Jokes on Set - "That's not funny!"

A Top Star's Competition

Taehyung laughed out loud when Jungkook had left for the bathroom and immediately ran over to Jungkook's bottle of water. 

They were in a kitchen set for the next scene and everyone was preparing for it. Seeing sugar and salt as part of the props on the kitchen counter by the sink, Taehyung snatched both jars and opened the lid. Finding a tablespoon in the drawer, he poured out a full tablespoon of salt and tipped the contents into Jungkook's water bottle. 

Next, he quickly poured another full tablespoon of sugar and added it as if he was putting together a dish. 

 

He thanked Jungkook's manager internally for getting him a water bottle that was not transparent because with the amount of salt and sugar he put in, it wouldn't dissolve everything with the amount of water in it. 

Giving it a good shake, Taehyung placed Jungkook's water bottle where he found it just as he walked out of the bathroom, drying his hands on his pants. 

 

"Oh, boys are you both ready? We're starting soon so make sure you know your lines. Do what you need to do, we'll start in five." a producer told them as the director was sitting himself in his chair, mentally readying himself for another scene with the two actors. 

 

Jungkook nodded and turned to go grab a drink before they started. Turning around and meeting Taehyung's gaze, he pulled a face childishly before walking past him. 

Keeping a straight face, Taehyung simply walked to the kitchen counter where he was supposed to be for the next scene and eyed Jungkook from a distance. Keeping his lips tightly together, he suppressed a grin when he saw Jungkook open his water bottle to take a drink. 

The said boy took one big gulp before spluttering and coughing. 

 

"What the heck?!" 

Water splattered all over the rug and on the wooden dinner table as Jungkook slammed his drink bottle down and tried to ignore the salty, sweet, he doesn't even know taste that was having a party in his mouth. 

"Pffffwahahahaah!!!" Taehyung collasped laughing on the kitchen counter, almost falling off. 

 

Jungkook snapped his gaze to him and glared, "You did this, didn't you!" Jungkook yelled as he swung his open water bottle to point at Taehyung. 

Unfortunately for him, the open lid caused the water to fly out of it, drenching part of the set. 

 

"What are you two doing right now?!" Director Choi boomed. 

But they weren't listening. 

 

"Oh my gosh, you have crossed the line you nugget!" Jungkook yelled, throwing what was left in his water bottle at Taehyung. 

A clump of undissolved salt and sugar landed on the floor while Taehyung smirked and raised an eyebrow, "You are such a rotten potato chip!" he yells back at him. 

"I am so jealous of all the people who haven't met you!" Jungkook retorts.

"Oh my gosh, your face makes onions cry." 

Jungkook scoffs. 

"Well, take a look at yours. Your face looks like a 'before' picture in a 'before and after'." 

"Are you an idiot? Or only when I'm around?" Taehyung says and Jungkook wants to just smash something, or more like someone. 

"Oh my gosh, talk about yourself. Your stupidity amazes me. Even Hello Kitty said goodbye to you." Jungkook argues back at Taehyung. 

"You wanna go?!" 

"Bring it, smartass!" 

 

They're now standing opposite each other and Taehyung laughs, "At least I'm smart. You're just an ." 

"Say that again, I dare you!" 

 

Director Choi appears in the middle of them and whacks them both with the thick script in his hands. 

"Shut up, you two! Are you two kids or what?" 

 

The two turn away holding their heads frowning, glaring and grumbling incoherent words at each other. 

"Oh, just knock it off!" 

 

"Yes, sir." 

 

Looking around at the messed up set, Director Choi sighed. "Well, we can't film here now." 

"And who's fault is that?" Jungkook mutters bitterly, staring right at the other actor in front of him who only stares right back. 

 

"I said, knock it off!" the director yelled. "You two, we've only filmed a total of three scenes today because you two are being like this. We're going to have to film the outdoor scene instead. Get your managers to drive you there, I'll see you in a bit and you better get yourselves sorted, you hear?" 

Shoving a sugar-salt free water bottle at Jungkook, the director glared at them both before turning away and teling the producers to pack up the cameras as they're changing venue. 

 

 

 

 

"Immature brat." Jungkook mutters.

"Ignorant child." Taehyung mutters back. 

