KAITAO: This Man Hasn't Accomplished Anything (Code: Not Yet, Minion, Not Yet)

Counting to Infinity

55: Jongin's taken to just buying new underwear because he can't, for the life of him, figure out the washing machine. ("Code: Is it my fault my mom always did my laundry?!") Pairing!KaiTao, Laundromat!AU, Megamind!AU (ft. Megamind!Junmyeon)

“Doing laundry ,” Jongin moans in frustration right before he kicks petulantly at the hard metal of the washing machine and nearly breaks his big toe. “Code: Why me?!” he whines loudly. It’s rhetorical, his question, and by definition doesn’t deserve an answer, so the boy’s understandably shaking with fear in his imitation baby seal leather boots when the washer lid flies open and a head pops out to respond.

“Maybe because you’re doing it wrong?” There’s a body attached the head and the boy that it belongs to is just as tall as Jongin and perhaps even just as handsome with his sharp, cat eyes and kitten lips. He gives Jongin’s hamper full of dirty clothes a grimace and fixes his own attire primly then says, “That is not where the detergent goes.”

“The hell is detergent?” Jongin mutters under his breath as he continues his fruitless search for a hole in which to pour the blue soapy stuff he always remembered his mom using when she did this for him. The boy rolls his eyes and reaches out to take the container out of Jongin’s hands, but he seems to think better of it at the last minute and Jongin ends up dropping it all over the floor. “Code: Now look what you did!”

The boy just raises a perfectly shaped eyebrow—he’s nonplussed, Jongin can tell—and crosses his arms. “I was going to ask for your help in getting out of this,” he says, gesturing down to where he’s still standing inside the machine. “But you’ve clearly got a few screws loose. You know the whole point of a code is—”

“Oh, code: Do you ever shut up?!” Washer boy looks vaguely affronted at Jongin’s outburst, but he can’t find it in himself to be apologetic. Who is this guy that he doesn’t know any of the popular lingo and apparently lives in a washing machine?

See?—This is why Jongin waits to do his laundry until he goes home to see his parents. There’s no telling what kind of people one might find in a city laundromat.

“Excuse me? I know you didn’t just tell me to shut up. I’m only trying to help!”

Help! Ha! That’s literally laughable so Jongin chortles obnoxiously to make a point. “Code: You’re kidding right? It’s certainly not my fault the soap spilled!”

His words are the straw that breaks the camel’s back, apparently, because the other boy goes red in the face and practically starts steaming from the ears and foaming at the mouth. “Code: You’re the one who dropped it!” Jongin smirks in smug satisfaction when the boy realizes he subconsciously mirrored Jongin’s slang and makes a face, clearly disturbed. He takes a step back so he can lean comfortably against the dryers lined against the opposite wall of the long, thin room, and crosses his own arms. Feeling much less defensive than a few seconds earlier, Jongin rakes his eyes slowly over the visible parts of the other boy’s body and his lips.

“I was handing it to you and you let it go,” he counters confidently. The boy standing in the washer gapes in disbelief at Jongin’s response and that’s a clear win in Jongin’s book. “I know how you can make it up to me though,” Jongin offers after another moment. He moves his gaze down the boy’s figure this time, making his interest clear when he comments “Code: You’re pretty cute…”

The other boy’s cheeks color but he hides his embarrassment with a strong scoff that has Jongin laughing at him. “I’m not sleeping with you.”

Jongin shakes his head and replies mischievously, “Oh no. I was thinking something a little more…Code: Hands-on?”

“I’m not doing anything else ual with you either,” the boy answers. His expression is pained as he pinches an invisible wrinkle out of his casual button-up and says “My ge would kill you.”

That intrigues Jongin into taking a careful step forward to try and avoid the expanding mess on the ground but still inch a little nearer. “Not you?”

With a shake of his blonde hair the other boy tells him “He’d just shoot me with that damn dehydration gun again. He loves that thing.”

Code: Holy . “Your hyung has a freaking dehydration gun?” Jongin’s almost drooling in jealous appreciation and he can admit that Washer Boy has just gained himself a few points. “That’s freaking awesome!” Sehun would be so jealous, Jongin thinks. He still remembers how his best friend almost pissed himself when they saw Megamind at a fan meet and got their matching Minion 1 and Minion 2 t-shirts signed by the hallowed leader-nim of EXOcity himself.

The other boy snorts. “Of course you’d think that’s awesome. Junmyeon-ge and you would get along splendidly.” He puts a hand to his hip and takes in the blue liquid that’s slowly soaking Jongin’s shoes. “He’s hopeless at laundry too; always leaves things in the pockets of his jeans.” He pauses and waits to speak again until Jongin obeys when beckoned closer. “Things like me.”

“Code: No freaking way.” Jongin can’t believe his luck. “Your brother dehydrated you and then forgot? He’s like a Megamind carbon co—” He doesn’t finish that sentence because he’s shocked into silence when none other than Megamind appears in the Laundromat’s doorway.

“Taozi! There you are!” Megamind calls out to the boy in the washer. His hands are full with a hamper of his own and Jongin is basically hyperventilating at this point. Honestly the only thing keeping him from actually passing out from lack of oxygen is the burden of best friend responsibility: he absolutely cannot die until he can gloat to Sehun about this.

“Code: You’re Megamind!” Jongin chokes out in awe. Tao rolls his eyes again, once when his brother’s face lights up in delight that someone else uses his stupid code, and then another time when Jongin runs forward to greet his city’s hero, only to slip in the detergent and fall flat on his .

“Code: Are you alright?” Tao’s older brother cries as Tao plants his hands on either side of the washer’s open mouth and heaves his body out of the machine to run to Jongin’s side.

“Dear god, Jun-ge. This code thing is getting ridiculous,” he tells his brother once he’s confirmed that the only thing Jongin’s bruised is his tailbone—and his pride.

Junmyeon, or Megamind as Jongin and the rest of the city know him, pouts. “I’m the boss here, Taozi. If I tell the good citizens of Exhaustcity to speak in code, they’ll do it or I’ll—I’ll!—I’ll force everyone to wear clothes made out of copper!”

“Cool,” Jongin breathes out.

Tao’s less impressed. He sighs, pressing his temple between his pointer finger and his thumb. “EXOcity, ge. This is EXOcity.”

His brother looks like he doesn’t understand the difference. “Code: That’s what I said!”

“It’s really not,” Tao disagrees with a beleaguered shake of his head. He looks so defeated that Jongin can’t help patting a comforting hand to his back. Only both of Jongin’s palms are still entirely coated in sticky blue soap, so when Tao ends up doing the laundry for both Jongin and Junmyeon, he washes a few of his own clothes, too.

LOL...