Public humiliation - "This is live TV what do you think you're doing?"

A Top Star's Competition

At the tiny table during breakfast, young actor Kim Taehyung made sure to send glares over to Jungkook every now and then while abusing the poor vegetables on his china plate. 

 

"Do you have a problem with me?" Jungkook says casually, putting a brocolli in his mouth and looking around for more food on the table. 

Instead of answering, he reaches out his fork and stabs at a piece of carrot Jungkook was going for in the centre of the table, leaning back in his chair and shoving the vegetable in his mouth all the while keeping eye contact. He was not losing this staring competition that he initiated. 

 

It was childish to everyone and Taehyung knew that too. But Jungkook and Taehyung deem this important and they give each other a staredown that seems nothing short of comical to Namjoon and Jin as well as to the Chinese couple seated beside them. 

 

"If you two tried to become friends or at least get along, you'd probably have a good time together. Now stop killing the vegetables and eat some fruit, Taehyung." Namjoon shoves an apple piece in his face, the fruit hitting his nose by accident. 

Taehyung grabs the fruit and glares. "Don't do that, I don't want my nose sticky with apple juice." he snaps, breaking eye contact and chomping down on the fruit noisily. 

Jungkook snorts and rolls his eyes, proceeding to grab his cup nearby and glancing around the kitchen. 

 

"Do you need something?" Jin asks and Yixing looks up from place at the table. 

"I want green tea." he states. 

"Oh, we've got some. I'll go and boil some water for you." Yixing says, getting up. 

Jungkook places the cup back down and was just going to resume eating when a smack on the back of his head made him look up in surprise. 

Jin was sporting a matching glare with Namjoon and was about to glare back when Jin speaks, 

"He's not your servant. Say 'thank you' at the very least. I didn't raise you like this." 

 

Feeling the smug look Taehyung was surely giving Jungkook, he avoids the other's eyes but mutters a soft 'thank you' to the host anyway. 

Yixing laughs it off and waves his hand in the air, telling them to not worry about that. 

 

"Why can't you just wait until we go back for you to drink green tea?" Jin says, dramatically raising his arms exasperately. 

"It's something I drink in the morning, hyung. Thanks for paying attention to me all this time." Jungkook says sarcastically. 

"Why?" Taehyung questions. 

Jungkook looks up at Taehyung and starts talking. "It boosts metabolism and it's good for you, I read." 

"...Okayy." he drawls, uninterested and he looks around the table for more food. 

"Don't ask if you're not going to listen!" Jungkook childishly throws a piece of apple at the other, successfully hitting him on the crown of his head. 

"Hey!" Taehyung glares. 

 

"Can you not-!" Namjoon hits the both of them and Jin sighs like a princess. "Thank you, dear." he says gratefully, the nickname being something he addresses everyone with. 

"Honestly, I swear we manage these kids together." Namjoon mutters. 

 

"You're going to get wrinkles when you're in your late twenties, can you just not." Jin rolls his eyes when he sees the two frowning. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"Thank you very much for allowing us to stay in your home yesterday night. Especially since we weren't even invited." Jin says, motioning to himself and Jungkook. 

"Oh no, no. It's alright. It's been quite enjoyable and, well, fairly interesting. It's certainly a mood change!" Yixing says happily with Kris beside him. 

Jin and Namjoon thanked the couple as Jungkook packed his things in the car, wearing spare clothes that were always kept in the back of the van when needed. 

Taehyung was with Baekhyun and Chanyeol, trying to spend as much time he could with them before he had to go. It would be a while since he would see them again so Taehyung made sure to give his cousin a long hug and his boyfriend a friendly embrace and a grateful smile. 

 

"You two look after each other. Especially you." Taehyung motions his head to the little boy in front of him. 

"I'll look after him, you don't need to worry." Chanyeol grins big and loops a long arm around Baekhyun. 

