XIUHUN: My Electronics Bring All the Boys to the Yard

Counting to Infinity

10: Though Minseok worked at an Apple Store, nerd was so not his type. At least, not until that tall drink of water came in about ten minutes earlier and started hitting on him like it was his job. Pairing!XiuHun

"Oh my god," Baekhyun muttered to Minseok under his breath. "You listen to pop, right, Min-hyung?"

"Um," Minseok thought aloud, "not really, no. Why?" He wanted to know. "Should I?"

"Well, no, I guess not." Baekhyun replied thoughtfully. "Except for SNSD, obviously, but they're Queens, so that doesn't even count."

Minseok looked nonplussed with his donsaeng coworker so Baekhyun shook away the images of Taeyeon furiously before getting to his main point. "Anyway, hyung, I asked because that guy over there," Minseok glances up in the direction of Baekhyun's pointing to see a tall, blonde man in an Apple shirt with a denim button up thrown haphazardly over it. "He looks just like Giriboy in that Jang Hyunseung song."

"Are those names supposed to mean something to me?" Minseok wondered to his coworker, his voice dropping to a whisper as the subject of their attention caught his eye.

Baekhyun patted Minseok patronizingly on the back and pushed him forward toward the man when he started coming closer. "You're a different generation, hyung," he stage whispered over his shoulder as he walked back toward the register. "It's not your fault you're old!"

"Are you?" Minseok heard a voice behind him ask as he struggled to contain his sudden conviction that Baekhyun needed to be drawn and quartered or something. He turned around and the man they'd talked about was smiling crookedly down at him and looking a little flustered. "Old, I mean."

"Not really," Minseok replied absently. "Hey!" He said suddenly, surprising the man—and himself. "Does Giriboy mean anything to you?"

He shook his head. "Is that a new game system or something?"

Minseok stopped distractedly organizing the iPad display to stare at the man in disbelief. He was in an electronic store, sure, but he certainly didn't look like a nerd, even with the middle part and the Harry Potter glasses.

"No," Minseok replied shortly, glad that nerd or not, at least someone else was as disconnected from current music trends as he was. "Can I help you with something?" He asked when he'd thought their conversation was over but the man had yet to move along.

"Can I get your name?" The man asked, and Minseok couldn't decide if it was cute or greasy that the man could clearly read his employee name tag but decided to ask anyway. "I'm Sehun," was his unsolicited offer in return.

"That's nice," Minseok had noticed Baekhyun's waggling eyebrows and lewd wink from the corner of his eye, and was having a hard time focusing. Sehun coughed lightly at the lack of attention and Minseok turned back to the customer with a practiced and apologetic smile. "Sorry about that, sir. Now, as I was saying—"

"Sehun," he interrupted to correct.

"Right." Minseok responded shortly. "Can I help you with something, Sehun?"

"Can I get your number?" Sehun tried hopefully.

"As you can see, sir," Minseok retorted, flattered by the attention but growing annoyed with it at the same time, "my employee number is right here below my name. If you'd like to file a complaint, you're more than welcome to do so. Now if you'll excuse me, I have other customers to attend to."

Sehun glanced pointedly around him at the empty store and Minseok flushed deeply before turning on his heel and walking to join Baekhyun at the register.

"Are you playing hard to get?" Baekhyun tsked teasingly.

Minseok scoffed at his friend as he watched Sehun approach them. "I am hard to get," he declared loudly. "And customers who come here to flirt and not to buy are not my type."

"Oh I'm here to buy," Sehun smirked. "Buy you dinner," he added smoothly.

Minseok heard Baekhyun "Oh!"-ing in the background, but he glared at Sehun and hoped it would be enough to make the man go away. It's not that he wasn't attractive, or funny, or clearly interested, because in the last ten minutes alone, Minseok had discovered the Sehun was all of those things. But Minseok was working and Sehun didn't seem to have respect for that. Also, he was a nerd—so not Minseok's ideal type.

