BAEKXING: I Hear the Secrets That You Keep (When You're Talking in Your Sleep)

Counting to Infinity

58: Baekhyun has somnambulism and asks Yixing to watch him as he sleeps. Jealousy ensues. Pairing!BaekXing, Song!Fic

He snores, little puffs of air and small whimpers as he rolls over. Yixing shouldn't find it adorable but this is Baekhyun; Yixing finds everything about him either unbearably attractive or painfully cute or somewhere else on that spectrum, in between. Baekhyun snorts suddenly, and it's an ugly sound, or funny at least, but Yixing, enthralled as he is by Baekhyun’s beauty even in sleep, doesn't think to laugh.

Besides, Yixing has a job. He's here for a reason and isn't just watching his boyfriend sleep because he’s a creep who likes that kind of stuff. Apparently, and Yixing can only take Baekhyun’s word for it because he hasn't actually experienced it himself, Baekhyun has son–somn–solemn–

Yixing gives up. Baekhyun sleep walks, basically, and Yixing’s here to watch him so he doesn't hurt himself.

Normally it's not an issue—Baekhyun takes some drug his doctor prescribes that Yixing thinks is called Benzo-something—but Baek’s recovering from a nasty bout of pneumonia and the meds he's on for that won't work if he’s taking that Benzo stuff. Either way he doesn't win, which is where Yixing comes in.

Baekhyun huffs softly but still doesn't move, and Yixing leans forward to brush his boyfriend’s bangs off his forehead. To Yixing’s surprise, Baekhyun jerks at the touch and calls, quite coherently, for someone named Lay. He moans, and it's definitely a sensual sound more than a general sleep noise; Yixing feels grumpy and wants to wake Baekhyun up to explain, but then Baekhyun suddenly sits upright and looks straight at him.

“Lay,” he repeats, his lips and continuing to stare. “Leather. So hot.”

Yixing doesn't own any clothing items made of leather, which makes him even grumpier when he realizes it. Baekhyun gets out of bed and Yixing makes to follow him until he realizes his boyfriend is just heading to the bathroom.

Ten minutes later, though, Baekhyun still hadn't emerged, and when Yixing goes looking he finds the Korean boy curled up in the bathtub with the ends of the shower curtain over his body like a blanket.

That's the first story he tells of Baekhyun’s sleep adventures when Baekhyun wakes up later and asks if he did anything weird.

“And then, when I tried to get you out, you pulled me in with you!” Yixing finishes the story with gusto, then comments in amusement, “Honestly, Baek, I’m surprised you slept through that.”

Baekhyun shrugs against Yixing where they’re cuddling against Baekhyun’s headboard. “I sleep like the dead, babe. You know that.”

Yixing nods in agreement. “I do,” he says congenially. “You know what I don't know, though?”

Not quite sure where his boyfriend’s going with this, Baekhyun bites his lip and shakes his head.

“I don't know who Lay is. Do you know someone with that name, Byun Baekhyun?” Yixing’s voice remains even and calm despite his question and the use of Baekhyun’s full name.

Baekhyun gulps, flushing bright red, and starts waving his hands frantically in denial.

“It was a dream!” He defends himself fervently. “But it's embarrassing.”

Yixing still wants to know, embarrassing or not. “Tell me,” he orders, and Baekhyun, still blushing bright red, complies.

“We were idols and there was dancing and,” he closes his eyes, coughs once, then continues without meeting Yixing’s gaze. “You were wearing leather pants.”

Yixing thinks he’d probably look good in leather pants. Baekhyun thinks the sight would probably kill him.

“But who’s Lay?” Yixing wants to know this still, not liking the idea of his boyfriend dreaming about and over unfamiliar men.

“It was a dream!” Baekhyun practically shrieks this time, and covers his face.

Yixing refuses to be distracted.
“But who’s Lay though?”

“You,” Baekhyun mumbles through his fingers. “In my dream you had a stage name and it was Lay.”

Yixing squints in disbelief, then smiles broadly. “You had a y dream about me?” He sounds infuriatingly smug and proud of himself; Baekhyun’s vacillating between wanting to kiss him or wanting to punch the expression right off Yixing's face.

“Shut up,” Baekhyun grumbles, face still covered. “You know you're y.”

Yixing considers this. He lowers his voice and pulls Baekhyun’s hands away so he can lean closer. “But am I a y dream?”

Baekhyun groans. Yixing kisses him on the top of his nose and grins.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about sleep disorders or medication so please, PLEASE take everything written above with a grain of salt.

Also, I'm back! And accepting prompts again so hit me up <3