CHENLAYHAN: Give Me That Donald Duck, Disneyland Love

Counting to Infinity

"Hurry, hurry!" Luhan grabbed his slow-moving boyfriend by the hand and tried dragging him down Main Street, hoping that it would make Yixing move at least a little faster. "We'll miss the parade!"

"Lu," Yixing remained steadfast in his momentum and refused to speed up even a little bit. "I hate this place," he looked around at all the people wearing mouse ears and fake crowns and shuddered. "Don't make me deal with it until I'm absolutely ready, alright?"

Luhan pouted, but made no comment and stopped pulling so insistently on Yixing's arm. "Fine," he agreed petulantly. "If I miss the classic characters though..."

He left the threat hanging, but Yixing understood. "If never deprive you of your favorite, babe."

"He's your favorite, too," Luhan pointed out with a smug grin.

"But Donald Duck definitely isn't." Yixing shook his head as they rounded the corner to come face to face with Cinderella's castle. "Your obsession with him is a little weird, you have to admit."

"I'll do no such thing," Luhan denied vehemently. "Donald is a great character who deserves more love than people like you want to give him."

Yixing laughed at the ferocity of Luhan's opinion, though this was nothing new. "You're lucky I'm not the jealous type," Yixing commented lazily.

Luhan ignored him because he'd found a great place to watch the parade; it was supposed to start in less than five minutes, so the fact that they found a spot at the very front was a miracle, really. The doe-eyed boy clapped his hands in excitement, and Yixing rolled his eyes but grinned indulgently. Luhan noticed his boyfriend's gaze on him, so he leaned over to peck each of Yixing's dimples once to show his thanks before turning back toward the parade route enthusiastically.

"I'm so stoked to see him!" Luhan cheered to Yixing as the introductory music began to play across the park.

"I can tell." Yixing laughed at Luhan's antics; they were 23 and way too old for this, in his opinion, but Luhan loved it and Yixing loved Luhan, and that made everything worth it. Over the next 20 minutes or so, Yixing suffered through float after float of dancing animals, Disney soundtrack songs, and animated royals come to life. Finally, though, the float Luhan was most looking forward to came into view, and Yixing felt a tight grip on his arm as Luhan stood on his tiptoes and clutched at his boyfriend for balance.

"There he is!" Luhan shouted over the music, as if Yixing didn't have perfectly fine eyes of his own.

"I see him, babe," Yixing confirmed, "I see."

"Donald!" Luhan's voice carried over the crowd as he waved frantically for the character's attention. "Dae, baby, we came to see you!"

Somewhere behind them, Yixing thought he heard a child say in confusion, "Omma, why does the strange oppa call Donald Duck that?" He tried not to laugh because the whole situation was absurd enough without a kid's opinion thrown into the mix. Indeed, he and Luhan were here to see their boyfriend, Jongdae; it was his first day as more than just a park attendant, and the fact that he was Luhan's childhood hero had almost made their deer-like boyfriend pass out in elation. So here they were, Yixing trying to convey more pride than embarrassment, and Luhan carrying on like a maniac without a care in the world. Jongdae's face was hidden from his two boyfriend's view, obviously, but when Yixing whispered, "I'd like to think he's smiling," into Luhan's ear, the latter nodded and agreed, "Totally."

As it turned out, they were right. They met Jongdae at one of the employee areas about an hour after the last parade of the evening, and the look of love and gratitude on his face was enough for Yixing to subject himself to Disneyland a hundred times over.

"I love you," Jongdae mumbled into their ears as he swept them both into a tight group hug. When they separated, Yixing watched as Jongdae and Luhan shared a sweet kiss of greeting, before smiling into his boyfriend's mouth when Jongdae turned toward him to give Yixing a kiss of his own.

"So how'd I do?" Jongdae wanted to know. He glanced at them both as he said this, but they all knew Luhan was the true Disney aficionado of their trio, so Jongdae took no offense when Yixing merely shrugged with a dimpled smile, and turned to focus solely on Luhan instead. Luhan entwined their fingers so that he stood between his two boyfriend's, holding hands with both of them.

"Xing-Xing's obviously uneducated in this area," Luhan jabbed teasingly, "but as we all know, Donald Duck is my all-time favorite." He blushed in embarrassment and his boyfriend's looked down at him in curiosity. "I might have even had a slight crush on him as a kid, actually." Yixing gaped as Luhan admitted this, but Jongdae's chuckle echoed as they walked toward the monorail, hand in hand. "My point," Luhan continued quickly, "is that I have really strong standards for that character. And you surpassed them all."

This was declared with stars in Luhan's eyes, and Jongdae, grateful for the encouragement from one of his two most important people, paused their progress to shower Luhan's face with kisses.

Yixing, though not at all jealous, wanted some attention of his own, so he childishly contributed, "You surpass all my standards too, Dae! Just not in a feathered suit of sweat. Really!"

Luhan scoffed in offense at that sacreligious description of the greatest Disney character of all time, but Jongdae just laughed and happily awarded his other boyfriend with kisses, too.