"Thanks for visiting, Tae. I love you!" Baekhyun pushes Chanyeol's arm off him as he makes a heart above his head with his arms and sticking his hip to the side, grinning. 

Chuckling, Taehyung shows off his charming boxy-smile and waves to the two before heading to his van, having to borrow Jin's spare clothes since he and Namjoon didn't bring any. His clothes that were drenched from the rain were already washed, but he decided to give them another wash for safe measure when he got back. 

Not that he trusted the hygiene in the countryside, no offense. 

 

"Taehyung, come on. Say goodbye and get in the van. We need to get back in time for the interview." Namjoon calls to him as he makes his way down the footpath, Jungkook with Jin already in their van. 

After a quick hug and a boxy grin, Taehyung runs after his manager. "What interview?" he questions, falling into step with Namjoon. 

"A live show with Jungkook to talk about the upcoming film, of course. It's been scheduled today at around 5:00pm." 

Taehyung blinks. "Was I meant to prepare for anything? Questions?" 

"Well, I think you're just going to have to improvise." Namjoon shrugs. "It isn't like you know what they're going to ask you." 

Taehyung nods, getting into the van as Namjoon gets into the drivers seat. Waving to the couple by their door, he starts the engine and waits for Jin to start driving so he could move the van onto the road as well. Jin's van in front, Namjoon had to wait for him to start moving and he trailed after the other on the trip back to the city. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"On the show live today, we have wonderful guests, actors Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook. Please welcome them onto the show." the host says, introducing them and clapping with cue cards in hand. 

Walking on stage, the two actors waved and smiled at the cheers and fans in front of them. They sit down in the chairs provided and the host motions for the audience to be quiet so the talk show could start. 

 

"Thank you very much for being with us here today." he says. 

Taehyung and Jungkook nod and smile in acknowledgement as the MC flips through his cards. 

"We're here today to ask some questions about the new film directed by Choi Min Jun, Sentimental Attachment." he starts off. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first film that has ever had you both as the main leads?" 

"Yes, that's right." Taehyung answers, putting the mic down once he finished. 

"How are your experiences in working together? There's been very limited interaction with both of you since your debut films, though there have been many hoping for the two of you to cross paths." 

"Well, it's surely different than working with other actors. I can tell you that." Taehyung says, dipping his head and grinning, bringing about laughs from the audience. 

"Would you like to explain a bit more on that?" the host asks, interested. 

Raising his mic, Taehyung is about to speak when Jungkook beats him, raising his own mic and speaking, "He's a little bit more difficult to work with." he states, causing more laughter from the audience and the host chuckles. 

Taehyung frowns. He brings his mic up and nudges Jungkook's shoulder and it was not impossible to hear the screaming of fans as Jungkook turns and flashes an oh-so-innocent smile at him, showing bright bunny teeth and a teasing glance. 

"I'm not that bad, at least not as bad as you." Taehyung counters, and the audience and the host laugh again. 

Ignoring Taehyung, Jungkook turns back to the host and says, "Should I tell you a little episode on set?" 

Taehyung frowns again. What is he up to? 

 

Hearing the cheers of excitement, Jungkook laughs beautifully at the crowd and the MC. "Well, it wasn't too long ago when we had to film a bit of an intimate scene." he winks playfully at the crowd, teasing and he says, "That's something you can look forward to when the movie comes out." 

Cheers were heard and Jungkook secretly glances at Taehyung, very quickly it went unnoticed by the other. "Anyway, the Director called him out for being too stiff. But isn't he a top star actor?" Jungkook opens his eyes wide and grins, pointing the mic to the audience as they shout in agreement. 

"Maybe he just wanted to film with me longer because maybe he might actually like it." Jungkook says, bringing the mic back to himself and turning his body to look at Taehyung and smiling so big and teasingly that his cheeks hurt. 

The onslaught of loud shouting and cheering and fans going off their rocker, Taehyung stares incredulously. 

Shocked speechless, Taehyung feels angry because what the hell is he saying. Even if it was obviously for show, Taehyung didn't like it with him being put out like that. 

