Help the Director - "CUT!"

A Top Star's Competition

 "Jungkook, I'd like you to star in my upcoming movie, Sentimental Attachment." Directer Choi said.

Jungkook's jaw dropped in astonishment. The Director Choi Min Jun was asking him to star in his movie! 

"S-Star?" Jungkook repeated, wanting to assure himself that it wasn't a dream. 

"Yes, of course. I've also got another very good actor in mind that I hope will be starring alongside you." Director Choi said, flicking through a few pages in a document. "He's a very good actor." 

Jungkook just nodded, still getting over the fact that he was to be starring in none other than the infamous young director's movie. 

 

Ever since Jungkook watched the hit movie Nobody's Flower directed by the 24-year-old Director Choi and produced by his team a few years back, the rookie actor Jungkook had wanted to play a role in a movie of his. 

With a name now made in the acting industry, he received offers here and there. But to play a starring role in one of Director Choi's movies?! Hell to the yes. 

 

"I accept the offer!" he almost shouted, reaching for a pen and the contact. "Where do I sign?" 

"Oh hold up there." Director Choi laughed. "You sure you don't want to read what's in the contract first?" 

Jungkook looked up at Director Choi with wide eyes. "Do I need to?" he questioned. "I mean, I'm definitely going to accept this role." 

Director Choi laughed again, "If you're sure. It's not like there's anything unexpected in there, I just thought that someone would read what they need to do before signing into it. But then again, I look forward to working with you." 

"Oh yes, yes of course! Me too." Jungkook stood up and bowed as Director Choi rose from the pristine white leather chair. "I need to meet with Kim Taehyung now." 

Jungkook straightens up in surprise. "Taehyung?" 

Director Choi nodded. 

"Oh yes, I want this to be a star-studded cast. I hope he'll accept the next starring role next to yours. You look very fine together." the young director nodded. 

"W-We'll star together?" Jungkook asks, starring with his rival was something quite absurd. In a romance movie they'll definitely have to push their acting right up there if they're going to pretend to be in love. 

 

Oh dear gosh, Jungkook. Fighting! 

Jungkook lets out a deflated sigh. 

 

"Yes, you would. If he accepted the role, that is." Director Choi responded. "Well, I better go now if I don't want to be late." 

Jungkook nodded absently as he left. When the door closed, Jungkook slumped down on the same leather chair he was sitting on a few moments ago. 

 

His manager walked up next to him. "So, you got the starring role. Isn't that something to be celebrated?" 

"Hyung." Jungkook whined, "I'm going to have to star with Kim Taehyung!" 

His manager just shrugged, "He wasn't wrong when he said you two look top notch together. You're both terrific actors, so I don't see what the problem is." 

"We're rivals, hyung. He's my competitor. Opponent. Challenger. Whatever the heck you want to call it!" Jungkook stands and paces, "We've never acted together before. Ever. We declined an acting offer everytime we were both offerred a role in the same drama or film because you know why? He can't stand me. I can't stand him. Rivals, hyung, rivals." he repeated

"He hasn't accepted the offer yet." his manager says. 

"Who in their right mind would decline an offer, a starring role, in a Director Choi Min Jun movie?!" Jungkook yells. "Oh my gosh, we're going to have to hold hands. Hug. Kiss. AH MA GAWD!" Jungkook flops back down on the chair, limbs hanging off the sides as he groans. 

His manager laughs. 

"Lets go now. You need to be at an appointment in half an hour." 

"I don't wanna go~" 

"Get in the car." 

"Yes, hyung." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Taehyung! It's nice meeting you." Director Choi greets as he enters the room where Taehyung is seated in. 

"Director Choi! It's my honour meeting you." Taehyung stands up and bows. The two shake hands and they settle into their seats. 

 

Director Choi starts speaking. 

"Taehyung, I want you to play a starring role in my upcoming movie." 

Taehyung almost falls off his seat. "What? Starring role?! Yes, yes, yes! Of course I would!" 

