XIUHAN: I Like It, Babe

Counting to Infinity

50: Some things aren't meant to be; some things are. Which category do they fall under? Pairing!XiuHan, HighSchool!AU, Gangster!Xiumin, Promiscuous!Luhan, Prequel

A small, almost dainty hand trailed its way up Minseok’s arm, coyly the fabric of the rolled sleeves of his school uniform when they reached Minseok’s shoulder. “You have a tattoo.”

Gasping in faux shock, Minseok didn’t even try to sound sincere. “No!” He crossed his arms over his chest, unimpressed.

Luhan blushed prettily—the Chinese boy was well known for doing a lot of things, and people, prettily—and removed his hand from where he had been quite conspicuously groping Minseok’s upper arm. “I like it,” Luhan pressed on stubbornly. He smiled angelically, though Minseok knew quite well that he was anything but, “I like you.”

Minseok didn’t know what he did to deserve Luhan’s attention out of the blue like this, but he didn’t bother wondering if the other boy meant anything by his advances. “I’m not your type,” he bit out in annoyance; Luhan was biting his lip and looking down at Minseok through his eyelashes, and the Korean boy found the sight irritating.

“Everyone’s my type,” Luhan scoffed, like Minseok’s poorly concealed gang tattoo and his penchant for borderline illegal activities much worse than the occasional purchase of cigarettes weren’t things that should have sent their high school’s favorite toy running in the opposite direction.

“Fine.” He’d been trying to be nice. “You’re not my type.”

Luhan rolled his eyes at that and took a step further into Minseok’s personal space; he wasn’t buying it. Not one to be intimidated, Minseok stepped forward too such that he could tilt his head up a little and kiss Luhan’s pink lips if he wanted. He didn’t—or at least he told himself that. And anyway, they’d never work. Minseok’s violent childhood had made him too proprietary, too possessive; Luhan’s disregard for social norms of appropriate teenage behavior fit with Minseok’s delinquency, but even juvenile gangsters had laws they lived by.

Still, in that moment, Luhan wanted Minseok badly. It was obvious in the way he in a sharp breath and widened his gaze attractively before his lips. “I’m everyone’s type,” he told Minseok, sounding not quite haughty—but close enough—when he closed the distance between them and captured Minseok’s mouth with his own. Minseok didn’t argue.

This can be read as a sort-of prequel to the XIUHAN hot-hate drabble set (18/35/46). But only if you want.