Bringing the mic up to his mouth, Taehyung tries to explain and defend himself. "Excuse me, but that is nonsense. No such thing happened and what intimate scene? Don't create misunderstandings here, Jungk-" 

"Don't need to be shy, dear Taehyungie." Jungkook grins, but Taehyung can spot the hidden smirk. 

 

This motherer- 

"What- That's not true! Stop it!" Taehyung says, feeling the heat of humiliation racing up his neck, to his ears and cheeks. 

The MC laughs, amused as Jungkook laughs again. 

 

"Thanks for sharing, Jungkook. Now I'd like to ask another question, to save Taehyung from feeling too embarassed." the host smiles and Jungkook chuckles along with him. 

Taehyung clenches his teeth behind shut lips. 

"Why haven't you so much as waved or greeted each other since your debut movies?" 

Jungkook raises the mic to answer, but the host offers the question to Taehyung. "Taehyung, how about you answer this one?" 

"Well, it's because our debut movies came out around the same time. It was a bit of, say, competition or rivalry? The company were trying to promote their new actors then, to the public and to the media as well." Taehyung answers, seriously. Hoping that the fake story before would become forgotton. 

 

Tough luck. 

 

"Maybe he liked me then?" Jungkook teases, laughing yet again.

 

Too shy to talk to Jungkook? Uhm, excuse me?! 

Taehyung's eyebrows knit together and meet in the middle of his head. 

 

"You're being very playful this evening, aren't you?" the host laughs with him. 

"Will you stop that? Since when have I liked you?" Taehyung says as calmly as he could, though with slightly knitted eyebrows.

Dramatic gasp cue. Jungkook turns to him, obviously putting on a show and says, "You don't like me?" 

Knowing his answer was being written down, he says carefully in order to protect his image. "Not in that way." Whines and teasing sounds of disagreement cue. 

"Why, do you like me? Your real life love interest?" Taehyung asks Jungkook, two can play at this game. 

Scofffing, Jungkook changes his attitude and rolls his eyes, "No. Oh please, spare me." he says, shifting around to the host and letting out silent laughter as he falls back in the seat, clapping his hands in glee. 

Okay, maybe Taehyung couldn't play the game. 

 

Humilitating. Absolutely humiliating. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the talk show ended with questions such as, 'how would you describe the movie?' 'what do you think of the story and plot?' 'what is your favourite part of the movie?' 'what do you think about your characters?' 'describe your roles.' 'who do you intend to take to the premiere?', Taehyung was more than happy to leave the stage. 

Keeping a cool expression, he waves and gives a tight lipped smile, walking down the stairs at the edge of the live show stage. 

Jungkook however, waves happily and smiles as he makes his exit with Taehyung ahead. 

The talk didn't end without Jungkook putting in playful comments about Taehyung and embarrasing stories and points about him that almost brought Taehyung over the edge. Mostly made up. One in particular nearly bringing Taehyung to tears. 

 

Backstage, he stormed away from Jungkook who was feeling very proud of himself and was in very high spirits. He had managed to embarrass Taehyung, making him look like he had a secret, embarassing crush on him, even though a lot of it was obviously for the show. 

Laughing, Jungkook ran to catch up with Taehyung who was furious with him, him ignoring his manager and making his way straight off the backstage area back to the waiting rooms. 

He too walked past Jin who was trying to grab him, looking like he had a lot to say. Namjoon looked displeased and was about to run after the fuming actor when Jungkook made his way to him before he did. 

 

"Hey, Taehyung! Taehyung-! Oop, sorry." Jungkook said, accidentally bumping into a staff member. 

Taehyung ignored his calls, pushing past black double doors and into the hallway leading to a line of waiting rooms. Jungkook followed him, hearing Jin and Namjoon's heels of their boots clicking after them. 

his lips, he sees Taehyung push past staff members bustling around for the next show. 