 

Each nudging and shoving each other on the way off the set, their managers grabbed both actors and steered them to the doors and sent each other apologetic smiles. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"Aish, this boy I just want to-ugh!" Jungkook enters his luxury apartment, picking up a pillow on his couch and throwing it onto the rug. 

He sat down on the white leather couch in a huff, crossing his arms. "What is his- why is he so- oh wow I'm getting so angry." Jungkook said out loud, fanning himself with his hand. 

"I need to take a shower." he stood up and walked to his bedroom to fetch some pyjamas all the while muttering to himself about how Taehyung is like a pimple on his face. 

"Oh who am I kidding, my face is perfect." Jungkook scoffs and then laughs. 

 

 

 

 

 

"That Jungkook, I just-just- wow, I have no words." Taehyung laughs disbelievingly as he enters his condomonium that evening. "Hello Kitty said goodbye to me? Pfft. Hello Kitty loves me." 

Going to his bedroom and shrugging out of his outfit, he takes a pair comfortable pants and goes to the bathroom, "Well, better take a shower and rest before the night shooting." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"CUT, CUT, CUT!" Director Choi swings his hands in a frantic motion, clearly frustrated at the two actors on set. 

 

"You were meant to come in here! Why were you all the way over there?!" Taehyung tells Jungkook who is giving a glare. 

"Well, excuse you because I did exactly what I was supposed to! You were supposed to check your phone after I laughed at your lame joke!" Jungkook argues. 

"Well, I didn't write that lame joke now, did I?!" 

 

Director Choi flings a pen at them, "I wrote that joke! Who do you think wrote the script?!" 

The pen hit the top of Jungkook's head and he flinched, "Ah!" 

"Pfft, look what you did. Insulting the director's joke now, tsk tsk." Taehyung shakes his head while Jungkook gives him the evil eye from under his bangs.

 

"You also insulted it!" Jungkook and Director Choi yelled at the same time. 

The two producers sitting up front looked at each other and sighed. 

 

It was 10pm and they should've been on the second scene by now. But the two bickering boys over in the middle of the set wouldn't cooperate. It also seemed like the director was getting upset and involving himself after his joke in the script was insulted by the two top actors.  

 

Well, who would laugh for real at a, "How does a train eat? It goes chew chew chew." 

 

"Director Choi," a main PD called out to the director on the chair. "It's 10pm right now, we need to wrap this up so we can go to the other venue on time for the last scene today. Or tonight." 

The young director nodded tiredly. "Boys-" 

 

"Ahh!!!!!! Jeon freaking Jungkook, get that away from me!" Taehyung screeched. 

It was an outdoor scene and Jungkook had somehow managed to find a worm on the ground. Deciding to play with the other for a bit, he picked it up and made a show of pretending to fling it at Taehyung who flinched violently. 

Jungkook laughed out loud and swung the worm left and right in his hand. Taehyung watched with wide eyes, frowning at Jungkook as if to say, 'I'll get you back.'

"Jungkook it's trying to crawl up your finger!" Taehyung pointed, looking absolutely shocked. 

 

"What-?!" Jungkook flipped and dropped the worm on the ground immediately. 

It was Taehyung's turn to laugh and he pointed at Jungkook while holding his stomach and doubling over in laughter. Jungkook clenched his teeth angrily as Taehyung winked playfully at him. "You so deserved that." 

 

"Boys, we are starting in three so sort yourselves out, NOW!" Director Choi motioned to a camera and the two boys hurried into position. 

"Do it right, Scaredy-Cat Kim!" Jungkook yelled over his shoulder as he ran to the bench in the middle of the set. 

"Worry about yourself, Unhyegienic Jeon!" Taehyung yelled back. 

"What even is that?! Everyone knows I'm cleaner than you!" Jungkook shouted. 

 

"CUE!" the director shouted. 

 

"Shi Hyuk, you're here!" Jungkook immediately got into character, something the production crew found hilarious and they snickered to themselves. 

"Minguk! Come here and tell me what was so important." Taehyung also had a character change and causing the production crew to snicker some more. They stopped though, when the director shot them a glare to be quiet. 

 

Jungkook sighed, remembering the script and looked up at Taehyung, walking closer to him. 

"You okay?" Taehyung reached out for him and held him at arms length. 

Nodding, Jungkook sent a sweet smile up at Taehyung before taking one of his hands and leading him to the bench. 