Sehun raised his hands in defense against Minseok's murderous look and said calmingly, "Okay, okay! I really did come in here to look at something. Honest." He told a skeptical Minseok that he was interested in checking out the prototype for the iPhone 6S that was set to launch in a few weeks. "I need something to spend all my money on," he shared with a smirking Baekhyun who was enjoying all of this a little more than Minseok liked. "Like a boyfriend," he winked at Minseok who groaned while Baekhyun giggled.

"Yes, well," Minseok charged ahead and purposefully ignored Sehun's continued flirting. "I'm afraid we don't keep those prototypes out on the floor and its against protocol to allow customers into the back."

He hoped that would be enough to derail Sehun from his stated purpose but the blonde man just smiled at him before turning to Baekhyun expectantly.

"You know," Baekhyun saw something in Sehun's gaze and began to smile slowly, "it's not like we're really busy at the moment, hyung. If Sehun-ssi is really interested, you can take him back while I watch the floor."

Minseok groaned again, but had no real rebuttal for that logical solution so he grabbed Sehun by the wrist and dragged the other man behind him into the storage room. Minseok couldn't see it, but a glowing Sehun mouthed a pleased "Thank You!" to Baekhyun as he followed after the employee. The customer got a magnanimous nod and a cheeky thumbs up in response.

"So this is what the 6S looks like," Minseok started speaking as soon as the entered the back, explains the device without looking at Sehun, his hands and eyes to focused on keeping the prototype in pristine condition.

"I like it. That y, slim look," a warm puff of air whispered into Minseok's ear. He shrieked loudly at his and Sehun's suddenly close proximity before taking a step back and realizing he was trapped in by boxes.

"Sehun-ssi!" He gasped out the customer's name as Sehun's hand came up to rest on a box above Minseok's head and the customer's lips lowered to almost touch his own. "This is entirely inappropriate! I'm supposed to be working."

Sehun's lips still hovered over Minseok's, but the shorter male was surprised to hear a rumbling chuckle as Sehun said in surprise, "Does that mean you'd let me kiss you right now if you weren't?"

Minseok caught his breath and did his best to keep himself from swooning and loosing his resolve. Truthfully, Sehun's pink lips were so close that Minseok just wanted to kiss them already—screw propriety. Officially, though, Minseok murmured an insincere, "Not at all."

Unfortunately for him—or not—as he over enunciated the last word of his denial, his tongue managed to brush up against Sehun's mouth, making the other male moan softly and press his lips to Minseok's.

"Sorry," Sehun apologized after pulling away. He leaned in once more and whispered into Minseok's waiting mouth, "Not sorry."

Apparently, Minseok wasn't sorry either because his response to that was to wrap his legs around Sehun's waist so the taller man was holding him upright against the storage boxes as they kissed. He entwined his fingers behind Sehun's neck and would occasionally release his grip to brush lightly at the wisps of hair there. The movement made Sehun shudder and Minseok liked the feeling of the bossy customer writhing beneath him. The longer they kissed, though, with fingers trailing and tongues wrestling and lips exploring mouths, ears, cheekbones, and neck lines, Minseok remembered less and less his reasons for not saying "Yes" in the first place. True, he was still an employee on shift and Sehun was still supposed to be a customer, but as their lips moved in tandem against each other's in that back storage room, they were just two men who were interested in one another.

Minseok did eventually get that dinner from Sehun, and Sehun got himself a boyfriend not long after. A few weeks later, as Minseok stood in line with his boyfriend to wait for the in-store launch of the iPhone 6S, he pulled out his phone and went on YouTube to look up something he'd just remembered.

With a sharp bark of laughter, Minseok turned to kiss his boyfriend cutely on the nose before shoving his phone into Sehun's face. "Oh my god, babe!" He nearly shouted. "You do look like Giriboy!"

Disclaimer 1: I know XIUHUN is my writer's OTP, but I'm not the reason there have been so many in a row. They've been requested prompts, I swear! ;)

Disclaimer 2: I don't actually think Sehun resemble Giriboy in the slightest. But Giriboy's hair style, color, and the glasses are what I imagine this story's Sehun looks like. Okay? Okay!