Second-Lead Syndrome - "Because Taehyung."

A Top Star's Competition

It's filming day today, the day after Taehyung stormed out of Jungkook's apartment and the first thing he does when he sees the other is.. nothing. 

He simply walks by him even as Jungkook comes up to him holding something. Oh, his backpack. 

He left it when he exited the luxury apartment and hadn't gone back to get it. 

 

"Taehyung- Taehyung can you wait- Taehyung- ugh." Jungkook stops chasing after the other when he gets ignored, hand dropping to his side after a failed attempt at grabbing the other. 

He watches forlonly as Taehyung walks away from him and up to Yoongi, throwing his arms around the older boy and leaning against him. 

 

Yoongi looks back and sees the actor slumped against him. 

"Get off. What are you doing?" he says, though there's no spite in his words. It was gentle. 

"Hi hyung." he simply responds. 

Yoongi grins. "This is a weird greeting." he says and throws the other's arms off him. 

Taehyung grins back, slightly chuckling. 

 

There's a tap on his shoulder. Taehyung turns around to see Jungkook standing there with a judgemental stare. 

"Can I talk to you?" he says. 

Taehyung blinks at him, smile gone as he says, "You can, but I don't really want to." 

Yoongi rolls his eyes. "Don't be like that, Tae. I know he's an but you can give him time to say what he needs to." 

"Hey! What's the deal?" Jungkook glares. 

"Tae told me everything, don't play innocent. You do anything to him and top star or not you better watch your ." Yoongi tells him. 

 

Nudged forwards by a currently protective Yoongi, Taehyung runs a hand through his hair. 

"Alright Jeon. Ten minutes for an apology or you can forget about-" 

"Here!" Jungkook shoves his backpack into his arms and he almost drops the thing because why the hell is it so heavy

"What did you put in here?! Bricks?!" Taehyung says, incredelous as he has to hoist the thing up for a better grip with both arms. Because Taehyung's a weak little who can't lift. 

Getting a blank stare from the other and a raised brow a second later, Taehyung knows he got the wrong answer. 

"It's rocks isn't it?" Taehyung narrows his eyes. 

Jungkook rolls his own and chose to ignore Taehyung's stupid accusation. 

"Look, I'm sorry I was just feeling a bit sensitive that day. I was up all night and when you showed up, just.." he looks down. 

"What were you doing up all night anyway?" Taehyung says. 

Jungkook points to the bag. 

"What you stayed up all night piling my bag with rocks- wow." This earns him a glare and poorly concealed irritation. 

"I'm kidding. But really, what's in here.." Taehyung drops the bag with a thud and Jungkook flinches as he hears the boxes land. 

 

Damn it, Taehyung be careful with that. 

Jungkook thinks. 

 

Taehyung s his bag which was looking uncharacteristically square. 

Pulling out two large boxes very nicely wrapped, Taehyung stares at them dumbfounded for a moment. 

 

"They're rice cakes." Jungkook states, "For, you know.. you." he finishes lamely. 

Taehyung looks at him, 

"Is this your way of apologising?" he asks. 

He gets a curt nod. 

 

When Jungkook doesn't get a reply back, he's instantly afraid it's not enough. 

"How long did it take you to-" Taehyung changes his words. "Thank you." 

Jungkook turns his eyes to look at Taehyung with his head still trained to the side, a blush forming on his pretty cheeks and he flushes. 

"It's fine. One's for your cousin too." he informs. 

"Have you tried one?" Taehyung asks. 

Looking at the boxes and back at Taehyung, he shakes his head. But then he remembers Jin trying one and almost choking. He didn't say anything after so it probably meant that it was edible and just swallowed too fast. 

"It tastes fine." he assures. 

Taehyung nods and someone calls them to the set. 

 

"Taehyung and Jungkook, you're on next!" a producer yells. 

"Yes, sir!" they call back. 

 

Taehyung turns to look back at Jungkook again and so does the latter. 

Taehyung sends a pretty smile his way and Jungkook's breath hitches for just a moment. 

 

"Thank you." he says again. 

"No, it's alright. Are we good?" Jungkook replies. 

"Apology accepted." he grins. 

 

Alright. Good. Finally. Gosh, how long was I supposed to labour away until he finally forgave me. Or until everyone else forgave me..

Jungkook bitterly thought, Jin, Namjoon, and Taehyung's cousin he's guessing all had something against him for making Taehyung cry. 

At least now he's good with all of them and they're not gonna be breathing down his neck for not sending a proper apology. 

 

Huffing, he straightens out his clothes and heads after Taehyung on the set to film. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"Yoongi!" Taehyung bounds happily over to the other. 

"Hey Tae. You good?" Yoongi says, looking up at the other on the floor where he's resting. 

 

They're currently in a dance room for filming in a rented out building to film a scene of a 'dance with romantic atmosphere' where an argument was going to take place between Taehyung and Jungkook's character. 

"Yeah, got a few NG's though." he makes a face. 

 

Yoongi laughs good naturedly and pulls Taehyung closer when he sits down. "That's alright, I'll help you memorise, yeah?" 

Taehyung gives a boxy smile and leans down onto Yoongi, head resting sideways on his lower chest, almost reaching down to his stomach. 

"Haha." Yoongi laughs as he pets his hair. 

 

As Taehyung settles on Yoongi's chest, there's a certain pair of eyes watching intensely feeling unnaturally disturbed. 

Jungkook watches with beady eyes as Yoongi's hand cards through Taehyung's hair so naturally, and he unknowingly grips his hand around his plastic bottle, crushing it in his hand. 

"Ahem.." 

He turns to see Jin's eyes on his hands before he looks down as sees the bottle, the middle of it damaged. 

