone on a park bench and the next thing you know they're head over heels for one another. 

 

Like, what the actual heck. 

 

Just then Taehyung leaves his dressing room. 

Unconsciously, Jungkook's breath hitches as he saunters on set with a black suit and a sleek black tie to go with it. 

 

Well, dayum. 

Jungkook tears his eyes away when Taehyung meets his gaze. 

 

The hairstylist rearranges his hair as the director climbs into his seat. 

"We're going from page 203. You all remember everything?" he clarifies. 

"Yes, Director Choi!" they two actors chorus. 

 

"All cameras ready?" Director Choi goes on to check if all the cameras are functioning and if everyone is there. 

 

The two actors tune out of Director Choi's voice and Jungkook leans on the back of a wooden dining table. 

"Well, we all know what's on page 203." Taehyung sighs, looking over the script one more time. 

"Touch me anymore than you have to and I'll cut you." Jungkook narrows his eyes and Taehyung rolls his. 

"If we do it right the first time, there'll be no need for second takes, yeah?" Taehyung says in his deep voice and Jungkook unknowingly shivers. 

 

No second takes. No second takes. Oh please no second takes. 

Jungkook chants in his head. 

 

"Everyone ready?" Director Choi says out over the set loudly and the two boys get into their positions. "Oh and boys, emotion. I know you two are dreading this scene right now, so just do it right the first time." Director Choi advises. 

 

"You hear that?" Taehyung says just before walking over to the door to stand outside to wait for his cue to enter. 

Jungkook pulls a face at him and goes to sit by the polished wooden table. 

 

"Standby. Cue!" Director Choi yells and a camera is focused on Jungkook inside a house. 

 

Looking nervous, he glances at the digital clock sitting on the kitchen counter and bites his lips. After waiting for a moment, Taehyung rings the doorbell and the director motions to a camera to film the door from over Jungkook's shoulder. 

Jungkook walks nervously to the door, making note to trip slightly on the rug and then only he opens the door, revaling Taehyung in his black suit and tie. 

 

"Hi, Shi Hyuk. I was waiting for you." Jungkook says, breathless. 

Shooting a dazzling smile, Taehyung says, "You ready?" 

"Y-Yeah. More or less." 

 

The director glances at the script and Taehyung sees it from the corner of his eyes. Only then did he remember to do a little action that he almost forgot to do. 

Brushing strands of hair away from Jungkook's eyes, Jungkook's eyes widen as instructed and Taehyung ignores the camera right beside their faces. 

Taehyung makes sure his eyes flicker across Jungkook's lips before meeting his eyes again. 

The camera moves away from their faces and Taehyung then takes his cue to enter the house, closing the white door behind him. 

 

Taehyung opens his mouth to speak his lines, "But before we go..." 

He leans in close to Jungkook and the said boy flutters his eyes closed. 

 

Emotion, Jungkook. Emotion..

Jungkook says in his head. 

 

He tilts his head up and their lips meet. Jungkook is pushed against the couch as Taehyung takes a step closer, wrapping an arm around Jungkook. 

Not breaking the kiss, Jungkook encircles his arms around Taehyung's neck and Taehyung tightens his grip around Jungkook's waist. 

About three seconds into the kiss in that position, the two of them do not move an inch in that time and Director Choi frowns. He shakes his head and cuts the scene. 

 

 

"CUT!" 

 

The two actors break apart in an instant. Cringing visibly, the two start to bicker. 

"You've never kissed before in your life, have you?" Jungkook says. 

"You can talk about yourself. And BTW, your breath smells." Taehyung retorts and Jungkook shoves him, almost childishly. 

 

Director Choi had climbed off his director's chair and made his way over to the two actors. 

"Boys, listen here. You two are way too stiff!" he pinches their sides, causing them to flinch away. 

"He's holding me way too tightly!" Jungkook points accusingly at the other boy and Taehyung scoffs, "And he's like trying to suffocate me, arms around me so tight you would not imagine." 

While the two play the blame game, Director Choi dismisses their retorts with a wave of his hands. 

"We can film this another time, when you two are more comfortable with each other." he says. 

 

"We're going to do this again?!" both boys almost yell. 

"Do what? Kiss? Or the scene?" Director Choi says, calmly. 

"Well, BOTH!" they say together again. 

"You're going to have to do both. Like I said, you two were too stiff. And it's a romance movie and you two are the starring roles! Of course you're going to have to kiss more than once." he rolls his eyes as if it was already a given. 

"Okay, next scene!" 

 

The two boys turn to each other, having a stare down when the director turns to them again. 

"Oh, if you boys want, you can practice the scene in your own time." he winks playfully and the two actors eyes widen impossibly huge. 

 

Laughing loudly, the Director goes back to the production crew to tell them what scene to get ready next to prepare the set. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And unknowingly again, Jungkook's neck heats up and it crawls up to his cheeks. 

This is so embarrassing. How many times do we have to play 'I love you'? 

Kissing his rival was not something Jungkook enjoyed all too much.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Unknowingly, that was all about to change. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------

Hello

I hope you enjoyed the update

Thank you for 130+ subscribers! It's only chapter 3 so thank you all

(So cuteeee)

If you don't know what Fruit Ninja is I'm speechless. 

I might be up to updating another chapter later today! I hope this is not moving too fast for you. I mean, it's only chapter 3. 

There's a few ideas here and there for this story, though not as much as my previous story. Not to worry though, the story needs to progress more to use these ideas though. So keep updated!

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!

Bye