He leans forward. "Where do I sign?" 

 

Wait until Jungkook hears about this

He thinks, excited as he wondered about how the other would react. 

 

Laughing, the Director takes out some papers. "The movie is called Sentimental Attachment. And you're just like Jungkook. He did exactly what you just did." 

Taehyung's smile drops from his face and he looks surprised. "Jungkook is also going to be in the movie?" 

Director Choi nods. "Is there a problem? I know you two are difficult to get in one film. Though, I'd really like to see you two together and being able to work with you two will be great." 

Taehyung shakes his head. "Well, a reason for that is because we don't really get along." He waves a hand, "But who cares? I get to work with you!" 

Signing his name on the papers, he hands it back. 

 

Director Choi takes it and says, "You'll get a copy of your own the next time we meet. All the filming details will be handed to your manager to inform you. If there's any problems, don't hesitate to call me. Here, my business card." 

"Thank you, Director Choi. I look forward to working with you!" 

 

The Director smiles, "I look forward to working with you too. I can't wait until we start filming! This will be great, your first film with Jungkook!" 

"Right." 

Director Choi laughs. "I don't think it'll be that bad. You're a fantastic actor and you two are professionals. I assume you and Jungkook know how to separate work and personal, yes?" 

"Oh, of course!" Taehyung nods. 

"Well, I'll see you soon." 

"Bye~! Thank you again!" Taehyung waves. 

 

 

 

 

One film? With Jungkook?

I guess Director Choi Min Jun's got them really hyped and has them in the palm of his hand. 

 

Oh well, there's a first time for everything. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

"CUT!" 

 

 

 

Director Choi sighed as he sat in his chair. Flicking through the script in his hands, he stops at a page and shows it to the two actors grumbling on set. 

 

"Boys. Look here, emotional. What do you do when the script says emotional? You show emotion. Emotion." the young director put down the script and waved at the camera. "Again." 

 

Jungkook glared at Taehyung. "Because of you we have to film it again." 

"Oh, what makes you think it's me? You're the one not showing the emotion." Taehyung glares back, repeating the word Director Choi had said seconds ago to get on the other's nerve. 

"You little piece of-" 

 

"Are you boys ready?" Director Choi said through gritted teeth. They've been on the same scene for over 15 minutes and he was getting annoyed as he saw the time slip away. 

"Yes, sir!" they both shouted and got into position. 

 

"Say it like you mean it this time. Got it?" Jungkook muttered as he got into his place on the couch, bringing his knees to his chest and tried his best to look innocent. 

Taehyung rolled his eyes as he walked to the door on the set, "What are you, my boss? I don't need to be told that by the likes of you." 

Jungkook scoffed, turning his head away. 

 

"Unbelievable." he mutters, frowning. 

"We're going to start filming now, and you need to act like you're disheartened and sad while waiting for someone. So Jeon Jungkook stop looking like you want to rip apart the pillow you're holding." Director Choi said, signalling a camera to his right. 

Taehyung snorts, "Who was it who said we had to film again because of me?" 

"Shut up, Kim Taehyung." Jungkook grabs a flower on the table next to him and throws it at him. 

"Oh that did something, didn't it." Taehyung leaned against the doorframe, nonchalantly inspecting his fingernails as he suppressed a smirk. 

 

Jungkook sees red and he so wanted to just grab the vase instead of the flower-

"Don't ruin the props! Put it back and film this now." Director Choi made a move to get off his chair and both boys quickly hurried to make everything the way it was. 

 

Taehyung grabbed the flower that was now by the doorframe and threw it back at Jungkook. "Put it back in the vase, idiot." 

"Who're you calling an-" 

 

"You two will complete this scene, right now. Stop fooling around! Do you think I casted you two in the same film for nothing?! Don't make me think you two boys can't act!" 

Gasping, the two young actors straightened themselves and got into the ready position again. After sending death glares to each other briefly, of course. 