 

He his dry lips and offers a sheepish smile, chuckling awkwardly before placing it down on the table next him and brining his eyes back to Taehyung, looking already half-dead on Yoongi's chest. 

Leeting out an annyoed growl, he turns sharply before stalking out the studio and away from the sight in front of him. 

 

Jin watches his exit and so does Namjoon from the side of the studio, Jungkook's growl not loud enough to be heard from where he was standing but loud enough for Jin to hear. He almost laughs when he gets up and goes outside, seeing Jungkook smashing a vending machine in the hallway to give him a soft drink. 

For a few seconds, Jin watches as Jungkook thrash around the faulty thing until it finally spat out a drink. He continues watching Jungkook snap open the can and gulp it down before letting out a burp. That's when Jin laughs and Jungkook turns around, soon enough glaring at him. 

 

"Don't look at me like that, you." Jin rolls his eyes, pushing himself off the door frame and opting to lean against the vending machine instead, in front of the young actor. 

He doesn't get a verbal response, only a roll of the eyes and a slight turn, so he's facing Jungkook side-on. 

"It's Taehyung, isn't it?" Jin guesses, but he knows he's right. Call it mother's instinct if you will. 

"What about that asshat." Jungkook spits, throwing his head back and drinking some more out the Solo can. 

Jin grins. "Don't be salty. That could be you in Yoongi's place." 

A scoff. "And why would I want to be in his place?" 

"Because Taehyung." is Jin's teenager-like response. 

"Because Taehyung, is not a reason, hyung." Jungkook raises the can to his lips again. Only to bring it back down before spitting out a bitter, "Why is he so close with Yoongi-sshi anyway. Since when do they have time to become friends, filming is pretty much all the time!" he glares at nothing in particular, bringing the can up to his lips, aaaand only to bring it back down again for the sake of talking. "To be honest, Yoongi is not that great, like obviously, he should just like come to me I'm WAY, better company." only then does he take a sip. 

One sip, before he's off again. 

"I mean like, why would he when he can come to me instead?" he says, seemingly forgetting that they were at each other's throats twenty hours a day. Frowning and shaking his head as if it was the most absurd thing. 

"Oh, babe.." Jin sighs, slumping further down the vending machine. 

Jungkook turns and looks at him, eyebrows raised. "What?" 

"You embarassed the poor boy in front of a live audience, you made him cry, poisoned him with food, dissed his family, upset him, his manager, and his cousin, yelled at him when he was clearly trying and upset him again. I wouldn't come to you too, babe." Jin says, finishing off by cleaning his nails. 

Jungkook opened his mouth, only to shut it with displeasure and finishing off the soft drink. 

 

He did not need his sins listed down. 

"And also, since filming is pretty much all the time, that's also a reason why two can become close." 

"Well you know what, fu-" a producer comes out to the hallways and spots Jin and Jungkook, an exaperated look coming across his features. 

"There you guys are, come on we're starting the next scene in five." he disappears back inside the black doors and Jin looks at him pointedly. 

"You gonna go for the catch?" he wiggles his eyebrows. 

Jungkook looks at him in disgust as his eyebrows dance all over his face and he pushes past with his drink, throwing whatever was left inside into the bin outside the doors before he too entered the studio again. 

 

He's greeted with Yoongi and Taehyung going over lines one last time. 

When Yoongi feels eyes, he glances around the studio and locks eyes with Jungkook. Jungkook's eyes darken as he stares at the senior, almost glaringly. 

 

And what the , because Yoongi is confused as anything as he had done nothing. Maybe besides caling him an but really? His own eyes turn in a piercing stare until Taehyung catches sight of the scene. 

Jungkook looks at Yoongi after taking a glance at Taehyung and like always, pulls a face. He then turns around, nonchalantly like the other wasn't even there and wasn't worth his valuable time. 

 

When he turns around, he sees an enraged Yoongi in the embrace of Taehyung who is trying to calm the other down before he straight out threw a punch. But Yoongi's little arms could be broken like toothpicks so Taehyung is trying to save him the pain. 

Jungkook feels a tightening in his chest and he turns his head away sharply, not wanting to see the sight in front of him anymore than he did. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"Do you not like Yoongi, or what?" Taehyung comes up to him during their filming break. 

"It's not that I don't, why do you ask?" Jungkook asks. 

Taehyung narrows his eyes, "Don't provoke him. He's a sensitive dynamite. One wrong move and he explodes." he says, ignoring the other's question. 

Jungkook scoffs, "Yeah, no kidding. I call your name and I get called an ." 

"He's actually really sweet. So leave him alone if you don't like him." Taehyung makes a face at him, defending the other actor before bounding over like ing Bambi to his precious Yoongi. 

Jungkook's almost surprised at his thoughts. Since when did he start sounding like a jealous little brat. 

 

Suddenly a thought hits him. 

 

Yes, that's right. 

Jungkook thinks, feeling like sudden realisation dawning on him. 

 

That makes perfect sense. Haha, why didn't I think of this earlier? 

He almost laughs insanely. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taehyung's just got second-lead syndrome. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------

Hello

I'M SO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR LIKE THREE MONTHS. I have been working on this chapter on and off for the past week or so and have now the chance to update this on a long break. 

It's not the best but we'll see some progression going on soon and for those who have been worried about me and I've read all your sweet comments I really, really thank you. Like how can you have so much care and consideration for someone you don't know? I kind of know what idols feel when they say they love their fans because they give their support and it's probably not on that level, but I really am so thankful for your support, I love you and I'll repay with better chapters what will make you laugh. 

Though I can't honestly say I've been doing well, I've been doing better, so that's good haha. 

 

Hope you enjoyed the update and you might be getting an update fairly soon. 

Leave a comment to let me know what you think! 

Bye