XIUHAN: Oh, He Wants Me (Oh, He Hurts Me)

Counting to Infinity

35: Some facts of Luhan and Xiumin's lives are simply irrefutable. 1) Personal space is mythological. 2) Boundaries exist to be crossed. 3) Exes can absolutely never remain "just friends." Pairing!XiuHan, Warning!(Hot)Angst, Sequel

There's a reason people say it's never a good idea to be friends with an ex. For most, that reason had a lot to do with a nasty break up, or a tendency to make up without incident, or a constant reminder of good times that had since disappeared forever. For Luhan and Xiumin, though, their reason was different.

Their break up had happened a long time ago, but it had been a bad one; bad enough that the bitterness of it still lingered between them, even with Luhan pressed close to someone else's body against the wall of Xiumin's new club. The establishment was the reason Xiumin had returned to Seoul from Shanghai after so long, but Luhan had no idea when he'd entered earlier, looking for a little fun and an easy lay, that it was Xiumin's domain he was entering.

And they couldn't just make up as easily as other couples break up, because, again, it had been too long and there was too much between them for effortless forgiveness and well-meant reconciliation. So for them, and why they couldn't be friends after being exes, that wasn't the reason either. To remind of good times, too, implies a current flow of positive experiences to resurface memories of the same; but when Luhan felt his body pulled roughly from the other man's by a strongly familiar press on his shoulder, that certainly wasn't particularly enjoyable, to say the least.

"Leave," Xiumin growled hotly, his normally even, middle-pitched voice angry and low. At first, Luhan thought Xiumin was talking to him, but the other man's glare was pinned instead to Luhan's companion, who put up a fuss until he realized that Xiumin owned the place.

"Mine." Xiumin declared, practically baring his teeth with his hand still digging into Luhan's shoulder and making Luhan wonder what exactly Xiumin was exerting ownership over: the club, or Luhan himself.

"You don't own me," Luhan hissed as the man he'd held against the wall just a few minutes earlier scampered off without even a backward glance.

Xiumin's gaze was haughty and it made Luhan's toes curl just as much as it made his blood boil. "I own this property, and while you're on it, I own you." As he spoke, Luhan hated him, but that didn't stop the Chinese man from kissing back with vigor when Xiumin lifted him suddenly to press him back against the wall.

That. That was the reason Luhan and Xiumin couldn't be friends: because whenever they were together, they couldn't stay away from one another. With them, dating and weren't synonymous the way the two might have been if not for the horrible break up all those years ago. No, dating was something Luhan did with the nice Chinese girls his mother set him up with, and something Xiumin agreed to only if the women he was forced to meet were as successful as he was. But was hot and wild and passionate and rough; something dangerous that existed between them, though not exclusively, even as it simmered like a constant suggestion just below the surface of every interaction Luhan had had with Xiumin since the latter had returned to Seoul.

Luhan wrapped his legs around Xiumin's waist, forcing the slightly taller man to support his weight against the wall as Luhan ground down hard, his crotch rubbing roughly against Xiumin's abdomen and his teeth scraping at Xiumin's throat.

Xiumin accepted the challenge with one of his own, ing his own crotch upward with an accompanying tug of his teeth on the sensitive skin of Luhan's earlobe.

Clothes were tossed aside almost as quickly as they had been that first time in Xiumin's car, and Xiumin commandeered a willing Luhan's body almost like he really did own him. Owner of the club or not, Xiumin really didn't own Luhan's body any more than Luhan owned Xiumin's, but this vicious cycle in which they seemed to find themselves certainly suggested otherwise.

The hate for each other was still there, as was the same bitterness from earlier which had not dissipated through their poisonous intimacy but had rather increased as a result. Maybe, Luhan thought as Xiumin panted hard and rocked rhythmically against him, maybe that hatred was why he and Xiumin shouldn't see each other—shouldn't, couldn't, be friends. Or else, not even the hatred, but what they did together, to each other—with each other—because of it.

If some details of this seemed unclear, that's because this Drabble is actually a sequel of sorts to #18 of this collection. I'm assuming if you're reading this one then you've already read that one, but I still thought I should clarify, just in case.