"Taehyung!" Jungkook calls again, only to be ignored a second time. 

 

Sticking close to the walls so that the staff could do their jobs, Jungkook jogged after the other actor and grabbed his arm, stopping him. 

"Hey, what's the rush?" he laughs, and Taehyung swings around so fast that Taehyung probably got whip lash and Jungkook had barely anytime to blink before his hand is thrown off Taehyung's arm, Taehyung wrenching it away from Jungkook's grasp. 

 

"Don't ing touch me." he growls, dangerously. Eyes glaring and absolutely infuriated. 

"Haha, hey, what's the matter with you-" Jungkook says, chuckling nervously and unconsciously taking a step back. 

"You humiliated me on live TV and you have the audacity to ask me what the ing matter is?!" 

Gaining a few concerned glances, Jungkook swallows and hurriedly pulls the both of them into a vacant waiting room. 

 

"Listen, I-" 

"No, you listen." Taehyung snaps. "I know you and I hate each other but didn't you take it a bit too far this time?" 

"I was just kidding-" Jungkook says, but Taehyung continues his rant. 

"How did you think I was feeling up there? Did you think I enjoyed it all, enjoyed all the fake, must I mention misleading stories you put out there of me? Humiliating, Jungkook. Absolutely mortifying." he glares, speaking the truth. 

Even then, he could feel the mockery of him being made on stage as well as his family

Stunned into guilty silence, Jungkook begins regretting his childish actions on the set that had brought Taehyung to total hell

"I-I'm-" 

"And how dare you make fun of Baekhyun hyung's accident and make it seem like a joke? I don't know how you did it, but if I were in the audience I would have laughed at the way you told the story. But no. I'm his immediate cousin and it was utterly embarassing. And you had to, just had to mention me crying at your fairytale about my cousin's near death!" Taehyung screamed. 

Angry tears well up in Taehyung's eyes and he turns around so Jungkook doesn't see them falling.

It wasn't his family what gives him the right to talk about them like that?!

Wiping furiously with his sleeves, he takes a shaky breath in. 

 

The door clicks open and Namjoon and Jin are at the door. Namjoon immediately goes over to Taehyung, ignoring the rest of them as he pulls Taehyung into his chest and lets the other calm down. 

Jin rubs Jungkook's shoulder, comfortingly even though he's not too happy with him either. But they'll sort it out. 

 

"I could hear you from all the way out there, in the hallway." Jin says softly, "Uhm, more like Taehyung." he says after a second-thought. 

 

Looking at a very emotionally wrecked Taehyung with his head buried in his manager's embrace, Jungkook feels nothing short of ashamed and guilty. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You've really done it this time. 

Jungkook sighs. If Taehyung hated him before, he didn't want to think about what he thought of him now. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------

Hello

Thank you for 380+ subscribers, it's amazing! It's not a huge number compared to some other stories, but hey it's still readers! Thank you for all those who commented and subsribed and even upvoted. 

I'm so sorry for not updating in a while. I hope this long chapter will make up for it.

I've been on holidays for a couple of days, since last friday and so I'll have plenty of time for this story. 

Friendly reminder that I do have a life and as much as I like updating for you all I'd like to relax from this hectic year, since next year will be more hectic, but of course I can never get too much of Taehyung and Jungkook! And BTS! 

 

Describing this chapter? I'm pleased haha. though there are still a few things i should have mentioned and i probably will next chapter

The next chapter won't be too long ahead, I hope. See you all then! 

 

I'd like to promote a fanfic I was supposed to promote a long time ago. It's a beautiful story and just AHHH~!!! 

My aff friend mon3108 wrote it. It's a one chapter fic and I'd really, really, really recommend you read it. 

Butterflies and Blossom Petals - It's so utterly lovely and just <3. It's Taekook too.

 

Let's give love to our boys! BTS's performances are so good. They have a busy schedule with comeback so I hope they all stay healthy and hope they enjoy promotions