 

Director Choi huffed, fanning himself with the script and waving at the camera again. 

"Standby. CUE!" 

 

The camera focused on the full set and Jungkook is seen on the couch, hugging a pillow and huffing tiredly as the script said. 

"Shi Hyuk, you're coming right?" Jungkook sniffed, saying his lines. 

Just then, Taehyung enters the scene looking absolutely shattered. The Director nodded in approval as he watched him enter and almost held his breath when they started to act out the scene. 

 

"Shi Hyuk! Y-You're here." Jungkook says, calling out the the name of Taehyung's character. Doing his best to look embarrassed, he avoided the other's eyes as Taehyung looked to him. 

"Oh, Minguk. You won't believe what I'm about to say." he sighed, taking Jungkook's hands gently, or as gently as he could without feeling the need to squeeze his fingers tight to make him squirm. 

Jungkook lifted his gaze to look at the face of Taehyung in surprise. 

"What happened?" 

 

Taehyung remembered to pause for a second before saying his lines. 

"I-I got used and thrown away-" Taehyung's eyes filled with tears and he was surprised he still had tears left with the countless takes they had to do. 

Making sure to make his voice crack at the end to make it sound sad, Taehyung cried and waited for Jungkook to do his bit.

 

Oh will you hurry up. 

Taehyung says in his head. 

 

Jungkook made a show of gasping, then with a worried look he lifted a hand and buried it in the other's hair. He leaned forward close to the face of the crying boy as Director Choi motioned another camera for a close up. 

 

Jungkook lifted the face of Taehyung, grimacing internally as he wiped the tears away with his hand. 

"Don't cry, I'm here for you." 

 

Oh dear gosh, this bit.

Both boys thought as it neared the end of the scene, the one where Director Choi had criticized them for lacking emotion and saying they were too stiff. 

 

Leaning over, Jungkook pulled Taehyung close, wrapping his arms around him in a tight embrace. Jungkook briefly wondered if he could squeeze the air out of Taehyung's lungs when the boy shifted, sniffling. 

"Thank you, Minguk." Taehyung hiccupped. 

Jungkook then took Taehyung's hands, suppressing the feeling of slapping Taehyung's face with them. 

"You can talk to me about it when you've calmed down, okay?" Jungkook said gently. Taehyung nodded and sniffed once more. The two of them waited a few seconds for the director to cut the scene. 

 

"...Aaand CUT!" Director Choi said, glad that the scene was finally completed.

 

How did that even take 15 minutes to film. 

Director Choi thought to himself. 

 

"Ugh, don't touch me." Taehyung flung his hands out of Jungkook's grasp just as the other pulled his hands away. 

"Get your salty tears off me, like ugh." Jungkook wiped his hands on the cushion he was holding before flinging it right in Taehyung's face. 

 

Oh, that's why. 

 

Standing up, Jungkook went to get a drink and Taehyung glared at the back of his head. 

 

"You think you're so great, you self-centered Jeon." Taehyung threw the cushion right back at Jungkook, smacking the him square in the back of his head. 

"What do you think you're doing, you dirty Kim!" Jungkook shouted as Taehyung laughed out loud. 

"Serves you right, !" Taehyung yelled back as he ducked in head to avoid the incoming cushion flying for his face. 

"What did you just say to me?!" Jungkook stomped over and Director Choi sighed, shutting his eyes. 

 

He waved a hand to one of the production crew to stop a fight happening and leaned back. 

"Ugh, Why can't they just get along.. I feel a headache coming on." 

The young director closed his eyes and thought about the time when he first casted them. "They were so eager too..why did it turn out like this.." he groaned to himself as he heard the two still bickering in the background. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------

Hello

Sorry for the wait, here's the first chapter!

It's slightly short but don't worry, I'll do my best to give you longer updates. I hope you enjoyed it 

60+ subscribers already? Thank you guys! 

I hope you enjoyed the update

Leave a comment to let me know what you think!

Bye