 

"Did I disturb you?" Jungkook asked, looking over at Taehyung as they were seated together.

"Well, not really. You sure everything is okay?" Taehyung asked back, looking worried as he bent forward to get a closer look at the other's face. 

"I'm fine, Shi Hyuk-ah." Jungkook smiled, though still looking tired. "I just wanted to see you." 

He made a move to take the other's hand and Taehyung let him. It was in the script anyway. Jungkook leaned on the other's shoulder and let out another sigh. 

"Minguk, you can tell me what's wrong if there's anything going on, yeah?" 

Jungkook nodded and closed his eyes as Director Choi motioned a camera for another angle. 

 

"Oh yeah, Minguk! I've got a joke to tell you!" Taehyung says suddenly, doing his best to put on a face that showed 'excitement'. 

"Hmm? Yeah, tell me." Jungkook looked up from his place on Taehyung's shoulder, expecting the worst joke he heard in the history of jokes. 

 

Laugh as if it's hilarious.

Jungkook told himself, readying himself for the train joke. 

 

"How does a train eat?" 

"How?" Jungkook asked. 

"It goes chew chew chew." 

 

Ew.

Jungkook smiled, before starting his fake laugh at the joke. 

 

"CUT!" 

 

The two boys look up to Director Choi in surprise. "What's wrong? I thought I did a pretty decent job of laughing." Jungkook asked. 

The director only shook his head, "No, it's not working. Change the joke, or something Taehyung. Make Jungkook laugh or at least something that can make him laugh convincingly." 

Taehyung nodded in thought. 

"Also, look like the joke is funny when you say it. The way you said it made it look like it wasn't going to be funny." 

"It isn't, though." Jungkook and Taehyung both muttered softly at the same time. They looked at each other in surprise and suppressed smiles. 

 

"Okay, we'll take it from the line 'I've got a joke to tell you.' Okay?" 

The two actors nodded and Jungkook leaned his head on the other's shoulder again. 

 

"You better laugh convincingly, your head is heavy. I don't want to do this anymore than I have to." Taehyung said to Jungkook. 

Jungkook scoffed and lifted his head to look at the other in the eye. "You better come up with something good then." 

Leaning his head on Taehyung's shoulder again, Director Choi was going to give the signal when Taehyung suddenly straightened up on the bench, knocking Jungkook's head of his shoulder. 

"Ah! I know why your head is so heavy!" Taehyung said, as if he remembered something. 

"Oh really? Why." Jungkook deadpans. 

"It's because you've got rocks in there instead of a brain!" Taehyung says to him. 

"Oi." Jungkook shoves the other's head, but Taehyung just laughs. "Was that your joke? Not funny." 

 

"Must you get on each other's nerves everytime we have a break in the middle of a cut scene?" Director Choi reprimanded, motioning to a camera. 

 

"Standby. CUE!" 

 

"Oh yeah! Minguk, I've got a joke to tell you!" Taehyung says. 

"Hmm, yeah? What is it?" Jungkook says from Taehyung's shoulder. 

 

"What do you call a bee that was born in America?" 

 

Well, this is new.

Jungkook thought, genuinely curious. 

 

"What?" he asks. 

"A USB!" 

 

The production crew grins at the joke and some shake their heads with a smile. 

It took Jungkook a few seconds to catch on, but he gets it and starts to smile. He's about to start laughing for real when the Director yelled "CUT!" 

 

Taehyung and Jungkook sigh. Again?  

 

"What's wrong now? I was about to laugh. Really." Jungkook says, leaning back on the park bench. 

"Faster. You took too long to laugh. When he says it you're meant to laugh right away." 

 

"But I didn't get it at the start." Jungkook groans. They're going to have to do it again. 

Taehyung nudged him, "It was pretty good though, right?" 

Jungkook looked over at him, "Hmm, well. It wasn't bad." he mutters. 

 

"Again! Taehyung, say a joke that even Jungkook can understand." 

Taehyung laughs, "Hey! That was a good one, Director Choi!" 

Jungkook frowns as he sits up, "That was mean, Director! What do you mean by 'even Jungkook can understand'?" 

"He means your're slow, Jungkook." Taehyung teases. 

"You are in no position to say that me." Jungkook squints at him. 

 

 

"Standby! CUE!" 

 

 

"Oh yeah! Minguk, I've got a joke to tell you!" 

