BAEKCHEN: To Live (With You) Would Be an Awfully Big Adventure

Counting to Infinity

53: When did their adventures get so grown up? Pairing!BaekChen, Fairy!TinkerBaek, PeterPan!Jongdae, Fantasy!AU

There was a time when Neverland's population was small, tiny even; in those days it was just Jongdae and Baekhyun flitting around the island and being a general nuisance to Captain Kris and his four-person pirate crew. With the arrival of Jongdae's loyal following of Lost Boys, though, things had changed.

Now the boy who never wanted to grow up had to far too quickly, and Baekhyun, forever by Jongdae's side, had to do so too. Now there were mouths to feed and bodies to clothe; now there were many more moss beds to constantly replenish; now there were five more people to keep safe from the malicious clutches of Captain Kris. It was exhausting, frankly, but most days Jongdae wouldn't trade it for the world. At times, however, Baekhyun, tiny self-absorbed fairy that he was, felt differently.

"You know I've only got enough room in me for one thing at a time." Jongdae snickered childishly and Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Emotion, Dae. One emotion."

"I know," Jongdae nodded as he spoke, expression teasing. His smile softened after a long moment and he reassured his Tinker-fairy companion with the brush of his hand against Baekhyun's cheek. "I know," he repeated. "We don't get a lot of us time anymore, do we?"

Baekhyun's agreement was a full-lipped pout that Jongdae absolutely despised because he'd known the fairy for years but had yet to build up an immunity to his aegyo. "Let's go on an adventure!" Baekhyun suggested cheerfully. "Leave Suho in charge and let's get out of here."

Suho was certainly capable, but Jongdae still felt unsure. The trepidation must have shown on his face because Baekhyun curled into Jongdae's side and looked up at him prettily through his eyelashes. "It'll be like old times," Baekhyun cajoled, tugging cutely on Jongdae's arm.

Old times? That certainly sparked Jongdae's interest. "How old are we talking?" he wondered aloud, curiosity clear in his tone.

Argument essentially won, Baekhyun grinned winningly and tripped his fingers up Jongdae's bicep. "Just old enough," he responded as Jongdae's shoulders sagged in defeat.

It took some exceptional cleverness and a little bit of planning, but a few hours saw Jongdae and Baekhyun sneaking out of their treehouse home hand-in-hand. Both the human boy and the fairy one wore mischevious smiles on their faces, and Jongdae couldn't help muttering under his breath to Baekhyun that "Captain Kris is in for a nasty surprise!"

Yet there's a marked difference between intent and implimentation. Though Jongdae and Baekhyun had intended to rain terror down onto their pirate nemesis in the form of a carved wooden alligator and a ticking alarm clock, they were soon distracted from that task not by the Lost Boys, for once, but by each other.

"You've got leaves in your hair, Baek," Jongdae pointed out gleefully, knowing exactly how bothered the Tinkerbell fairy would be by that. And indeed, Baekhyun was.

"Get them out!" the fairy boy practically shrieked. "What if they're bug ridden?!" Jongdae laughed but did as commanded, and Baekhyun's eyelids fluttered shut at the cool drag of Jongdae's fingers through his hair. "Feels good," he complimented, voice a half-breathless moan of appreciation.

Jongdae grinned smugly and echoed his own words from earlier in the day. "I know."

Baekhyun's blush was bright and glaringly obvious from his cheeks to the tips of his ears but instead of the vaguely bashful "Shut up, Dae" that the human expected, Baekhyun said something else entirely. "I should like to give you a kiss."

Now it was Jongdae's turn to flush a violent red because he remembered kisses. They were powerful things in every realm, not just in Neverland, and there was a time--before the Lost Boys--when Jongdae and Baekhyun had shared many. These days, though, such kisses were few and far between, and Jongdae hadn't realized until Baekhyun brought it up, but he missed kisses desperately.

"I should like it if you did," Jongdae whispered back, unconsciously mirroring Baekhyun's syntax as he took a step even closer to the fairy boy and let his hand drop from Baekhyun's hair to cup his neck.

Baekhyun complied willingly, pressing his lips against Jongdae's own in a sweet and chaste kiss. When he tried to pull away Jongdae's hand refused to let him, and soon the two boys were a helpless entaglement of arms around each other and mouths moving hungrily together.

"But our adventure," Baekhyun protested feebily, sounding unconvincing even to his own ears once Jongdae finally released him so that they both could catch their breath. "What about Captain Kris?"

"Forget Captain Kris," Jongdae countered, lips already creeping sneakily across Baekhyun's jaw. "This is adventure enough."

I don't even know.