Cellphone Apology - "I hope you're not still mad at me."

A Top Star's Competition

If there was one thing Jungkook hated the most was feeling guilt staining his conscience. And that was exactly what was happening when he watched the interview rerun on TV and scrolled through articles already posted online. Taehyung's face plastered all over the media witholding in them something not so nice. That only he seemed to see, apparently. 

 

"And then I saw it! Tears! Oh, dear Taehyungie really holds his family in high regard, don't you?" 

"Jungkook, stop it-" 

"Ahaha! Ahh.. well. It was cute, if I have anything to say." Cue wink and giggle. 

 

Jungkook groans and ruffles his hand in his hair, switching off the TV and throwing the remote to his left on the white leather couch he was currently sprawled on. 

It was now night and from the floor to ceiling windows in the living room of his luxury apartment, he could see the city of Seoul alive with life. Restaurants and stores still open, couples on night dates after work and cars on the road. 

Letting out a heavy sigh, his mind wandered back to Taehyung's face all buried and hidden in Namjoon's shirt. He opens his mouth and what started off as a frustrated groan ends up as a frustrated shout leaving his lips as he turns over on his side, frown etched into his face as Taehyung's angry filled face worms its way into the crevices of his mind. 

 

it. 

He thinks angrily, getting off the couch and snatching up his phone on the coffee table in front of him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taehyung sits in his living room, Namjoon currently making some coffee for the both of them when he finally decides on calling his cousin. 

After a few rings and nervous thumpings of his heart, he hears the line being picked up. 

 

"Hello..?" 

"Hyung." Taehyung responds, greeting Baekhyun. 

"Haha.. uhm. Hey.. how'd your live interview go?" Comes a hesitant reply. 

"It's okay, I know you watched it. No, wait. It's not okay. I-I just-" 

"Tae, it's fine. I'm not hurt about it or anything so you don't have to worry." 

"It's not just about that, it's also about how- how I should have not let you be talked about like that. Especially not from-" 

"I already said it's okay. My feelings aren't hurt. Well, not that badly." 

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry and that I didn't mean for you to feel like you were being made fun of." 

"That was probably what was happening then though, wasn't it?" There comes a dry laugh and Taehyung feels his heart clenching. 

"I-I'm sorry. I'm going to get him to apologise, you just wait." Taehyung tells him, just as Namjoon comes back with two steaming mugs in his hands. "I gotta go. Talk to you soon." 

He hangs up the call before Baekhyun could respond to his words and takes a mug from Namjoon and sets it on the table. He thanks his hyung and blows on the still hot beverage. 

As soon as he sits, Namjoon's phone bleeps. Signalling a message. 

 

Sipping on coffee, Namjoon picks up the phone beside him and peeks at the screen from over the top of his mug. He almost misses Seokjin's name through the steam rising from his coffee. 

Putting his mug on the clear, glass table with a clink, he unlocks his phone while Taehyung opts to turn on the TV and absentmindedly flips through the TV and watches a channel, making sure to avoid the channel showing a rerun of this afternoon's interview. 

 

To : Kim Namjoon

Sender : Kim Seokjin

 

Namjoon, could you give me Taehyung's number? Jungkook wants it. 

 

Sent 7:30pm

 

Eyebrows lifting at the request, he looks over at Taehyung who is now a little bit settled and watching that week's episode of Running Man. 

 

To : Kim Seokjin

Sender : Kim Namjoon

 

What for? 

 

Sent 7:31pm

 

 

To : Kim Namjoon

Sender : Kim Seokjin

 

Hmm.. apology purposes? 

 

Sent 7:31pm

 

 

To : Kim Seokjin

Sender : Kim Namjoon

 

Can that wait? give tae some time

 

Sent 7:31pm

 

 

To : Kim Namjoon

Sender : Kim Seokjin

Can I give Jungkook your number then? Because then he can say what
he wants to say through you and can actually get some sleep tonight

 

Sent 7:32pm

 

Namjoon contemplates this for a moment, and decides to comply because then if Jungkook had written something for Taehyung that might make him even more upset, he could always choose the option to just not show him and get the other to apologise properly. Face to face or whatnot. 

Well, Namjoon was definitely going to be there to watch over Taehyung. And if Jungkook is losing sleep over guilt that he made Taehyung cry then it also means that he's regretting hurting Taehyung's feelings. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To : +1234 567 890

Sender : Jeon Jungkook

Taehyung, it's Jungkook. I'm sorry for what I said on live TV today. I'll see you at the next filming tomorrow. 

