Past Line 2 - "What have I done.. again."

A Top Star's Competition

Doing the first thing that came to mind, he slammed the door. 

Jungkook stared at the closed door for a good minute before there was a small knock on the other side. 

 

"Uh, Jungkook? Can I come in?" came a voice. 

 

This got him scrambling backwards and running back to the living room where Seokjin was currently sleeping on his white leather couch - yes, Seokjin had gone and went back to sleep - , messy kitchen in full view right next to it as the kitchen was attached to the living room. Why had he thought it was a good idea at the time?

Right, because he never cooked. 

 

He jumped on his manager and shook him awake. 

"Seokjin! Hyung! Wake up." 

Seokjin turned over and opened his eyes and the light that poured in made him squint. 

 

"What." he said curtly, more or less snapping. 

But who had time for that right now, Kim Taehyung is at his door at.. 2:50pm?! 

 

"Hyung, Taehyung is at the front door right now and I need you to-" 

"WHAT? Why is he here and why are you telling me only now?" he jolts awake, looking up at the other. 

"You were sleeping, my gosh. Now you need to go and get rid of him while I hide." 

"Excuse you, I am not going to 'get rid' of him while you go and 'hide', my gosh are you a child?" Seokjin says bewildered. 

 

Another knock at the door is heard and the two on the couch freeze, heads turned in the direction of the door when Taehyung decides to ring the doorbell again. 

 

"Jin hyung oh my- TAKE HIM AWAY." Jungkook grips Seokjin's collar on the top of him. He hadn't moved since he jumped on the other to wake him from his sleep right smack in the middle of the afternoon. 

It's not even the middle of the afternoon it's nearing late afternoon and the two spent the whole night making stupid rice cakes

 

"Go answer the door! Let him in while I clean the kitchen." he pushes him off so he could get up and after a brief moment, Jungkook purses his lips and goes to open the door. 

It was only when Seokjin walks past a reflective surface which happens to be Jungkook's oven that he catches his reflection. 

 

Messy hair, evidence of drool and stained clothes - green and pink food colouring and dried flour. If he looked like that, that could only mean that the other looked the same. If not worse because, no matter what state he was in Jin was always going to look on point. 

No matter how off point he looked right now, but that was not the matter! 

 

"Jungkook, come here and change your clothes!" Seokjin rushes back out to see that the other had already reached for the door and pulling it open, revealing Kim Taehyung in all his celebrity glory. 

His eyes widen and Seokjin darts back in the kitchen, his eyes twice the size of what they usually are as he could only imagine what Taehyung would think of Jungkook's food stained clothes and very messy bed hair with, not the mention, very bad breath. He had gotten more than just a slight smell of his breath from unbrushed teeth as the other was on top of him earlier but did not comment. Since he too was in the same state with bed head minus the slight body odour. 

Taking a glance at the open doorway, he makes his way to the bathroom quickly. 

 

Oh geez.. 

 

"Hi, uhm, are you busy..?" Taehyung says, unsurely, taking in the other's appearance and not really knowing if he'd picked a weird time. 

Jungkook breathes out a greeting of his own, "Hi." the one word that carries his breath from his mouth to Taehyung's face. 

Taehyung smiles, rather awkwardly as Jungkook speaks again. 

 

"I wasn't expecting you to come by today." 

"Yeah, I-" he stops short and falters, a stench reaching his nostrils. "Did you brush your teeth today?" 

This question takes the other off guard and he pauses, looking up at him in dawning horror and very major embarassment. 

 

"I mean, I thought you were in the middle of something when I came and I just, just uh, kind of just thought that maybe you went back inside to get dressed- or change, or uh-" Taehyung says very awkwardly, stumbling over his vocabulary that he didn't think was this limited. He was gesturing weirdly with his hands at the other's clothes. 

 

Jungkook glanced down and the sight of a filthy shirt and ripped jeans that had somehow become ed when they went to sleep on the couch. He wasn't exactly in the mood(for love, sorry I had to throw that in) to change after a night of making rice cakes on his apartment floor. 

