XIUKAI: Oppa (Oppa), I'll Be (I'll Be) Down (Down, Down, Down)

Counting to Infinity

44: Baekhyun whines "Oppaaa" and Minseok buys Girl Scout Cookies, no questions asked. Jongin does it, and gets a different response entirely. Pairing!XiuKai, AlwaystheSister!Baekhyun, Warning!NonGraphicOppaKink

Going door-to-door and selling Girl Scout cookies at 16, Baekhyun in her uniform was easily every middle aged ert's ual fantasy. And as someone who took his protective role as her older twin by a whole six minutes very seriously, Jongin did not like that. Not one bit. Thankfully most of the ahjussis in their middle class Seoul neighborhood were more or less happily married with families of their own and kids whose ages matched the twins' almost exactly. In short, Baekhyun was pretty safe. Still, Jongin insisted on accompanying his sister whenever it was time to sell, and it nearly drove her mad.

"I don't make you bring me when you do your chicken deliveries!" She complained heatedly as he followed her outside and down the street to knock on the door one house over.

"That's different," Jongin argued stubbornly. "I'm a boy."

Baekhyun rolled her eyes. So what if Jongin had a and she didn't? She could take care of herself.

"But what if someone decides they want their fried chicken with a delicious little delivery boy on the side?"

"That doesn't happen in real life, Baek-ah," Jongin told her knowledgeably. "This isn't a drama. If it was then I'd be the one in a skirt!"

"Pabo," Baekhyun teased. "Jonginnie, you're such a dork. Don't you know boys only crossdress in animes?"

Jongin colored at the reference to his rather embarrassing entertainment preferences. For good measure, Baekhyun added, "And like you know anything about dramas."

She was right though, as much as Jongin hated to admit it. On those hours when he wasn't being held hostage behind a desk at school, Jongin's days were spent watching Prince of Tennis with Kyungsoo, harassing Yixing into sharing what he'd learned at his dance school that week, and playing non-violent video games at the Oh house since Baekhyun's attempts to seduce her brother's best friend were unfortunately successful, as much as it pained Jongin to witness it. And sometimes, though more rarely now that the boy in question was a high school senior with college and the future on his mind, Jongin spent his time helplessly ogling the next door neighbor's son through his bedroom window while Kim Minseok played soccer in the back garden during summers and read sordid American romance novels by the fire in the sunroom in the winters.

Jongin tried not to think of his borderline stalker tendencies as Baekhyun rang the bell after her initial knock received no response. She straightened her skirt as she waited, and Jongin worked valiantly to swallow his bitter jealousy when Minseok finally opened the door and greeted Jongin's sister with a brilliant smile. Baekhyun and her short skirt worked every time.

"Oppa!" She greeted the older boy happily with a matching grin of her own. "I'm selling cookies!"

Minseok gave Baekhyun a once over and raised an eyebrow mischeviously. "Already? But it feels like just last year that you swindled me into buying 35 boxes of Thin Mints."

Baekhyun giggled. Jongin tried not to grimace. He loved his sister but her flirtatious laugh was beginning to grate on his nerves.

"That's because it was just last year," she told their neighbor, oblivious to her brother's inner turmoil. "And I didn't swindle you! You're so silly, Oppa!"

"Fine," Minseok agreed goodnaturedly, casting a gentle glance in the silent Jongin's direction and making sure to smile softly at him, too. "There was no swindling. Just my favorite neighborhood dongsaeng emptying my wallet with her aegyo."

Baekhyun considered that with a concentrated pout. "You win," she agreed after a moment. Minseok smirked at Jongin like a partner in crime and the look made Jongin's poor heart ache. Baekhyun, less easily distracted than maybe she appeared, caught the exchange and winked at her brother cheekily. Frankly, it was worrying.

She turned back to Jongin's crush, pulling on Minseok's arm cutely. "But surely Oppa's wallet has had enough time to recover. Don't you think so, Jonginnie?"

Don't drag me into this, Jongin wanted to beg her. You aren't helping anyone.

But he didn't. Instead, he murmured a shy assent and hoped she would let him return to the shadows. No such luck. Minseok, it seemed, had some idea of what Baekhyun was trying to do, though Jongin remained entirely unaware of this fact, even when his crush played along and pretended not to know how much money he had on him.

"Well I don't know, Baekhyun-ah," he said, sounding unsure. "Maybe you and Jongin should come in while I check?"

Before Jongin could say no, Baekhyun was already agreeing. Except "I've got more houses to visit, Oppa, so maybe just Jonginnie can stay?"

Jongin's sister was officially a traitor.

"Sure!" Minseok accepted, not at all seeming upset that the girl he'd claimed was his favorite dongsaeng had to leave. "See you later, Baek-ah!" The girl scout waved and winked again, this time to her neighbor. Jongin, eyes staring fixedly at the worn carpet in the Kim family's front hallway, didn't see.

He missed it, also, when Minseok closed the door behind them and stealthily made a silent approach. In fact, Jongin didn't realize he'd been set up until Minseok was right in front of him, thighs pressed hot against Jongin's and arms trapping Jongin's taller body firmly in place.

"You're awfully quiet today, Jonginnie," Minseok accused with his gaze on Jongin's lips.

"I tend not to talk to much when Baek's around," Jongin admitted sheepishly. Minseok knew this, of course. Just like he knew that Jongin watched him play soccer and read paperback as because Jongin's crush wasn't hard to see, if one was looking.

"What," Minseok teased, leaning even closer and enjoying the widening of Jongin's eyes and the parting of Jongin's lips as his breath hitched. "No honorific?"

"Sorry," Jongin apologized instantly. With a look from Minseok, he tacked on a "Hyung."

Minseok shook his head and brought his hands down to Jongin's waist, brushing along Jongin's arms as he did so. "Try again."

Jongin was confused. "Ahjussi?"

Minseok made a face and removed his hands. Jongin's face scrunched up as he considered what other options he had, then he blushed suddenly when he remembered the pleased grin on Minseok's face when Baekhyun had first greeted him.

"Oppa?" He tried tentatively, voice unbearably shy and embarassed.

Minseok returned his hands, this time to Jongin's jawline, and dragged the younger boy's face close enough for Jongin's lips to meet his own. When they parted, moments later, with slick mouths and breathless gasps and swollen lips, Minseok whispered huskily into Jongin's ear, "Much better."