For The Night, Awkward Mornings - "Rise and Shine, hunny."

A Top Star's Competition

It was awkward. To say the least. Jungkook and Taehyung were laying down right beside each other in the less than spacious room. 

Honestly, why did they have to be plastered right next to each other? Oh right, Taehyung had said that the other side of the room was too cold as it was right by the door that led outside. 

 

It was one of those houses that had those screen doors leading to outdoor fantasies, with a porch at the front. The ones where you sleep on light bedding on the floor. 

Jungkook who didn't want to be cold the entire night had decided to stay right where he was. He wasn't moving to the other side of the room only to be cold. The cost was that he had no other option than to sleep next to Kim Taehyung. 

 

 

Jungkook bit his lip. 

Taehyung shifted and turned, back facing Jungkook as he prepared to sleep. Unlike the other, he was neither nervous nor awkward and wanted nothing more than to sleep and to give his body time to relax. 

Jungkook, trying to sleep beside him was another thing. His heart was thumping steadily in his chest as he heard the other simply breathe. His stomach was making him feel funny with slight nervousness. Had Taehyung always had this effect on him? 

 

"T-Taehyung.." Jungkook says softly, calling for the other. Almost surprised by the gentleness in his voice contrasting to his usual I-don't-care-about-Kim-Taehyung voice whenver they were arguing. 

When he receives no response, he turns his head slightly to see the back of the other's head, only seeing his hair. 

He his lips. 

"Taehyung?" he speaks louder now, though he doesn't dare to give him a slight nudge. 

"Hmm.." Taehyung says, turning over to face Jungkook now. But his eyes are closed, seeming to be in a half-conscious state. 

 

Not even. Taehyung was slipping in an out of a sleep-driven state. He mumbled again. 

"Hmm... uhmm...." 

Jungkook stares at Taehyung, shocked into silence to see Taehyung's face up so close to his. He swallowed. 

Taehyung's skin looked as soft as silk and his lashes delicately fluttering on his skin with closed lids. His hair was covering his forehead, though it had moved to the side as he was facing Jungkook, revealing a part of his smooth skin. If Taehyung had been awake then, Jungkook was sure that he would be absolutely mesmerised by chocolate irises. 

 

What was he thinking about so late at night? Taehyung was absolutely going to say something if he opened his eyes and saw Jungkook staring at him like he was art. 

But he couldn't bring his eyes elsewhere and Taehyung had fallen asleep. He was far from sleepy and he was so taken by the other actor in front of him. Unconciously, Jungkook leaned closer to the other male. He stopped only centimetres away and he could feel Taehyung's breath on his face. 

Jungkook felt his heart speeding up with the close proximity. But eventually he calmed, feeling Taehyung's breath fanning his cheeks and face relaxed Jungkook and he found himself drifting to sleep with the sound of Taehyung's slow breaths and warm air on his face. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

Jungkook stirred and opened his eyes. It was still early in the morning, considering the lighting in the room was still dark. 

He was greeted with a shock when he realised that not only were his face closer to Taehyung than the night before, but their bodies moved closer together that they were side by side with Jungkook's arm thrown over Taehyung's waist. How did that happen..

Taehyung's hand was right at his chest while his head leant forward a little, his forehead almost touching the other's. 

Unmoving, Jungkook continued to stare with wide eyes. 

Taehyung looked so calm and even in the morning with his face kind of swollen, he still managed to look so handsome.

 

What was wrong with him? He's been unsually interested and blown away by the mere appearance of Taehyung. 

It was only when he shifted slightly did he feel a slight numbness in his right foot. 

 

He remembered the look Taehyung had given him as he bent over to treat his wound. It was nothing serious, and yet Taehyung looked at him with Jungkook swears it was concern. 

Sleepy again and not thinking, Jungkook leaned his head forward this time, connecting their foreheads together and closing his eyes to sleep. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taehyung's eyes flutter and they open slowly. He's greeted with Jungkook's sleeping face right near his. Surprisingly, he doesn't get an immediate shock and jolt away. Instead he looks straight at the other and not moving once inch, he calls out to the sleeping boy to wake him. 

 

"Jungkook." he mutters. 

When the other doesn't reply, he calls again. 

"Jungkook-ah." 

 

Frowning and waking up again, Jungkook comes face to face to Taehyung. He could just stretch out his neck and they'd be kissing. They were that close. 