 

And Jungkook did the first thing that came to mind as he stared down at his ed jeans and ped fly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He slammed the door. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

Seokjin and Jungkook were now seated in Jungkook's living room after it was cleaned of flour and cooking ingredients. And of course, after the manager and actor had taken a shower. 

The actor shuffling in his seat, uncomfortable despite it being his own home. 

 

"Why are you here again?" he asks. 

"Was I interrupting something? I mean, I didn't mean to walk in on you. Technically I didn't but, well.." Taehyung avoids his eyes. 

"Walk in- what are you talking about?" Jungkook responds, confused. 

"Weren't you with, uh, someone..? I'm not going to tell the press you're seeing someone or any-" 

 

Now he's really confused. He's not dating anyone. 

"I'm not seeing someone, what are you going on about?" 

 

It's Taehyung's turn to be confused. 

"Y-You're not? I mean, you just looked like you had- okay forget it." he flushes and looks away. 

 

What is he saying.. hold up does he think I have some secret woman or something?! Jungkook thinks, pieces falling into place in his mind. 

"Looked like.. wait you think I had with someone?!" 

"Well, you came out looking like- I mean, the way you were dressed and your hair, okay forget that too." 

"You think that was  hair?!" Jungkook says, incredulously, pointing at his head with his hair was now flattened down, his bangs giving him a more boyish look that Taehyung found more attractive than he would care to admit. 

 

"Isn't it?" 

"No! Where'd you, alright forget it." 

"I thought you were in the middle of things and that your manager was just here for extra security or something." Taehyung explains. 

 

Jungkook runs a hand through his hair as Seokjin cringes at the thought of being in the same room or even house as Jungkook if he's getting it on with some woman or a girlfriend. 

And also, he wouldn't allow it! The risks of being found out of a secret relationship from the media or unplanned whatevers were too high. He's one of South Korea's top actors, together with Taehyung and his image and possible reputation could be ruined if people took things negatively. 

 

"Right. Now established that no one had and no one was here for extra 'security', let's get to the real point here. Do you need something?" Seokjin says. 

Taehyung's eyes widen as he remembers what he really came there for, and Jungkook looks up at him from across the couch, Seokjin sitting beside him. 

"Ah, well. I actually came here to ask something.. It's more of a slight request?" Taehyung says, uncertainly, but certainly flustered as he pulls out a thick script. 

 

Taehyung holds the script tightly and avoids eye contact with the other two a few feet on the other side of the couch, and Jungkook recognises the script as the movie they were currently working on. The words that spelled out the title 'Sentimental Attachement' on the front cover also serving as confirmation. 

"Director Choi says I should practice lines and certain scenes with you.. especially the ones coming up where we're supposed to get all touchy and intimate but also where we have arguments because of my character's choice to liking Yoongi's character." Taehyung says, still not looking at them. 

 

Seokjin looks over at Jungkook and Jungkook thinks it's funny to not say anything and make him feel awkward. He grins and takes the opportunity to give a slight teasing jab at him. 

"So, you're forgetting lines and you want to practice with me? Well, I am the main lead and all-" 

"I'm also the main lead, mind you. I'm just as important as-" 

"Me? Sorry, hunny, but I think Shi Hyuk's kind of a pushover." 

"You're saying as if your opinion of Shi Hyuk is going to offend me because I play as him, but I think the one that would be offended would be Director Choi." Taehyung counters. He makes a move to get up, annoyed and he grabs his bag of the carpet at his feet. Jungkook looks up as Taehyung stands up, slinging his bag over his shoulder. 

"If you don't want to practice with me then fine. I'm just going to go to Yoongi's. I don't even know what I had expected by thinking you'd actually help me out for once." 

"Wait! I didn't say I wouldn't!" Jungkook says, suddenly. 

 

Really not wanting Taehyung to go, Jungkook stands and rushes to Taehyung. He grabs his arm unconsciously before letting go immediately as Taehyung turns around. 

"I'll practice with you." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"So here is where Yoongi is supposed to enter-" 

"No it isn't he comes in later, where are you reading seriously?" Taehyung is rudely interrupted as Jungkook jabs a finger in the thick book. 

