XIUHUN: What's Mine

Counting to Infinity

Confession: Pretty sure XiuHun is like my writer's OTP. Enjoy!


3: Sehun just wanted a bagel. He'd been up all night and breakfast with coffee was the only thing that could get him through a day. It's not his fault Minseok got in the way of that.

"I'm sorry, sir, but there's not a lot I can do at this point. We can get that coffee for you, but the gentleman before you took the last of our cinnamon raisin bagels."

Sehun flat out growled at the shop employee's apology as he spun around to search the cafe for the man who'd stood in line in front of him. He caught a flash of familiar dyed orange disappearing through the front door, so Sehun ignored the barista's prompt of "Coffee?" and made a quick exit. The man with the orange hair—and Sehun's bagel—made his way across the street and into a tall office building. Sehun was hot on his heels, rushing as fast as he could without having had his morning dose of caffeine.

He had literally just exited that building. As a paralegal, Sehun often worked long hours, and the previous night had been no exception. When he'd woken up with his face on his desk and drool on his law books, all Sehun had wanted was a bagel and a coffee; but that man—the cute, inconspicuous, orange haired one—had just ruined everything about Sehun's morning.

"I want my bagel," the paralegal grumbled to himself, ignoring the confused looks the elevators other occupants sent his way.

"Here," came a sudden voice below Sehun's ear. Sehun turned around, surprised to face the object of his disdain, yet more then ready with his anger now that he had the chance. Before he could say anything, though, the other man spoke first. "I just got one from that cafe across the street. It's fresh and uneaten. Would you like half?"

Gaping, Sehun made a sort of strangled noise in the back of his throat before nodding shamelessly. "I'm Minseok, by the way," the shorter man said as he reached into the paper bag containing his breakfast to retrieve the bagel and split it in two. "I think I saw you in line behind me?"

Sehun nodded again, offering a little bow of thanks when Minseok handed him the sacred food item, but generally remaining mute. Truthfully, he was still in shock because bagels were to precious to Sehun for him to ever consider sharing, especially with a random stranger in an elevator—no matter how strangely adorable that other person was.

Minseok got off two floors below Sehun's and the latter only offered a small wave and another bow, completely forgetting that he'd learned Minseok's name but never told the other man his own. He sighed deeply at his own misfortune, no longer blaming Minseok for a terrible morning, but not having a better one either. After greeting his coworkers carelessly and slinging his bag over the desk chair that he'd only vacated less than an hour earlier, Sehun unwrapped his bagel half and ate it slowly, savoring each bite.

It was delicious, like he'd somehow known it would be.

The next morning, an exhausted Minseok entered his office to find a steaming mug of coffee, a half bagel wrapped in foil, and a note that made him smile.

It turns out that bagels are better when shared. Let's eat it together next time?  Elevator Guy (Sehun)