"What are you doing?" Taehyung asks. 

Jungkook jumps, pulling back from him. "I-I-" 

 

"I don't remember us sleeping so close together." Taehyung says. 

 

I do. 

Jungkook thinks. 

"Neither." Yes, I remember. 

Taehyung looked at him, lazily raising an eyebrow. "If you say so." 

 

Jungkook glances at Taehyung just as the other speaks, "By the way, you have a pretty cute face that I'm not even annoyed that you were all up in my personal space." 

Jungkook then glares, unsure of whether that was a compliment or not. 

 

There's a knock on their door and Namjoon enters with Jin behind. "Hey, you guys up? Breakfast is ready so come eat with the rest of us." Jin says. 

"Sure." Taehyung answers. 

"Okay." Jungkook replies. 

 

When Jin leaves for the kitchen with Namjoon behind him, Jungkook quickly glances at Taehyung before dropping his gaze shyly into his lap. 

 

What should I say? I practically brought myself right next to him. 

Jungkook thinks. 

 

He looks up when he hears his name being called by Taehyung, now sitting up. 

"Jungkook, you want to wash up first? There's only one bathroom and I don't want to hold you up." 

Jungkook just looks up and nods. Without another word, Jungkook gets up and makes his way to the bathroom. Limping slightly with an injured foot. 

 

Taehyung yawns loudly, mouth wide open as he stretches his arms out beside him and drops back onto the bedding, falling asleep almost immediately again. 

Jungkook turns around at the sound and frowns immediately. 

 

Just when I thought he was being considerate. He actually just wants to sleep some more! 

Huffing, the turns around and stomps away. As much as he can with a sore foot. 

 

When he's finished, he holds his damp towel in his hand that he used to dry his face and stops by Taehyung's side. Tilting his head, he innocently looks down at him still sleeping and then he lifts up his hand, swinging it right onto Taehyung's face, smacking him hard. 

With moisture in the towel, it left a sting and Taehyung woke up with a swelling cheek and a cheeky Jungkook smirking at him, swinging the towel in his hand. 

 

"Ow, what the hell?!" he yells. 

"Rise and shine, hunny." Jungkook says, his teasing 'hunny' intended to grate on the other's nerves. 

"Don't 'hunny' me, you bastard!" he growls in response. 

This serves to widen the other's smile even more as he sees an angry Taehyung with a red cheek. 

 

"Who's saying honey?" Namjoon and Jin are back at the door when they hear yelling. 

Taehyung whirls his head to the door. 

 

"No one!" he yells. 

"What, stop shouting!" Jin protests, almost offended that he got yelled at without even doing anything. "And will you hurry up? Your food is going to get cold and we need to drive back to Seoul." 

"Fine." Taehyung gets up, muttering incohorently and glaring at the other. 

 

"See you at breakfast. Wash up well, don't want anyone to find out what we did last night." Jungkook says, almost bursting out into laughs and sending a flirty wink when Taehyung sends him a scandalous look. 

"What did we-" he starts to say. 

 

But Namjoon and Jin take his words another way. 

"What did you do last night?!" Jin yells now. 

"N-Nothing!" Taehyung shouts back, defending himself and confused at how he got involved in all of this. 

When he looks to Jungkook hardly able to contain his laughter, everything seems like a joke and Taehyung wants to strangle him. He was just acting! 

 

"It was a joke! Calm dow-" Taehyung starts to say. 

"NO! What did you do yesterday?! It better not be , ya' nasty." Jin continues to speak. 

"What?! No, listen to me-" 

"Taehyung-" 

"I'm out." Taehyung grabs his clothes and runs for the bathroom. Jungkook can explain for him. After all, who was the one who made up a ridiculous situation? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------

Hello

Sorry for the late update. The second half is unedited and the chapter was terrible I'm so sorry. 

I will read it over after I run. 

 

DASI RUN RUN RUN~

Yes, I love the new MV and song and so proud of the boys for winning Best World Performer at MAMA Awards. And of course, I watched the whole MAMA Awards show and Red Carpet live since 4pm to 12am. 

Resulting in 74 percent for my science test. I cried. 

And YES THE GOT7 AND BTS COLLABORATION WAS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS I'VE EVER WITNESSED. 

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lovely princess JIN~! Love you Princess! <3

Bye