 

Gritting his teeth Taehyung spits out a, "Alright, fine. Whenever he enters," he says harshly, "I'm supposed to go up to him and do all this stuff written down here." 

 

Reading over the actions Taehyung's character was supposed to take, a frown settles on his face as the words sit uncomfortablly in his gut. 

 

Shi Hyuk - 

Caresses Gi Yoon's hair and his cheek - point : smile

Light tug for hug - detail : lightly sway side to side, 2 to 3 seconds

Pulls Gi Yoon in from wrist - eye contact to ensue

 

"You know what, you can just hug him to save time." Jungkook mutters. 

"What?" 

 

Seokjin looks up from the now cleaned kitchen, a steaming cup of tea in front of him delicately placed on a plate. 

"It's scripted, is it not?" Seokjin questions, catching the attention of the two in the living room. 

"Yes, but-" Jungkook starts. 

"But what? Isn't the movie based on practically one-sided love, I got to look like I'm in love with him while you're in love with me." Taehyung states. 

"It's too cringe, you know? You even have an almost kiss scene with him later on, and little things like this would take the attention off the main love line. You-" he points at Taehyung with his forefinger. "-and me." he directs a thumb towards himself. 

 

Taehyung frowns. 

"Since when do the actors get to change the script and do what they think is in the movie's best interest..?" he raises a brow. "Do you do this often? If not I can now remember another reason why we don't work well together." 

Jungkook sticks his tongue out. 

"Of course not. You get my point though, yes?" 

"..." 

"..." 

"..N-" 

"YES, you do. Okay, moving on, next page." he says forcefully and Taehyung can only comply. He heaves a sigh and flips over to the next page to start the next section. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's the next hour that the two boys get increasingly frustrated, one in particular. 

Taehyung flinches violently when Jungkook loses his temper and throws the heavy script down hard somewhere a few centimetres from his feet. He looks up almost fearfully as Jungkook glares at him. 

 

"Why aren't you getting it?! Is it that hard to remember this two sentence section after I finish my line?!" 

Taehyung glares back, feeling immensely hurt by the insult as his eyes glaze over. "I'm trying, okay?! It's not only this scene I have to remember! You at least have another day or two to memorise your next five scenes while I have seven to memorise tomorrow! That's why I'm here in the first place, so don't throw your stuff at me like I should have remembered the entire movie by now!" 

Jungkook looks at Taehyung a few feet from where he's standing, and by the way his body language is saying he's not only angry but hurt and clearly stressed. And by the way his eyes are shaking and glistening with frustrated tears, he's pushed him over the edge with that last insensitive remark. 

 

"I-I'm sorry, okay. I didn't mean it.. like that.." he trials off pathetically. 

Taehyung sniffs loudly and rubs a sleeve over his eyes trying to compose himself. 

"Why did I even come here to memorise lines with you, at this rate of being yelled at and critizised I would have already have made more progress by myself or with Yoongi." 

He had wanted to get some stress off by focusing on the movie, though when he rocked up here on Director Choi's advice hoping that the other was actually going to be nice to him-or at least civil at the very least- it obviously proved otherwise. Especially considering that the other's script had almost landed on his foot. 

 

"Forget it. I'm going to Yoongi hyung." He turns around, past Seokjin still by the kitchen table and right out the door, script in hand and leaving his backpack behind. 

The door shut rather loudly as it slammed and then the resounding beeps from his door as the modern lock sounded. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What have I done.. again." Jungkook spins around, looking at the landscape out his window. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seokjin sighs, looking at Jungkook's dejected backview. 

"Jungkook.." he calls out. 

"What..?" is his mumbled reply. 

"You've still got these, it's not too late to apologise. Bearing in mind that you now have another thing to apologise for." 

 

Jungkook turns around and sees the two boxed sets of ddeok and and idea forms in his head. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yeah.. I do." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------

Hello

Thank you for 480+ subscribers! 

I'm sorry for being away for so long yet again though I do have something to tell you which will be posted right after this

But I hope you enjoyed the update even though it was not quite up to standard even though it'll do

Leave a comment to let me know what you think! 

Bye