 

Just as Jungkook is about to press send, he thinks for a bit before sighing and deleting his text until 'Taehyung, it's Jungkook.What should he write? He grows even more agitated as he can't seem to come up with an apology that makes it seem like the apology is earnest but simple. 

But when Taehyung's shaking shoulders and occasional sniffles appear in his head, he decides to just push his pride away for once and type out what he felt about it all. 

 

To : Kim Namjoon

Sender : +0493 673 323

Taehyung, it's Jungkook. I'm sorry for what I said on live TV today. I hope you're 
not still mad at me. And about your cousin too, I'm sorry if it hurt you. I'll see you
at filming tomorrow. 

Sent 7:55pm

 

When Namjoon sees the text, he feels his heart soften and when Taehyung glances over at him, he sees the softness reflected in his manager's eyes. 

 

"Who is it, hyung?" 

Namjoon simply slides his phone over to Taehyung who picks it up and reads the message, eyes flickering back and forth as he reads the printed letters on the screen. 

And Namjoon knows Jungkook is forgiven when Taehyung simply puts his phone on the table, only to retrieve his own phone and type in Jungkook's number and saving it to his cellphone. 

 

Taehyung really was an angel. This thought flickers in Namjoon's mind. 

 

If it were me, I wouldn't be so forgiving so fast. Especially if it was about my own cousin. 

Namjoon thinks, smiling a soft, gentle smile at the boy who he ever had the pleasure to meet. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

Taehyung arrives on set early the next day, leaning on his van and on a lollipop as he scrolls through the latest article about their interview. 

He stares at the laughing face of Jungkook and himself on screen, though it looks fake to his eyes. Jungkook seemed to be genuinely enjoying his time though, but whatever. What's done is done. He'll just wait for Jungkook to arrive and see if he's got anything to say about it. 

 

Jungkook's van stops right behind his a few minutes after, and Seokjin comes out of the driver's seat. Jungkook following by coming out from the back seat. 

He catches Taehyung's eyes and for a moment the two still, not exactly knowing how to interact or start a conversation. In the end, Jungkook sends a small smile his way before walking off with Seokjin to find the stylist to prepare for his scene starting in 30 minutes. 

 

 

After the first few scenes are completed and Taehyung and Jungkook both get to take a break, Jungkook walks up to where Taehyung and Namjoon are standing near a light stand and a camera currently not running. 

 

"Hey." he says, awkwardly, catching Taehyung's attention. His hands shoved deep in his trouser pockets. 

Taehyung straightens up when he sees the other, and his eyes widen a fraction. He clears his throat as he responds with a, "Hey." of his own. 

Taehyung looks down again, and Jungkook rubs his neck, the awkwardness almost suffocating. Namjoon raises an interested brow over the screen of his phone. 


"I, uhm, I was just wondering, if you, uhm, got my text?" Jungkook says. 

Looking back up, Taehyung nods. 

"You could've messaged me, though. Instead of my manager." 

Jungkook's eyebrows twitch upwards in mild surprise. "Wait, that wasn't your number? Dammit, Seokjin." 

This earns a beautiful, delightful yet short chuckle out of Taehyung. "That's hyung to you, isn't it?" 

"Uhm, yeah, haha." Jungkook smiles, relaxing. 

 

"So, you want my number?" Taehyung asks, holding out a hand. 

Blinking, Jungkook stares at him for awhile. "Really?" 

Taehyung shrugs. "I saved yours in my phone already, from the text you sent to Namjoon hyung." 

"Oh, sure. Okay, here." handing over his phone after fishing it out of his pocket in a slight rush, he watches as Taehyung keys in his number before handing Jungkook's phone back. 

"I'm not sure when we'll be calling or anything, but in case you need it, you've got it?" Taehyung says, somewhat unsure as he chuckles nervously again. 

"Yeah." Jungkook practically beams at him. 

 

"Jungkook and Taehyung! Your scene is coming up in 10!" a producer yells for them in the middle of the set. 

 

They look at each other and start walking together to the edge of set, giving small smiles to each other. 

"Oh, by the way. You still owe my cousin an apology." 

To this, Jungkook turns his head to look at Taehyung. "Yeah, after today I'll give him a text or a call through your phone, if that's okay." 

Taehyung nods. "Sure, whatever's fine. But make sure you mean it." 

"Of course." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taehyung may have forgiven him, but Seokjin had a whole new idea for Jungkook. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------

Hello

Thank you for 400+ subscribers! 

I hope you enjoyed the update. even though it was not very good at all

Sorry for being away for so long

I hope this will do, even though it's actually a less than satisfactory chapter. But from now on, things will pick up and get more exciting!

Your comments from the previous chapter was very cute :')

Leave a comment to let me know what you think! 

Bye