"Hmm, yeah? What is it, tell me." Jungkook asks. 

 

"What's the heaviest type of dumpling?" 

 

He better not say me.

Jungkook thought, angrily. Already expecting the answer, he says, "What?" as gently as he could without the angry tone. 

 

"A wonton!" Taehyung grins and Jungkook's lips immediately twitch up into a smile. That was pretty good. 

In no time at all, Jungkook starts giggling, then he laughs. 

 

The two of them are laughing together and Director Choi gestures at another camera. 

He catches the eyes of them for a brief second and motions for the next part of the scene they had to act out. Taehyung's phone beeps and he stops laughing to look for it in his jeans pocket. 

 

"Oh, Minguk. I have to go now. You can get back by yourself, right?" 

Jungkook stops laughing and looks up at Taehyung who was standing up, him still sitting on the bench looking slightly panicked and sad. 

"W-Why?" he says, as a thin film of tears covers his eyes. 

 

Director Choi motions a camera for a close up on Jungkook's face and another for Taehyung's face to capture their face expressions. 

"Something came up. I'll see you tomorrow, Minguk! See ya later and call me when you get home!" Briefly hugging him, Taehyung turns and runs out of the scene and Jungkook is still seated on the bench. 

Jungkook looks down at the ground and sighs, looking in the direction where Taehyung left as if to look at the retreating back of Taehyung's character. 

 

 

"CUT!" the Director called after a few seconds. 

Jungkook immediately lost the sad expression and looked towards the director. "Okay?" 

The director nodded in approval and Taehyung moved back onto the set. "How was it? Good?" 

 

"Well, you got Jungkook laughing so, success!" Director Choi hopped down from the the director's chair after yelling out to the production crew. "Pack it up, everyone! We'll continue tomorrow!" 

"Director Choi, what about the next scene?" a producer asked as he picked up a camera bag. 

"Tomorrow. We're done for today, I don't think I can stand this any longer." Director Choi said. "It's enough for one day."  

He watched as Jungkook looked suspiciously as his bottle of mango juice that his manager bought for him. He looked to Taehyung. 

Getting what he was suspicious about, Taehyung grinned cheekily as he pretended he actually put something in there again like the salt and sugar in his water. 

Jungkook made a face before walking over to Taehyung and holding it out for him. "You drink it first." 

Raising a brow, he says, "Why? Scared?" he grins. 

 

Scoffing, Jungkook s the bottle at the other's chest. "Drink it, so I know you didn't put anything in it." 

Taehyung takes it and raises it to his lips. He takes a big gulp and hands it back to him. 

"Thanks for that. Refreshing." 

Jungkook takes the bottle back and brings it to his lips, he raises the bottle up to drink just as Taehyung says, "I spat in that." 

Spluttering, Jungkook takes the bottle away from his mouth that instant, causing mango juice to drip down his chin and some to  spill on the floor. 

 

Laughing, Taehyung pats Jungkook's head. "Kidding." 

Jungkook wasn't taking any chances as he stomps over to the bin and throws away the mango juice after he glares and smacks Taehyung's hand away from his hair. 

"You unripe tomato, what is wrong with you?" Jungkook kicks the other's shin and Taehyung flinches. "That hurt! And oh, look, who's the cleaner one out of us?" he says as he notes mango juice on Jungkook's chin. 

"Auww, it's going to get sticky!" Jungkook whines, sending another glare at Taehyung before stomping off. 

Smiling, Taehyung takes a tissue from his manager and damps it with water from his drink bottle. He walks over to Jungkook looking at his reflection in the tinted window of his van, trying to wipe of the sticky substance with his hands though getting his hands sticky in the end. 

 

"Here." Taehyung sticks the damp tissue on Jungkook's foreheard before walking back to talk to the managers who were having a conversation with Director Choi. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------

Hello

I hope you enjoyed the update

90+ subscribers? Thank you!

And oh, the jokes used in this chapter, such as the train joke, the usb joke and the wonton joke it's all been found on instagram and the internet. Not sure about you, but I thought they were hilarious. And oh, I also searched on the internet for some insults. Though there were alot with swears so I avoided those. I found some pretty funny ones though. Like the hello kitty one for example ^^ Well, I found them pretty funny. 

Leave a comment to let me know what you think! 

Bye