CHANLU: I Wanna Be Like You

Counting to Infinity

42: Chanyeol and Luhan want to have an "adult" sleepover. Pairing!(Kids)ChanLu, Hinted!KrisSoo, SliceofLife!AU, Neighbor!AU

"I'm telling you, hyung, Truth or Dare is it! That's what older boys play at sleepovers! We have to do that one."

Chanyeol had been 8 for a whopping 24 hours and already he thought he knew more than Luhan. (Who had been that age since September, thank you very much, and he was not about to let his next door neighbor/best friend decide their evening's activities. Even if this was supposed to be a sleepover celebrating Chanyeol's birthday. Something had to be done.)

Shaking his head hard enough to drop the hood of his pajamas off his hair and onto his miniature shoulders, Luhan said "You're wrong, Yeollie. Remember that time Kris hyung came home and his lip was bleeding? Omma thought he'd been in a fight but hyung told me a secret."

Chanyeol was looking increasingly interested and Luhan quite liked being the sole focus of his easily-distracted best friend's concentration. "What'd he say?" Chanyeol asked, voice hushed in anticipation. Luhan's older brother had a squeaky voice sometimes and that was confusing to a child who had never heard of puberty, but the older boy was also tall and had scary eyebrows that made people listen when he bossed them around, and Chanyeol idolized him. (At the very least, the eyebrows certainly did their job when it came to getting Luhan and Chanyeol ready to sleep by their strictly enforced bedtime.)

Luhan's voice lowered in volume appropriately. He leaned forward so Chanyeol could hear his whispered "Spin the Bottle, Yeollie. Kris hyung said that he was at his sleepover party and they were playing that and then his lip was bleeding!"

The younger boy's eyes widened comically and his mouth formed a little 'o' of surprise. "Daebak," he murmured in adoration. "Your hyung's so cool."

"Yours is cooler!" Luhan disagreed. "Soo hyung looks so scary but he's so nice!" (And actually, Kyungsoo was Chanyeol's stepbrother. But Chanyeol's mom had been married to Kyungsoo's dad for as long as the 8 year old could remember, so Chanyeol was more than happy to claim the elder whenever Luhan gushed with overflowing hero worship.)

"Did I heard a little monster calling me scary?" Kyungsoo asked as he stepped into the doorway of the bathroom to find Luhan on his stool in front of the skin, Chanyeol standing beside him. Both children had their toothbrushes forgotten in their hands and had apparently been so focused on their conversation that neither had realized when the toothpaste had slipped off the bristles of Luhan's toothbrush to land on one of the cow spots of Chanyeol's pajamas.

"He's a dragon," Kris corrected before Luhan could, stepping up behind Kyungsoo to trap the shorter man with his arms against the doorframe. "See the tail?" He gestured lazily to the stuffed green tail attached to the back of his kid brother's onesie. "Clearly a dragon."

"Clearly," Kyungsoo agreed drily, humoring Kris before turning back to their babysitting charges and gently wiping the toothpaste off of Chanyeol's own animal onesie before it could stain. "Teeth, you two. Brush them."

"See?" Luhan whispered to Chanyeol while their older brothers bickered quietly by the bathroom door. (Something about biting and blood and y. And then Kyungsoo's distinctly smug "Shut up, you know you liked it," that made Kris' face noticeably flushed and had Kyungsoo grinning wickedly.) "Scary."